Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
Righty ho, figured I might as well start a project thread seen as a few of you will be seeing this come FCS. With living north of the border I won't get chance to get to many shows, although switching to a diseasel should help with the fuel economy! As such i'll be making every effort to make sure this project is done properly. It's going to take time and effort to get it just right but it's going to be SO worth it. I promise.

Expect a lot of swearing and shouting, a lot of heartache, the odd bodge job and a lot of questions. Oh and some pretty photography.

So here we start. No GTI6, just the bloody remnants of what was once a sigma phase 1. Then a sundance yellow phase 2.something. And now it's dead. PM me if you want my address to send your commiserations to, or if you want to harvest some of its organs.

[Image: DSCF1359.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1360.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1362.jpg]

The new steed? A tidy ph3 converted, bianca white, lucas pumped XUD estate. It's currently mentally preparing itself for the arse raping i'm about to give it down at Gav's place in Girvan, about 50 miles from here. It needs a few bits to get it running again, nothing major. A new T2, engine mounts, manifold gasket, aux belt, radiator and pipes. Most of which are already sat in my shed waiting for their new home.

The T2? Took a punt on an ebay ad that purely and simply said "306 diesel turbo". The only picture showed a hint of a wastegate arm and upon questioning the seller's response was a very thorough "Garet m8". But it was only £40 delivered and I needed a turbo. Few days later, a VERY tidy, unmolested T2 with no shaft play arrives at my door. Result.

A lot of the parts are being stolen from the GTI6 - rear beam, spacers, front hubs and brakes, wishbones, roll bar, group N gear linkages, GE quickshift, master cylinder, grey masks, bonnet, grille, bumper, stereo.. basically anything that fits.

A lot of the parts are being bought new too. Like my shiny TA Technix coilies and brand new top mounts and bearings:

[Image: DSCF1358.jpg]

They'll be getting some nice 350lb, slightly shorter springs at some point.

Oh, and these:

[Image: DSCF1332.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1333.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1337.jpg]

Brand spanking new Borbet A split reps. And does anyone on here honestly give two hoots that they're fake splits? My opinion is they look nice, and that's all that matters. 16x8 ET5 fronts, 16x9 ET -5 rears. And 195/40R16 Falken ZE912's.

They're being mounted on stud and nut converted hubs too due to the spacers being used. Ease of use springs to mind here!

So yeah, that's the start of my new project. It's going smooth, low, wide and smokey. And so far i'm loving every minute of it.

Feel free to post your opinions. After years of dividing opinions i've become rather thick skinned. Don't get me wrong, noone likes to be shot down, but if i'm about to do something stupid i'd rather know about it first! And believe me, somewhere down the line i'll feel like throwing it in the bin. If you feel strongly against the idea when it comes to fruition, your support and persuasion would be much appreciated.

I'll leave you with the first farty pics of the thread.

Getting stance?

[Image: filmgrain.jpg]

[Image: filmgrainvousavez.jpg]
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome! Cant wait for this! Looks like the same amount of poke as my banded steels!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I just need someone with a tow bar to help me get the shell up to mine. Then the fun part begins.
Thanks given by:
Looks epic! Shame the sundance has come to its end :-( was nice loving the borbets and the bmw red is epic!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice project Chris, same as the sundance I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Thanks given by:
mmm this is gunna be niiice! ill be following this for sure!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Ill reserve my judgement till its finished, but good luck with it! Smile
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's never finished Connor Wink
Thanks given by:
Which is why I said what I said Wink my views on the "stance" scene can be gathered from various threads on here and .net lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Yeah well.. at least I don't have a funny accent. lol
Thanks given by:
Yes you do lol
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:It's never finished Connor Wink

I know how you feel!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Yes you do lol

I'm not Scottish ninja
Thanks given by:
i was massivel impressed with the GTI work done to it and have no doubt that the estate is going to have the same TLC. keeping this one bookmarked!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Youre not? Ahh well lol back on topic though, whats with the red on the sundance?
Thanks given by:
I was testing a possible wheel colour. They were my test panels lmao
Thanks given by:
Ahh looks like its bleeding lol im guessing that was a secondary aim though?
Thanks given by:
Ha, aye. Tried to make it look like it met its end with some roadkill lmao
Thanks given by:
A diesel estate on fake splits? Sounds shite.

Big Grin

Get on with it man! 8-)
Thanks given by:
Should look awesome when kind of nearly finished ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:A diesel estate on fake splits? Sounds shite.

Big Grin

Get on with it man! 8-)

f*ck YOU! Don't make me bitchslap you at FCS
Thanks given by:
I cant believe you did this to that beautiful yellow pug! D: I want your bonnet!
Thanks given by:
Should be an epic project, any plans for some "decent power"? Smile
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yup, gov modded 9mm Bosch, T2 turned to 24psi ish, FMIC, decat.

If I can make 150bhp or so i'll be happy but I know for a fact i'll end up being silly. I always do.
Thanks given by:
padge Wrote:Should be an epic project, any plans for some "decent power"? Smile

Yeh hes going to take the diesel out and put a 1.8 in what? Confusednooty:
Thanks given by:
Oh aye, forgot you had a 1.8

Want some engine bits? /blatantplug
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Oh aye, forgot you had a 1.8

Want some engine bits? /blatantplug

What have you got? haha
Thanks given by:
Full engine is still there mate, what do you need?

Cams, manifolds, everythings still there and all going cheap cheap.
Thanks given by:
Get on that rowell! Fannymolds and cams ! Win. Just ask niall and it will sound epic!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Full engine is still there mate, what do you need?

Cams, manifolds, everythings still there and all going cheap cheap.

wait wait wait... this was a 6 conversaion wasnt it?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,357 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707