Feel like giving up :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel like giving up :(
I really do.

Each few hours I try and find and spend recently on the GTd leave me with more problems and taking a few steps further back from finishing.

Take tonight...nice new aux setup all ready to enable A/C...and its a complete fail, doesnt fit.

bugger. 3 hours and I have taken a few steps BACKWARDS.

Doh Censored ThumbsDown Sad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2da990f8befa2923a0bf291d7ee52a61_zps9a40ad6f.jpg]
Thanks given by:
go shove ya head down the toilet and flush. Angry
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
MTFU!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
seriously. thanks. I'll go hang myself like I was planning on.

anyone wants a 2.1 project, GL560YG.

just look out for the loser hanging from a tree and turn right.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Really? You should know by now no-one takes the 'woe is me' threads seriously!

We all have those issues, it's one of the joys of having a 306! Take a break, chill out and then look at it again.
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
All projects have dark times, things always go wrong, sometimes it all just gets on top of you...give it a break, and come back to it, thats what im doing at the moment, and after having over 6 months of not touching it, a trip to pugfest has started my brain ticking again, and have got some new interest in it...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Get a grip man!

Take some time away from it, if its pissing you off that much. Re-evaluate and continue.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 05:41 PM)Piggy Wrote: seriously. thanks. I'll go hang myself like I was planning on.

Dude with the luck your having the rope would break or the tree would fall over.

Doing a conversion like that to the standard your doing it to especially as its not a carbon copy of my swap is always gonna be an incredible pain in the arse.

I found a few things an utter pain that involved having the engine in and out about 20 times during fitting.

Chill out have a beer, go and smash some car parts, leave the project for a little while and youll be happy again
Thanks given by:
or............ buy the sedan Wink
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Ohhhh come on james ffs, we was only playing, you know how cornic the trolling/abuse is on here, and you should know im in no position to seriously say "mtfu" after the epic sigma fail, lol in fact it ended in a thread pretty similar to this................. lol

So from that point im giving no advice on this topic as I packed mine in and scrapped it, but the 2.1 gtd needs to be finished Big Grin

Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 05:48 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(16-07-2013, 05:41 PM)Piggy Wrote: seriously. thanks. I'll go hang myself like I was planning on.

Dude with the luck your having the rope would break or the tree would fall over.

yup. thats bout my luck this last year, what with best friend dying, parents splitting up, mum having breakdown, wife having an affair....all down to the little things...stuff keeps breaking or good ideas come back to smack me in the face.

just need to get over the hill as it were, engine mounted, interior fitted and think I be ok. Been real ill this last week too, doc's rekons heat stroke, dont think that is helping.

thanks for the chillax posts, and samass and can go pleasure himself to JT on his own time/thread Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Take a step back, do something else, chill out and go back to it with a fresh head.
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 06:01 PM)Curt Wrote: Take a step back, do something else, chill out and go back to it with a fresh head.

think need to. I been flat out for a month, 12/14hours a day, 7days a week.

funds too are hurting....only so far my overdraft will get me! Confused

(16-07-2013, 05:58 PM)puglove Wrote: Ohhhh come on james ffs, we was only playing, you know how cornic the trolling/abuse is on here, and you should know im in no position to seriously say "mtfu" after the epic sigma fail, lol in fact it ended in a thread pretty similar to this................. lol

So from that point im giving no advice on this topic as I packed mine in and scrapped it, but the 2.1 gtd needs to be finished Big Grin

I do feel like that though. Not just the 2.1, everything is getting to me.

Feel like just packing me bag and leaving.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cry me a river...! LOL...

Legend!

Try think of the finished project buddy, you will feel better after a break from it..
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 06:01 PM)Piggy Wrote: just need to get over the hill as it were, engine mounted, interior fitted and think I be ok.
Have you considered a meet at yours one weekend? I'm sure the offer of BBQ will drag some people out of the woodwork to come and help.

(16-07-2013, 06:02 PM)Piggy Wrote: I do feel like that though. Not just the 2.1, everything is getting to me.

