Londondan's Black Supercharged XUD New Video Inside!! :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Londondan's Black Supercharged XUD New Video Inside!! :D
FYI, the head. Don't bother with an uprated cam... Not very good bang for buck.

Get it gas flowed, bigger valves, with 5 angle seats and you'll be about where you need to be. Just DO NOT use Hiflowheads.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2013, 12:18 AM)Frosty Wrote: Looking good chap! How far is it off running again?

Hopefully the engine will be running again tomorrow. I need to get a thermostat and I need to collect my new header tank from the post office (bloody postman came at 5pm yesterday) also waiting for my brother in law to bring me back the hubs as they're getting bearing pressed in.

(15-12-2013, 08:57 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(15-12-2013, 08:43 AM)Niall Wrote:
(15-12-2013, 07:57 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: What's the benefit of the bigger crank pulley? Looking good Big Grin

Increases the charger speed so more air being pushed through. IIRC Darren had that pulley made to take the charger up to about 15,000rpm which is about their limit. Pretty sure it was 15k anyway!

Oh interesting Big Grin more boost is defo for the win Wink

Spot on Nial! Big Grin and yea, more boost is always win!!!

(15-12-2013, 09:22 AM)jammapic Wrote: FYI, the head. Don't bother with an uprated cam... Not very good bang for buck.

Get it gas flowed, bigger valves, with 5 angle seats and you'll be about where you need to be. Just DO NOT use Hiflowheads.

JP

Yea the cam came with the spare engine so no cost outlay. Going to have a word with the machine shop to see what can be done on the head, all depends on the gains as they do flow really well standard. I wont spend 600 quid for a 3hp gain just so I can say "gas flowed becauseracecar" lol

Why not use Hiflowheads? The reviews online look pretty good from what I can tell (I'm not using them, just curious)
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
DONT TOUCH HIFLOWHEADS

That said back on topic.

Good work! Great to see the win setup back together, and its looking much tidier this time, love it Smile

For those who asked, the pulley is to gear the charger up, otherwise it was only running at just under half speed, so i had that made to gear it so that at 5000rpm it was just touching eatons "max rated speed" I used to rev it out to 6200 so just over that, but they seem to be fine, but yeah was just to get more boost!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Darren did you ever have any issues with that like belt slipping or heat issues? Considering a -19% pulley for mine as long as it doesn't cause too many issues!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
The charger pulley you mean? surely you dont want to make the crank pulley smaller... id say you will need to gear it up still not down..your only revving to what 7200rpm or so?

Never had trouble with belt slipping on the charger, only on the alternator once when i didnt have enough contact, but fine after i added an idler
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Nah I'll be keeping the crank pulley standard size but fit a smaller charger pulley. I haven't worked out the speeds yet so I'm not even sure what it will rev the charger to now but if I can get it up to about 15k at 7500rpm, I'll be sorted Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ah, i was going to do that but realsied A i couldnt small enough to make it fast enough, and b the pulley was seized to the shaft like a sodddd
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Yea I've never had problems slipping on the charger as there's so much belt contact around it although the alternator did slip quite a bit without a lot of tension.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Meh. Who needs an alternator when you have a supercharger :p
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Looking great!

Think you win the award for the most hectic block.

Wanted to come help when this went back together, did my invite get lost in the post?
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2013, 06:02 PM)Niall Wrote: Meh. Who needs an alternator when you have a supercharger :p

Lol, is there a law against candle headlights!!

(15-12-2013, 06:32 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: Looking great!

Think you win the award for the most hectic block.

Wanted to come help when this went back together, did my invite get lost in the post?

I'm hoping to tidy it all up once it's going, no idea yet how Darren got his looking so tidy lol! And don't forget this is only build 2 of 3 so you can defo come up on the next one matey! This has been a bit build a bit when I have time at the moment!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Hiflowheads took £2711.17 of my money and never delivered me anything...
JP
Thanks given by:
Can't wait to see this back up and running. When will it be back on the road. I'll be sure to look out for it.
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
It lives! Done 11hrs on that car today but pleased with progress. Anyway video first!!!!

