Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
OMG! This thing is dreamy, bloody love it! Im so jelous!
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Time for a cheeky wee update then!

Literally just back from test driving the car after adjusting the LDA preload, wastegate arm, shimming the gov, adjusting the throttle travel and fine tuned the idle and max fuel.

Fark's sake. What a difference.

Still need to adjust the wastegate further, it's still smoking under boost at 22psi. Only went 1.5 turns in from "stock" as I wasn't sure on the history of the turbo. However it DOES boost at 20+ psi up to just over 5.5krpm, which is interesting in the wet with relatively new tyres, a fair bit of camber and rock hard suspension. Wheels light up in third at about 50mph lmao

I always told myself I was doing this for looks and fuel economy. What i've found is that I don't give a crap about the front bumper any more and i'm addicted to boost.

These VE pumps are actually REALLY interesting when you start looking into them. Spent hours this weekend reading up on the VW sites and to some extent the Cummins ones too. I understand them a lot better now especially as i've dismantled the head of one. Thinking of picking up a spare Bosch and rebuilding it fully just for the lolz.

Oh and a word of warning to anyone doing the gov mod themselves. Make sure the cradle's seated in the leverset properly or you'll turn your nice progressive throttle into a switch lmao

Am going to spin the wastegate another turn when I can be arsed. Bit wet outside just now...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
:clap: good effort, mechanical fuel injection FTW, none of this electronic shite Big Grin it'll be a totally different car to drive now!

I will reply to your PM laters but thats cool with me mate Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
No worries bud, just pm me your address and ill arrange it.

Feels like a totally different car now. I've still never driven a standard XUD as mine had the LDA grind before it was first run and was boosting 18psi peak. Even the extra 4psi feels worlds apart now, especially with the increased revs. Feels more like a boosted petrol now as the powerband is massively increased.
Thanks given by:
Gah, must have a minor boost leak :/

Pump is turned up as far as it will go without the idle shooting up. Hot idle screw backed out as far as it will go and idle is rock solid at 850. Turn the fuel up more and the idle climbs quite rapidly, but I can't drop it any more as the idle screw's wound out.

Still getting some smoke on boost with the wastegate 5 turns over stock. Gauge seems to peak at 22psi and no more, I know i've a FMIC fitted but it must be hissing boost from somewhere, hard to tell though as i'm defiltered at the minute so the turbo noise drowns everything out.

Going to buy loads of T-clamps when I get paid and clamp the shit out of everything, half the system's still using jubilees and some are pinging back slightly when tightening so they're pretty f*cked.

Still, pulls like a train up to 5krpm and slowly dies off after that. Quite pleased so far.
Thanks given by:
Get yourself a manual boost controller, adjusting the wastegate arm isnt the most accurate way ive found! Also, ignore me if you already have Smile
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah might be the next step, I presume it just plumbs in between the wastegate and the cold side?

Also my wheels need redone. Turns out the superglue I used to hold the allen bolts in dissolves in wheel cleaner. Fail.

As such i'm considering the following three options.

All satin black with gold bolts

[Image: allblack.jpg]

Red centre with satin black lip, gold bolts

[Image: blackrim.jpg]

Satin black centre with red lip, gold bolts

[Image: redlip.jpg]

Satin black centre with red lip, red bolts

[Image: redlipredbolts.jpg]

Thoughts?
Thanks given by:
IMHO they all look too dark and don't look anywhere near as epic as they do at the moment
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I'd go for one of the last 2.
Thanks given by:
Matt I don't like the "polished" lip on them, it's just a clear coat and it's flaking off already. Downside to cheap wheels I guess...
Thanks given by:
IMO the all black looks good, suits the car really well Smile
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
All black = cack lol

Reall loving black center/red lip/ gold split stud, looks sweeeeeeeeeeeet

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
i think you loose to much detail from the wheel if sprayed a dark colour and these bad boys need to be shown off.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have you adjusts the throttle arm at all there should be 2 torx fittings on it crack them off and adjust it that way idle will drop a lot adjust the throttle fuel screw till you at a nice idle again. My throttle arm is leaning right onto the pump now can't take it any further
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
This one IMO looks ace Smile
[Image: redlipredbolts.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Black centers with a red lip mate, its the way forward, and if your getting smoke on boost and only boosting 22 PSI either your actuator is buggered and won't hold anymore than that or you have an epic boost leak, check inlet manifold as a start I would say but if you have jubilees that are slipping then there is a good chance that isn't helping! lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
I personally like the black with gold bolts! However im a self confessed style failure!
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Black centres/Red lips FTW.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
i prefer them how they are!
Thanks given by:
Ho hum, after much deliberating, i'm yet to decide on wheel colours. So instead, I created a monster.

Meet...

FRANKENBUMPER!

