How does your other half feel about old cars?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does your other half feel about old cars?
Bear with me, this came up in the pub last night, would love your thoughts.

So, my lass doesn't really care. If it has a comfy passenger seat, good heater and doesn't break too often she's happy. It gets her to work and Cornwall, and doesn't cost her anything because we don't include it in the household bills. She couldn't care less about car shows or forums, she's happy for me to have my hobby and doesn't feign interest in it, because if I ever talk to her about cars she has the "I'm listening and nodding politely but dying inside" look, so I don't. Happy days Smile

However, my mate has a first generation RX7, a B2 Audi 80 Sport and an E46 320D daily, and his lass will only go in the E46, says the retros are "unsafe, unreliable and embarrassing", constantly nags him to grow up and sell them, gives him shit about going to shows or spending time on forum, and generally just makes an inconvenience of herself.

Is this common and I'm just lucky? Or is his lass a dud? She does have huge tits if that helps.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
narr sounds like a bitch tbh, if a woman wouldn't ride with me it'd be the old ejector seat . .(in connery's accent) . .:p
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 09:13 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: narr sounds like a bitch tbh, if a woman wouldn't ride with me it'd be the old ejector seat . .(in connery's accent) . .:p
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Great rack though.
Thanks given by:
All im thinking about now is great racks...

In all fairness this is probably the reason im single lol

My ex missus is into classic VW's (shite) but she did have a cracking pair of jubblys... IIRC her ONLY redeeming feature tbh.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Thing is, I could understand if the house was full of crap but he runs a carpet fitting and supply business and he keeps his retro cars at the back of the warehouse, they don't even go in the driveway! I'll have to get him to send me a photo to post, proper funny. Big showroom full of racks of carpet rolls, but right at the back there's a curtained off bit behind the last rack. If you peer through the rolls you can see the cars, he just pulls back the curtain and drives them out the delivery door.
Thanks given by:
Mine is a car nut so loves retro classics but also loves the e90.. Proper keeper.
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 10:16 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Thing is, I could understand if the house was full of crap but he runs a carpet fitting and supply business and he keeps his retro cars at the back of the warehouse, they don't even go in the driveway! I'll have to get him to send me a photo to post, proper funny. Big showroom full of racks of carpet rolls, but right at the back there's a curtained off bit behind the last rack. If you peer through the rolls you can see the cars, he just pulls back the curtain and drives them out the delivery door.

Like a boss!

My boss keeps his jensen interceptor mk3 (30+k motor) in a ramshackle tin shed round the back of the brand new office block lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Ladysteve is quite into the jdm stuff , don't think she would be able to do any work on the car but she does love the drift cars at combe and think she's up for throttle bodies on the cuore.
She was also very helpful the other week when I was out working in the dark and she came out without meven asking to hold a torch
she's a bit annoyed I spent money on coilovers instead of a sofa though haha
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Swmbo has hated all of my 306s. She doesn't old cars at all. For what reason she won't give. so I'm not the wiser. All the usual stuff: like its old, unsafe, costs how much to tax! We don't need two cars, it's uneconomical, too loud, is embarrassing turning up to our friends (who all drive newish very boring German stuff), and basically takes up my time and money.

Ha, so now I keep it just to annoy her. The joys of being married...
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
My hand loves retro cars...

Also likes the Volvo...

And it doesn't answer back! It's ace!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
My wife was abit funny with it to start with but I think she soon realised that I didn't care what she said cos when it comes to cars I do what I want and that's that, no it's or buts, that's said when I blow a car she sits there all smug like we'll you did have to stick that bigger turbo on it was fine before.

Thanks given by:
My Missus spat the dummy when I borrowed a fair chunk of cash to build by Opel Ascona 400. Said that money could have been spent on a nice wedding........ She isn't my Missus anymore. Wink
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 11:11 AM)Ruan Wrote: My hand loves retro cars...

Also likes the Volvo...

Likewise.

Was seeing a bird recently who was saving up for a R33 GTR skyline. Shame that didn't work out really, onwards and upwards.

