Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside)
Before you all say it, wrong forum I know, but thought I'd share what's cracking off.
Picked this up with 7 months tax and 6 months MOT looking like this; (the pictures don't show how FILTHY it was...)
[Image: IMG_0001.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0003.jpg]

After a quick clean looked something like this.
[Image: IMG_0008.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0009.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0012.jpg]

2004 Bora highline 2.0.
Needs a bit of TLC and a few bits and bobs sorting as you can see here;
[Image: IMG_0018.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0014.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0015.jpg]
^^^ Yes that is it shut. Doesn't leak, but sounds a bit 'windy'
[Image: IMG_0010.jpg]
^^^ Think the trim should just clip back in...?
[Image: IMG_0007.jpg]
Bit of paint on the front and rear bumper. Touch up the arch and adjust the door.
Needs a service too, but should be plenty easy enough.
Heated leather is lush though Big Grin

Plans are;
Paint front/rear bumpers
Finish cleaning
Paint grille
Mask headlights
Coilies
Wheels
Headling/A/B/C pillar re-trim
LED bulbs here and there.

C&C welcome.
Thanks given by:
Fwends!

Looking forward to seeing it evolve mate! What engine is she?
Thanks given by:
Wait, a cherry, a 205 and now a bora.....you're just following Dan lol!

Must say, looks about as f*cked as my silver golf......but 4 years newer! lol plans sound good though......and leather looks so comfy, wonder if Nora seats fit golfs!
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Fwends!

2.0. Not too fussed tbh, got it for a bargain IMO so doesn't bother me that much.

Toms306 Wrote:Wait, a cherry, a 205 and now a bora.....you're just following Dan lol!

Must say, looks about as f*cked as my silver golf......but 4 years newer! lol plans sound good though......and leather looks so comfy, wonder if Nora seats fit golfs!

It's not that f*cked, they're all easy enough to sort so doesn't bother me in the slightest. Makes for a bit more of an interesting project for me too. Even if my painting comes out crap, I'll whack a golf front on it anyways.
Leather is super comfy tbh..

I knew the 'copycat' posts were coming....
Thanks given by:

2.0 petrol....says In the op lol....
Thanks given by:
Carlos182 Wrote:

2.0. Not too fussed tbh, got it for a bargain IMO so doesn't bother me that much.

Toms306 Wrote:Wait, a cherry, a 205 and now a bora.....you're just following Dan lol!

It's not that f*cked, they're all easy enough to sort so doesn't bother me in the slightest. Makes for a bit more of an interesting project for me too. Even if my painting comes out crap, I'll whack a golf front on it anyways.
Leather is super comfy tbh..

I knew the 'copycat' posts were coming....

Lol, ok if you don't think its f*cked there's some hope for mine then! I just hate bad bodywork tbh, as its the one thing I can't fix fix myself, if you're alright painting its a nice and easy to sort! Smile
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Lol, ok if you don't think its f*cked there's some hope for mine then! I just hate bad bodywork tbh, as its the one thing I can't fix fix myself, if you're alright painting its a nice and easy to sort! Smile

How do you think it's f*cked? haha. What's up with yours, or shouldn't I ask...?
Bodywork I find easy enough tbh. Even if I can get it to blend properly, it'll still look better than black plastic showing through.
Thanks given by:
Carlos182 Wrote:I knew the 'copycat' posts were coming....

[Image: i-aint-even-mad.jpg]

Were just bruvvas from different mothers! Good taste, you could say? Tongue

Edit, and don't bother sorting that rear arch out, nice bit of tyre sidewall will scrub the rust off :p and Tom, stop being so negative!
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Carlos182 Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Lol, ok if you don't think its f*cked there's some hope for mine then! I just hate bad bodywork tbh, as its the one thing I can't fix fix myself, if you're alright painting its a nice and easy to sort! Smile

How do you think it's f*cked? haha. What's up with yours, or shouldn't I ask...?
Bodywork I find easy enough tbh. Even if I can get it to blend properly, it'll still look better than black plastic showing through.

Mechanically its fine(ish), but lots of rust and scuffed/cracked bumpers which put people off buying it unfortunately, your interior is in much better condition than mine though! What's the milage on it?
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Mechanically its fine(ish), but lots of rust and scuffed/cracked bumpers which put people off buying it unfortunately, your interior is in much better condition than mine though! What's the milage on it?

Scuffs and bits of rust are easy enough to sort though. I did most of my practice of my knackered hatch that I had, so learnt a lot from that.
Interior is in good nick for most of it, just needs a darn good clean. Fairly high miles at 110,000 but has been well looked after so doesn't bother me all that much.
Thanks given by:
Carlos182 Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Mechanically its fine(ish), but lots of rust and scuffed/cracked bumpers which put people off buying it unfortunately, your interior is in much better condition than mine though! What's the milage on it?

Scuffs and bits of rust are easy enough to sort though. I did most of my practice of my knackered hatch that I had, so learnt a lot from that.
Interior is in good nick for most of it, just needs a darn good clean. Fairly high miles at 110,000 but has been well looked after so doesn't bother me all that much.

Not even high miles for bora tbh! My golfs on 140k nearly.... I know deisels last longer though.