Pack a bag and come to FCS? Going Pugfest cheered me up no end.
Thanks given by:
90% of the time people on here rush through projects like there is no tomorrow, from the project threads I've read. If you try to do something to a high standard AND really quickly then you are going to burn yourself out. As the old saying goes it's a marathon, not a sprint!
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 06:15 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(16-07-2013, 06:01 PM)Piggy Wrote: just need to get over the hill as it were, engine mounted, interior fitted and think I be ok.
Have you considered a meet at yours one weekend? I'm sure the offer of BBQ will drag some people out of the woodwork to come and help.

(16-07-2013, 06:02 PM)Piggy Wrote: I do feel like that though. Not just the 2.1, everything is getting to me.

Pack a bag and come to FCS? Going Pugfest cheered me up no end.

But this project for me is something for me, something to prove I aint the failure I think I am I guess.

And I am away FCS weekend. Big shame. Annoyed about Pugfest too as its 10mile down road from me!

(16-07-2013, 06:16 PM)306Puggy Wrote: 90% of the time people on here rush through projects like there is no tomorrow, from the project threads I've read. If you try to do something to a high standard AND really quickly then you are going to burn yourself out. As the old saying goes it's a marathon, not a sprint!

Thats the thing, I aint trying to do it quick...its over 6months now!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 06:15 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Pack a bag and come to FCS? Going Pugfest cheered me up no end.

Yeah made you feel a little bit tooo much better

Thanks given by:
Trust, all projects have shitty times.. When I did the VNT conversion, and had to remove the turbo 7 times or however many it was, I pretty much felt the same... You either have to take a step back or just persevere... Things will get better and you'll wondering why you got stressed in the first place!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Dude I know its a project for yourself but there's no problem becoming project manager and borrowing some muscle for a day to just progress it a little bit to a stage where it doesn't seem such a daunting task.

I helped Matt fit the new engine to his rallye because it was a bit much for him on his own. The 2 of us had it swung in and on the mounts in comfortably under half an hour and now he can continue just adding the ancillaries.

Also can I just add it will be worth it. The 2.1 is an awesome lump and gives such an effortless drive.
Thanks given by:
I'm having my moments with just painting the cyclones!
We all feel like giving up from time to time, and life in general can be so harsh and it seems so hard to turn it around.
All we can do is keep fighting on because we will feel a whole lot better once we achieve the targets!

So based on that, take a break to think clearly; get back to the project and with some patience (and occasionally frustrating hits of car parts) and you'll get there. Smile

I'm sure if there are any major issues in life mate, or anything you wish to have a moan about then feel free to PM me and talk!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I know how you feel. I want to do a lot more to the DT but with what I'm trying to achieve at work at the moment I just haven't had the time, I was gonna get it detailed by Jenksowls today but due to a flexi hose popping yesterday I now have to spend all morning changing that and bleeding the brakes. Chin up and keep going, yours could be awesome!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks all for the comments....

took an evening of F1 and a pint of bitter to calm and think...

then attacked a different angle, the interior. simple, effective.

R.E.V.O:

'realise every victory outright'
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 05:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: Thanks all for the comments....

then attacked a different angle, the interior. simple, effective.

R.E.V.O:

'realise every victory outright'

Good work Son...! That is the spirit Smile
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yea they all have their ups and downs. Crack on with it.
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 05:42 PM)Kimmie Wrote: Really? You should know by now no-one takes the 'woe is me' threads seriously!

We all have those issues, it's one of the joys of having something with tits or wheels! Take a break, chill out and then look at it again.

EFA.

And again, we've all been there. I remember trying to fix my ex's overheating 1.4 Polo, it was late one Sunday winter evening, it was dark (I had just a small mechanics lamp for light), it was cold, and it was pissing it down. All I had to do was replace the thermostat housing but I snapped a bolt in it (and it's a totally plastic housing), so I was stood there, in the rain trying to drill it out with a corded drill... that was fun.

I could name a hundred other such incidents, but to be honest, I'd rather not relive them!

Chin up and take a break (not the magazine, it's shit, or so I've been told by Toms306...).
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Good work mate. PM me your number and your postcode and ill try and pop down with those bits next week
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 05:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: Thanks all for the comments....

We have a saying round here...

"Bitter'll fix owt"
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving in and scrapping the Pug Pughawk 7 3,447 29-11-2018, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Martin306
  Giving up smoking again. bashbarnard 22 3,199 15-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  please feel free fatlapit 35 5,965 19-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Ruan