I couldn't go out with someone who didn't at least tolerate the cars, that would be right shit however cute she was.
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 11:40 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 11:11 AM)Ruan Wrote: My hand loves retro cars...

Also likes the Volvo...

Likewise.

Was seeing a bird recently who was saving up for a R33 GTR skyline. Shame that didn't work out really, onwards and upwards.

I couldn't go out with someone who didn't at least tolerate the cars, that would be right shit however cute she was.

Sian kept that one quiet!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure if she minds or not. Certainly listens to me waffle on about stuff and comes with me when I see you guys.

Although the first thing she said when she saw my car was "deathtrap".
Thanks given by:
my misses is pretty awesome for this she sometimes worries about the money i chuck at them (if only she knew the true amount..) doesn't moan when i drag her to races shows etc
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 11:39 AM)PartyJas Wrote: My Missus spat the dummy when I borrowed a fair chunk of cash to build by Opel Ascona 400. Said that money could have been spent on a nice wedding........ She isn't my Missus anymore. Wink

What happened to the Ascona? Have you still got it? I've got a LHD 400 replica. Ruan's right hand liked my old Ascona too! .....Luke.
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 01:41 PM)205 Mardi gras Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 11:39 AM)PartyJas Wrote: My Missus spat the dummy when I borrowed a fair chunk of cash to build by Opel Ascona 400. Said that money could have been spent on a nice wedding........ She isn't my Missus anymore. Wink

What happened to the Ascona? Have you still got it? I've got a LHD 400 replica. Ruan's right hand liked my old Ascona too! .....Luke.

Its still being built and has been for over 3 years now. Should be ready for April 2015 all being well with the engine set up. Its running a Vauxhall C20XE with a rather large Eaton M90 supercharger. Smile

You can see the full build here - clicky

[Image: photo.php?fbid=10152219310040796&set=a.1...795&type=1]

Damn image didn't work Sad
Thanks given by:
the lasses I dated, were not bothered at all, The last lass I dated, loved 90s stuff and thought the little rover was topper.
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 11:40 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Likewise.

Was seeing a bloke recently who was saving up for a R33 GTR skyline. Shame that didn't work out really, onwards and upwards.

Wasn't another one of those 'birds' like last time was it?
Thanks given by:
She knows if i had to choose between her and the car, its the car so she keeps quiet.
She does that typical thing though with snide remarks about how much i spend on the car. Oh if only she knew lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Guess I'm lucky, she doesn't give a toss, will happily sit with me in the cold handing me tools, helping fit FMIC etc without any complaint.

If I want to go tinker with cars, that's also fine, she doesn't mind, she'll go amuse herself.

She doesn't care what I spend on them but says "and you moan when I spend more than £50 on clothes"! - Which is a valid point.

And she gives driving BJ's. Winner.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Mine doesn't say anything about the cars. She never said a bad word about the HDi even when it was pushing 300K and was 13 years old, despite only ever having newish cars.

She looks for a heater, a stereo to sing along to, and a comfy seat.

She also doesn't say anything when I spend money on the car either, cause she knows hers gets pampered too. Smile
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Mrs Piggy loves cars, loves the cars I love, is handy enough with a spanner and wants her 206 to go faster!! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
My mrs has a pretty good disdain for my cars.

She's more than happy to go out in my five tho, and thats 22 years old now Big Grin
Thanks given by:
My mrs loves old cars so much she refuses to drive anything with an ecu! Or red she doesnt like red cars.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
my mrs / soon to be ex missus, was ok about me and cars, understood it was part of me and it definately wasn't going to change, and that i would always spend money on it/them

she used it as part of the excuse to leave me...
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
John...the 1.4 306 isnt worth it!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 08:10 PM)Piggy Wrote: John...the 1.4 306 isnt worth it!!
Rofl
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
My car is my other half
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please feel free fatlapit 35 5,952 19-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  Feel like giving up :( Piggy 33 8,323 19-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Danny2009
  Feel free to laugh C.A.R. 14 6,525 29-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Last Post: C.A.R.