One thing I will say, is ignore Dan about leaving the arches.....I left mine, and the rust just got progressively worse very quickly!
Thanks given by:
Just a bit of forum advice - ukmkivs.net is quite quiet for such a large forum and a bit boring/hard to navigate, but does have some good mk4 specific advice. Edition38 is for all vag cars so is massive and very busy, lots of banter and loads of helpful people but also loads of twats. lol I prefer E38, but I'm on both! Smile

And Tom, did you actually read what I wrote after 'ignore the arches' ?!? lol
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Not even high miles for bora tbh! My golfs on 140k nearly.... I know deisels last longer though.

One thing I will say, is ignore Dan about leaving the arches.....I left mine, and the rust just got progressively worse very quickly!

I'm not gonna leave it. As soon as I get a couple of days spare when the weather's nice then it'll get done.
Probably do the bumpers, grille and headlights at the same time too...
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Just a bit of forum advice - ukmkivs.net is quite quiet for such a large forum and a bit boring/hard to navigate, but does have some good mk4 specific advice. Edition38 is for all VAGaygay cars so is massive and very busy, lots of banter and loads of helpful people but also loads of lady garden. lol I prefer E38, but I'm on both! Smile

Sweet, I'll check out E38. I'm on ukmkivs atm, did notice there isn't much cracking off on there.
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Just a bit of forum advice - ukmkivs.net is quite quiet for such a large forum and a bit boring/hard to navigate, but does have some good mk4 specific advice. Edition38 is for all VAGaygay cars so is massive and very busy, lots of banter and loads of helpful people but also loads of lady garden. lol I prefer E38, but I'm on both! Smile

Ukmkivs is shit! The only one I've found useful is dubgen lol but that's probably too local for Carlos. Honestly, you're better off asking questions on here than mkivs!

This is me being positive dan! :?
Thanks given by:
Carlos182 Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Not even high miles for bora tbh! My golfs on 140k nearly.... I know deisels last longer though.

I'm not gonna leave it. As soon as I get a couple of days spare when the weather's nice then it'll get done.
Probably do the bumpers, grille and headlights at the same time too...

Cool, should be looking good after that then! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
So let me get this right carlos, you bought Dan's old car, and now bought the SAME car as Dan... Rolleyes bumders..

anywho... interesting!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:So let me get this right carlos, you bought Dan's old car, and now bought the SAME car as Dan... Rolleyes bumders..

anywho... interesting!
It's not the same, his is diesel.
Was on the look out for a golf tbh, but this came up, stuck a bid in that was way lower than what I should have won it for, and here I am now.
Thanks given by:
That is actually a really good price imo. Shows how the value of petrol cars has dropped anyway - thats the best part of £2000 cheaper than mine and the only difference is the engine/mileage, and the few bumper scuffs Confusedhock:

Also, I forgot how boring these looked standard lol I hope its dropped and wheel'd before FCS?! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Looks interesting.........shall watch the progress on this but it looks a pretty good buy to me does that! Nice work...................but wrong forum Tongue

Dan! Wrote:I forgot how boring these looked standard lol I hope its dropped and wheel'd before FCS?! Big Grin

What he said ^^
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Bora fweeends!!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:That is actually a really good price imo. Shows how the value of petrol cars has dropped anyway - thats the best part of £2000 cheaper than mine and the only difference is the engine/mileage, and the few bumper scuffs Confusedhock:

Also, I forgot how boring these looked standard lol I hope its dropped and wheel'd before FCS?! Big Grin
Indeed they do look boring as standard. Won't be like that for long hopefully. Might be dropped on standard wheels for a while though Sad
Don't think I'll be coming FCS, supposed to be racing that weekend Sad
Might make it to PFC though, it's on a Saturday, no?

mark_airey Wrote:Looks interesting.........shall watch the progress on this but it looks a pretty good buy to me does that! Nice work...................but wrong forum Tongue

Cheers, does seem like a good buy. I know it's the wrong forum, but can't help it.

VAG INVASION!
Thanks given by:
Looks good man! A good price for the car
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
nice new motor carlos, are you going to euro or keep it standard? also keep the 205 as a track car will you! as that poor car has been moved over twice now for a vw!
Thanks given by:
Looks decent mate! Can't wait to see this!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Noooo ... petrol and VW, oh dear.

Not a bad price tho!
1st - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - Failed Gearbox
2nd - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - At 225,000 miles the engine fell out
3rd - Diablo 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Rust bucket
4th - Cherry Red 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Crashed 6 days after buying, Bah!
Thanks given by:
Nothing wrong with petrol!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:nice new motor carlos, are you going to euro or keep it standard? also keep the 205 as a track car will you! as that poor car has been moved over twice now for a vw!
Need to shift the 205 to pay for this...
Staying fairly standard for a while. Bought some LED bulbs for the number plate and side lights for now.
Will definitely be being hit with a BIG lowering stick!

Foxy-jim Wrote:Looks decent mate! Can't wait to see this!

Cheers, hopefully get some bits and bobs done to it.

Megamonkey Wrote:Noooo ... petrol and VW, oh dear.

Not a bad price tho!

Nothing wrong with VW, petrol, well meh, it moves end of the day haha!
Thanks given by:
ok first dan has a 205 then you buy it then dan gets bora now you have one Tongue dan wanna be Wink
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 2.1td inside [[[portuguese project]]] fabiosilva16 47 27,308 30-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Last Post: jonas306
  Londondan's Black Supercharged XUD New Video Inside!! :D londondan86 283 94,085 15-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Cbray2003
  Carlos182's Astor Grey GTi-6 Scott 533 291,781 23-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Niall