rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced
Well guys just bought myself a 2000 306 hdi 5 door with 126k yesterday costing me all of 500 quid lol.

has a few wee marks here and there but goes well and is just gonna be used as a runaround to take me to uni and back each week.

still have some plans for the wee motor though, looking for some nice alloys for her possibly some wider euro style along with some lows and possibly roof racks lol

car seems to go well, very ticky injectors tho but hey thats only normal on an hdi Dodgy

maybe look for some low mileage ones in the future but for now il not worry lol

pictures to followww...
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
few pictures of the wee motor:

[Image: 2mi5bhx.jpg]

[Image: 2q8y3as.jpg]

[Image: 2rha0y8.jpg]

[Image: fcmzk0.jpg]

wheels look awful!! been mad hunting for rims already, want something wide lol

mot in a month though, priorities first haha
Thanks given by:
Buy mine, so I can buy m0ar!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
haha too dear for me im guessing
Thanks given by:
[Image: 9ie4jd.jpg]

loving this look! roof racks may have to be ordered Heart
Thanks given by:
few days now ad shes still going good. engine is very ticky when you plant the foot in any gear up to 3k rpm... guessing this is the injectors but does anybody know if this is gonna cause me a problem sooner or later or is it okay to batter on maybe stage 1?

should i consider swapping injectors?
Thanks given by:
Injectors should be fine on that mileage, they tick a long time before they let go, my mums estate is on 153k and has ticked since at least 130k.

Looks a good buy
Thanks given by:
aye she pulls well to be fair, better than a few lower mileage ones i tried. ticking is just loud under load but doesnt bother me too much lol Undecided

pity mot is next month or she would be getting lows already!! seems all il be able to update my thread with is bits and pieces and hopefully nice wheels coming soon. also looking to go stage one soon after so will be getting the exhaust done decat and backbox and de egr.

one thing i notice around town the odd time is maybe a wee stutter at low revs... maybe the egr is well blocked anyway so il have to get a blanking plate ordered asap.
Thanks given by:
Colour of the gods!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dont worry about the injector tick.

Guessing you live in Northern Ireland so all Im gonna say is please dont make it look like the rear suspension is broken.
Thanks given by:
like this dum dum? haha

[Image: 11sf4sy.jpg]

definately not Wink looking to get some nice banded steelies or something and roof racks, bit of a different look to around here

and yes...moonstone is the sex!
Thanks given by:
looking at these rims on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120997231344?s...1423.l2649

anybody know any cheap courier services they have used that can post to NI?

cheers
Thanks given by:
can anyone tell me for sure if those wheels fit straight on. i know nothing about wheel fitments etc
Thanks given by:
Et27 would need a bit of help to fit lol. The rest is probably buiness as usual.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/polished-deep-...337cb5816e

what about these? tempted to just get a set of steelies and refurb them
Thanks given by:
Those are sweet man! Get those! May have to adjust the centre bore a little, but still, sweet!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
okay question time...crank pulley is rattling a bit on idle which tells me its not the injectors? want to get this sorted before it causes a problem. anyone point me towards the best replacement part please?

and will it be okay to drive it atm till its done?
Thanks given by:
Probably still injectors too tbh, but crank pulley is easily replaced, fine to drive on in the meantime. You want the single-piece one from a 307, same as this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-307-En...337ad5f61f

EDIT: Actually, you said best, some would argue the lynx ally one is best, but there's others who have had fitting problems with them, so...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
thanks again poodle. driving her to a meet tonight you see haha. il get one ordered asap !
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2012, 02:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Dont worry about the injector tick.

Guessing you live in Northern Ireland so all Im gonna say is please dont make it look like the rear suspension is broken.

Did the number plate give it away? Lol. What is with that style of plate over there? Looks awfull. Pressed plates FTW

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
you dissin my plates man??! oj they will be getting changed sometime Wink
Thanks given by:
okay so theres a set of 13" minilites for sale local to me, i know they are tiny but anybody have any idea what she'd look like on 13's and lowered? would they just look too small?
Thanks given by:
so noticed i have some camber on the rear, more so on the left side. it doesnt really knock or creak much only maybe a tiny wee knock if you go over a bump hard. im guessing the beam is on its way out. anyone know how long it will last?
Thanks given by:
Depends how much camber its got lol, get us a pic.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
This car looks really really clean! Beams on these are shit lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14-Weller-Stee...2ec31be72a

anyone know if these bad boys would fit over the hdi brakes?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/set-of-4-welle...2577554bca

or just spotted those Inlove
Thanks given by:
14's should fit, i had 14's over my xsi brakes, which are 266, same as the hdi i think.

15s would look better tho, and please do it! wellers are SO NICE!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
really tempted, they dont like it when i want them posted to NI though. anyone on here close to this?
Thanks given by:
stick a thread up dude, im not, but there are few members in essex, someone will probably be willing to help you out
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
cheers dude il probs contact the seller here first. and what does offset 0 mean? i know pugs are meant to be 15-18?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,639 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese
  Project OEM Phase 3 GTi6 - Moonstone aircool 2 1,993 14-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Last Post: aircool
  Project moonstone... passed MOT!!! :-) kentiiboii 96 41,073 20-02-2014, 12:13 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii