How does your other half feel about old cars?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does your other half feel about old cars?
piggy i'd laugh but it really isnt funny... i have a 1.4 so helen could drive it and not be insane on insurance, if it wasn't for that i'd probably still be driving my Xantia, or the ZX TD, i would have never considered a peugeot.. it was cheap and it satisfied a need at the time

our breakup has nothing to do with the car, mostly because it has everything to do with the other guy, i spent time and money on all my cars over the years, and she's secretly hated every moment, up until the point where she found someone else and decided she needed it as an excuse, amongst other things
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
My girlfriend likes my car, and seems to have a thing for proper boxy retro stuff, so we're on the same page generally Tongue There was a running joke for the first couple years of our relationship that I loved the car more than her though lol.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Peace John. I feel your pain. Been there. Got the life long scars.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Women are clearly more trouble than they're worth... Confused

Half of me likes retro stuff. Half of me likes modern stuff. One half will always be after something different!
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 09:58 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Women are clearly more trouble than they're worth... Confused

Half of me likes retro stuff. Half of me likes modern stuff. One half will always be after something different!

Women are a pain in the arse Tom but still good fun. Someones got to cook dinner! Wink

If i had my dream garage (warehouse) it would be filled with retro shite right the way through to 64 plate stuff.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
The wife love's old british sports cars (Lots of chrome to satisfy her bling fetish) and Big old American muscle. She's not a fan my usual ratty tat though especially disliking the old Ronker/Bluebird and Van. Keeps suggesting I lease a shiny new van and 'Not ruin it' lol

I miss retro motoring however no money/time and mojo for a project these days.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 09:58 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Women are clearly more trouble than they're worth... Confused

Some are. However, a lass that will go to the rugby with you and not need the rules explaining, tolerate car obsession, cook and clean, and bring you a cold beer and a blow job because you've had a shit day is totally worth it!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 10:15 PM)Niall Wrote:

Women are a pain in the arse Tom but still good fun. Someones got to cook dinner! Wink

If i had my dream garage (warehouse) it would be filled with retro shite right the way through to 64 plate stuff.

that's the liams warehouse!

(08-11-2014, 11:31 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:

Some are. However, a lass that will go to the rugby with you and not need the rules explaining, tolerate car obsession, cook and clean, and bring you a cold beer and a blow job because you've had a shit day is totally worth it!

I am still trying to find a lass like that, every lass I have met have been more bother than there are worth.
Thanks given by:
I've found one like that! Not letting her go now either! Lou does get a bit annoyed with me keep buying 306's though sometimes, though its happened more since i got this sack of shit estate, which breaks on an even more regular basis than is funny. I think even she had a soft spot for the DT though.....still miss that car. Sad
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2014, 09:01 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I've found one like that! Not letting her go now either! Lou does get a bit annoyed with me keep buying 306's though sometimes, though its happened more since i got this sack of shit estate, which breaks on an even more regular basis than is funny. I think even she had a soft spot for the DT though.....still miss that car. Sad
Me too. My other halfs called lu. She has a dturbo and I have an estate. Are you me??!!

She also gets annoyed I play with 306s a lot
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Not last I checked, no! lol

Lou doesn't drive, she has me to ferry her about as and when she needs me to. But I still think she misses my old DT almost as much as I do!
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:

most of these care called or referred to as post op transexuals..

is there something you're not telling us?
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Ex hated every car I had.

Now single I drive what ever the f*ck I like Big Grin lol
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 12:01 AM)toseland Wrote:

most of these care called or referred to as post op transexuals..

is there something you're not telling us?
Careful.
Thanks given by:
Soon to be ex doesn't like anything I do that doesn't involve her. Be it golf (the walk spoiled) or now the 306. Says she should be the priority.
Thanks given by:
the most recent ex... used it against me. Any time I spent on the car I had to spend equal time doing something shitty with her.
When i said i needed to fix something she wouldnt understand that it was kind of fundamental and actually needed doing. She said she was happy to help and by help she meant sit around complaining it was cold and that we could be doing other things.

Eventually she got her own car which was an aging 1.2 fiesta which has more rust than something made of rust... complete shit heap. She said she liked it but I think tbh she was convincing herself she did.

Ruined plenty of car meets for me. We went to the Mighty Car Mods meet and met Marty. She wanted to leave after a few hours and showed no interest in the awesome retro stuff in the motor museum. f*cking winging bitch.

My mate she cheated on me with has now f*cked off to canada... funnily enough after 2 days she added me on FB again. No bitch. Im finished with you. I dont know why facebook only gives you the options 'add friend' and 'not now'. Where is the f*cking never option!
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 09:08 AM)MisterGTR Wrote: Soon to be ex doesn't like anything I do that doesn't involve her. Be it golf (the walk spoiled) or now the 306. Says she should be the priority.

yes. That sounds familiar. How about you arent my f*cking priority. The ex had no hobbies of her own apart from f*cking whining all the time and watching shitty box sets.
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 10:28 AM)SRowell Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 09:08 AM)MisterGTR Wrote: Soon to be ex doesn't like anything I do that doesn't involve her. Be it golf (the walk spoiled) or now the 306. Says she should be the priority.

yes. That sounds familiar. How about you arent my f*cking priority. The ex had no hobbies of her own apart from f*cking whining all the time and watching shitty box sets.
Yeah I keep saying you need to get yourself a hobby. But she hasn't. She used to do rowing, running and sporty stuff. But now it's about finding something we can do together. Erm I have plenty to keep me busy Smile
Thanks given by:
Threads like this make me realise how lucky I am.
Thanks given by:
Yes. I have lots of hobbies. Besides doing a job and commuting all over the place I do sailing, cars, wakeboarding, speedboats, the vinyl cutting stuff and a bit of web design. Tbh there is very little time for a gf as it is. Im happy enough single and at 22 I feel there is enough time to enjoy myself and frankly not bother for a bit. Of course someone who enjoys the same things as me and doesnt require 100% maintenance is acceptable.
Thanks given by:
Im sensing alot of bitterness here.. can we get back to titties and beer?

[Image: negative_waves_zps067cd768.jpg]
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
They do help with weight distribution in the car though Undecided

But then, so does a bag of cement....which is cheaper and doesnt moan

("drink some wine, eat some cheese man")
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Tbf i now have a 'snuggle buddy' that doesnt mind an occasional porking and doesnt want any relationship bullshit / facebook official nonsense and she loves cars / working on them. Gets proper involved when im on the spanners and is forever noticing bits of polish i have missed on the car and re-polishing it for me.

Oh and she cooks very well and believes a womans place is the passenger seat or kitchen... onto a winner!

(10-11-2014, 10:40 AM)Piggy Wrote: They do help with weight distribution in the car though Undecided

But then, so does a bag of cement....which is cheaper and doesnt moan

("drink some wine, eat some cheese man")

Piggy your wife didnt seem to think like that at the RR day Wink

to quote her exact words..

"i have gone from understanding wife to JUST SCRAP IT everytime it breaks down now" lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 10:48 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Piggy your wife didnt seem to think like that at the RR day Wink

to quote her exact words..

"i have gone from understanding wife to JUST SCRAP IT everytime it breaks down now" lol

and thats not even about the car! Just about piggy himself!
Thanks given by:
Although she feels rather different now ironically that it made so much power and that she has a 206hdi which goes a bit better than her old NADs(!)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 10:35 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Threads like this make me realise how lucky I am.
This basically.
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 03:22 PM)PartyJas Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 01:41 PM)205 Mardi gras Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 11:39 AM)PartyJas Wrote: My Missus spat the dummy when I borrowed a fair chunk of cash to build by Opel Ascona 400. Said that money could have been spent on a nice wedding........ She isn't my Missus anymore. Wink

What happened to the Ascona? Have you still got it? I've got a LHD 400 replica. Ruan's right hand liked my old Ascona too! .....Luke.

Its still being built and has been for over 3 years now. Should be ready for April 2015 all being well with the engine set up. Its running a Vauxhall C20XE with a rather large Eaton M90 supercharger. Smile

You can see the full build here - clicky

[Image: photo.php?fbid=10152219310040796&set=a.1...795&type=1]

Damn image didn't work Sad

Niiiiiiiiiice. I'd love a Retropower restoration on my Ascona. Mine was built mostly from spare parts I had that weren't good enough to go on my concourse Manta build. I got a 2 door shell for free and built the whole car for about 4 grand. I think I did really well and have ended up with something you can use properly.
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 11:40 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 10:35 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Threads like this make me realise how lucky I am.
This basically.

Likewise.

My missus doesn't particularly like them, but she does accept that it's my choice of pastime and is happy to let me do it as long as it doesn't cost too much or ruin her day too often. She drives the 205 to work, so understandably got a bit upset when the exhaust started dropping off regularly, i can sympathise with that. The rest of the time she's kind enough to leave me to it, bring out regular tea and cake and make sure there's enough hot water for a shower when i'm finished.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(11-11-2014, 07:11 AM)Poodle Wrote:
This basically.
Likewise.

Me too.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2014, 07:11 AM)Poodle Wrote:
This basically.

Likewise.

My missus doesn't particularly like them, but she does accept that it's my choice of pastime and is happy to let me do it as long as it doesn't cost too much or ruin her day too often. She drives the 205 to work, so understandably got a bit upset when the exhaust started dropping off regularly, i can sympathise with that. The rest of the time she's kind enough to leave me to it, bring out regular tea and cake and make sure there's enough hot water for a shower when i'm finished.

Also she comes to shows like pugfest and actually gets involved / takes part, not just sits in the car sulking like most do! Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please feel free fatlapit 35 5,969 19-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  Feel like giving up :( Piggy 33 8,409 19-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Danny2009
  Feel free to laugh C.A.R. 14 6,598 29-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Last Post: C.A.R.