Started by splitting a decent nick P3 bumper I got from the scrappies for £15. Angle grinder ftw, it's ok, plenty of fibreglass and filler is on the cards! Then braced it using bits of wood and some random screws. Bit of a faff getting it to line up but it's not actually that bad! Overall dropped the lower lip by about 1.5", or about the depth of a splitter. Want the bumper sitting lower without a splitter as it clutters up the lines. Also allows more space to reposition the FMIC so it doesn't rub on the bumper.

Going to fibreglass it from behind, my cunning method involves some bracing, some fibreglass and some masking tape. The masking tape gives a nearly flat, nearly flush finish to the FG when applied from behind, just wait for it to cure and then pull the tape off. Don't have to f*ck about making bridges for the gap either then. Light skim of filler once everything's lined up, then a lot of prep ready for paint.

Also going to be smoothing the bonnet and grille for a nice clean front end. Why the hell not? Preparation for FCS '13 lol

More pics of Frankenbumper

Nice big mouth

[Image: IMG_0649.jpg]

More bracing and lining up

[Image: IMG_0650.jpg]

Rough shape with masking tape

[Image: IMG_0651.jpg]

You can see the gap here and how much is being added

[Image: IMG_0652.jpg]

And the bumper roughly fitted to the GtiDead, just to give you an idea...

[Image: IMG_0653.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0654.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ah i can see where you coming from with the lines following the sides makes it all flush to the ground will the same be happening with the rear? itl make every day driving a massive challenge! a few 106 lot do this too

Thanks given by:
Nice idea, i like it! I was toying on the idea of something similar, but not got the skills with fibreglass to do it, would have ended up going to a bodyshop to have the work done. Maybe i wont bother now! lol

Should look pretty fapping awesome when its finished/painted/fitted, especially with the FMIC slotted into that gaping mouth! Wink ThumbsUp
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Red lips, gold bolts looks fairly epic I feel
Thanks given by:
yeah driving will be a challenge but if this turns out I shall have frankenbumper mk2 made up and kept for special occasions. I've made sure though that it isn't as low as the bumper with the shaved espace splitter fitted, that catches every now and then. Might coat the bottom of the bumper where you cant see it with grip tape or something similar just to make it a bit more durable.

Jenks I know I remember a pal of mine doing it to his 106. He just removed the middle bar from the grille but it gave me the idea.
Thanks given by:
Gold bolts red lip = bloody awesome!!

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing to my front bumper, looks good.
[Image: 20120110_141823-1-1-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have seen a guy cut a 306 bumper down the middle for a 106 but never across. Good idea that!
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Bumper looks great, my splitter rubs on everything from speed bumps, to curbs to the ground when I am driving it hard on country roads and my car is not that low as everyone keeps telling me.

Hope this does not get destroyed the first time you take it out as it looks great.

Wheels I am not sure about, if the Allen bolts are in a thread, loctite them in.
Thanks given by:
More of an update on Frankenbumper, pic heavy sorry. Got a load of fibreglass on and the first couple of skims of filler. Coming together nicely now, hoping to have it ready to fit by Tuesday. Hopefully. Maybe.

First job of the day, remove the tape and slap on more fibreglass

[Image: IMG_0664.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0665.jpg]

Give it a sand, grind off the heads of the screws and add more

[Image: IMG_0666.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0667.jpg]

Now time for a bit of filler to fill in any pitting of the fibreglass

[Image: IMG_0668.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0669.jpg]

And then on to the first proper skim of filler. I'm trying not to use too much as it's fecking heavy and the more there is the more chance of cracking

[Image: IMG_0670.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0671.jpg]

Whilst waiting for filler to cure I stuck the bumper side by side with the current one. It's about 1cm shorter top to bottom than the current one so there'll be less scraping but it'll still look low without the need for a stuck on splitter.

[Image: IMG_0673.jpg]

You can see in this pic how it follows the lines of the skirt much better than a standard bumper without a splitter

[Image: IMG_0674.jpg]

Then on to more filling, sanding, rinse, repeat...

[Image: IMG_0675.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0676.jpg]

Xav was over today too, he kindly sorted out my mess of a smooth grille after I attacked it with some 40 grit and pretty much ruined it. Many hours of filler later and he had the grille smoothed onto the hockey sticks almost ready for paint

[Image: IMG_0680.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0681.jpg]

And last some pics of everything together

[Image: IMG_0683.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0684.jpg]

Still need to sort out the mouth of the bumper as one side is a different angle to the other. Need to add a bit more filler at the back edge of the bumper too. Almost ready to paint though, hopefully look as awesome as i'm imagining in my head!
Thanks given by:
You running it with out a grill in the bumper or going to mould a couple together?

Thanks given by:
No grille, FMIC will be on show like the massive tart I am...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,400 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707