No exhaust from the downpipe back in that vid so its a bit loud. Also she's leaking derv from the fuel filter housing as the seal had dried up and I didn't have a spare.
I still need some sort of hydraulic hose for the power steering pump -> Resevoir

Below is my header tank, just taken it to my brother in laws work where hes on nights so it can be modified for the ~12mm hose which goes to the water pump.

These b*stards were a nightmare today, took about 20 mins for each injector to get out. As you can see I ended up using a screwdriver to split them in 2 to get them to move!!!

After the injector seals were done I began making progress

Intercooler and rad on

Front end on, hopefully I dont have any water leaks now!! :S

New number plate on Big Grin

Not had the hubs back yet so she cant go anywhere yet Sad

Also the bloody rev counter still doesn't work Huh I'm thinking that Ben who had the car last has put hdi clocks in so I may require some late P2 clocks with the light up needles and approx 130k.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Amazing progress! Well done
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(16-12-2013, 10:31 PM)Anton Wrote: Amazing progress! Well done

Cheers matey, nothing like hearing a car cough and spit into life after it's been in bits!

Also the throttle cable routing is causing it to stick, may need to look at getting a shorter one.....

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
just brilliant mate, well done.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks fantastic mate. I want a trip out in this next time i see you!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I had to use Ph2 xud clocks in my ph3 to get rev counter to work...if that helps!?

Well done with this mate Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Can't wait to see this up and running!
JP
Thanks given by:
great stuff . . . .loving the work, looks like you're doing a good job with it . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
nice work man. sort of motivating me to go finish my own now haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Good work on getting it all shoved back together, won't be long till its on the road Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys^ Just got back from picking up my hubs so as long as she holds her water she'll be getting driven out tomorrow!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Xuds are supposed to hold water? What?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2013, 11:37 PM)Tom Wrote: Xuds are supposed to hold water? What?

lol, yea made me chuckle as I wrote it. Its more of a Christmas wish than anything else lol

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2013, 10:27 PM)londondan86 Wrote: It lives! Done 11hrs on that car today but pleased with progress. Anyway video first!!!!

No exhaust from the downpipe back in that vid so its a bit loud. Also she's leaking derv from the fuel filter housing as the seal had dried up and I didn't have a spare.
I still need some sort of hydraulic hose for the power steering pump -> Resevoir

Below is my header tank, just taken it to my brother in laws work where hes on nights so it can be modified for the ~12mm hose which goes to the water pump.

These b*stards were a nightmare today, took about 20 mins for each injector to get out. As you can see I ended up using a screwdriver to split them in 2 to get them to move!!!

After the injector seals were done I began making progress

Intercooler and rad on

Front end on, hopefully I dont have any water leaks now!! :S

New number plate on Big Grin

Not had the hubs back yet so she cant go anywhere yet Sad

Also the bloody rev counter still doesn't work Huh I'm thinking that Ben who had the car last has put hdi clocks in so I may require some late P2 clocks with the light up needles and approx 130k.

Those clocks are out of a Ph2 Dturbo and they worked fine in the old car!
Car history (starting Jan 2012):

106 1.1 Zest2 (Scrapped)
206 1.1 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Totaled)
BMW 318i E46 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Engine failure)
306 HDi Estate (Sold)
306 Dturbo in black (Sold)
205 1.9 GTI (Sold)
Golf GT TDI
Thanks given by:
Really odd, I've tried all sorts with them, I've just bought another set on here so I'll see how I get on in the new year.

No progress due to rain coming in sideways yesterday so nothing to update at the mo. Sad

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
just out of interest what turbo and supercharger is it/are they, iv spent 3 and a half hours on lobbs threads lookin for insperation on a supercharged/turbocharged xud, also without trying to hijack your threads (sorry in advance if i do lol) but have you thought about the 6 speed box from a gti6, wernt to sure how itd suite the xud if it were possible swap that is. loving the work though mate, i cant stop reading through and looking at the pictures with excitment haha
Thanks given by:
I don't know what the turbo is on this setup, but I expect the supercharger is an Eaton m45...
JP
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Londondan's HDi Cabby Project londondan86 11 7,212 07-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Last Post: insomaniac45
  Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside) Carlos182 122 40,850 26-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Carlos182
  Londondan's Smoothed Stage 2 HDi Estate 152bhp RR Vid inside! londondan86 50 29,133 23-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Last Post: RJDubya