Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
boot pins?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Naw far too obvious.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
hmmm i look forward to see what contraption you are devising......
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
QUICK RELEASE TURBO!
Thanks given by:
Haha, that sounds ideal for you! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
keep going chap...
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not a quick release turbo ninja

But a gearbox mounted blower with a snap-off style quick release would be amazeballs lmao
Thanks given by:
found you a turbo matey...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garrett-GT3071...3f208c4f9e

yahooooo....boooooost
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
*sigh*

And so it begins, trawling breaking threads for a turbo, knowing more about the donor vehicles than the sellers do.

One guy even said "i've not got that but i've got one from a 2.2 that's nearly new and is spanking condition you can have for £250"

Yeah, because that's what I want. A GT15 that's WAY out of budget. Cheers fella.
Thanks given by:
best of luck mate. Itll be epic to see it out again!
Thanks given by:
What van has the turbo your after? I'm spending a lot of time in scrappys at the moment, if I spot what your after I might be able to keep an eye out for one if its the right price Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I live about 2miles away from one of the biggest scrap yards in the uk, I can get near enough any turbo you like, providing you know what it's off.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
PM'd both of you fellas Smile
Thanks given by:
Another brilliant piece of customer service from McGill Motorsports in Fife.

The EGT gauge and sender I got was faulty out of the box but with the car being off the road and me forgetting about it, it's about 8 weeks since I bought it and only just got round to emailing them.

Told them why I thought it was faulty, they've offered to send out a new sender FOC.

Result. Always had great service off them. If you ever need any bits and their name comes up in a search, go with them, you won't go far wrong.
Thanks given by:
I've also had this; my first omp corsica rep was pretty wonky, so rang them up, the bloke got another one out of the box, made sure it was all good, and sent it straight down Smile Very good service Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Even the rose jointed drop links, can't remember who it was, Ben or Chris maybe? had a failed joint. Emailed them and they sent another out. Come to think of it, was supposed to have him return the old one so they could have a look at it and it was never sent.

I feel bad now ninja
Thanks given by:
Phew had a good day working on the motor today. With not being completely mobile yet it's made even thinking about working on it a chore, but managed to start and finish a couple of things today. Took the camera too, which is a help!

First job was to replace the crappy old GTi6 mats I had. They did a job, but 3 years old they were looking a bit tatty and let's face it, the estate isn't a GTi!

Cue one rug being thrown out, a stanley knife and the old mats for templates and we have.. PIMP RUG!

[Image: DSCF0237.jpg]

Cut the gearstick down by about 8" too. I'm baller, but the length it was was ridiculous. About 5 seconds to change gear each time lmao

[Image: DSCF0257.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0259.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0266.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0270.jpg]

And now for the big reveal. The amazingly wonderful thing I was doing with two bonnet pins and a couple of terry springs. Ready?

Quick release bumper y0. I'm so scene.

[Image: DSCF0241.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0242.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0239.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0240.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0238.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0248.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0246.jpg]

And a couple of the rear, toned down the stickers a bit and tbh will remove the ones on the rear doors too. And I need to fill in the rear bumper where the exhaust cutout is, but all in good time...

[Image: DSCF0244.jpg]

Still no turbo, still no V5C. Oh well, least I had something to be getting on with...
Thanks given by:
your mad. insain even.
your like one of them old artist on drugs that created many master peices.
tip my hat to ya mate.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its looking a bit niglected dude Sad

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 06:31 PM)puglove Wrote: Its looking a bit niglected dude Sad

Mate it's only done about 15 miles in three months or so now, and hasn't been cleaned in the same length of time. I f*cked up the bumper paint, so that's on the list of things being sorted. Skirts are cracked, need a mint set but low on priorities.

Nothing that can't be fixed mate. Just when it's not actually running i've no motivation to tidy bits up either.
Thanks given by:
Mate loving the quick release bumper!! I may have to steal that idea if you don't mind?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Is the quick release bumper to make it easier to get on the aa truck next time you blow a turbo up? Wink haha, looking good anyway mate
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Go for it. Technically the bracing is still bolted on, and the pins are bolted through the bracing onto the outer skin. The side mounts are still there just to locate the bumper but they haven't been tightened up, the terry springs are used with a slight bit of tension to hold the bumper.

When everything's undone just the outer skin of the bumper comes off, so you have to be prepared to split the bracing from the skin. Nothing dramatic, just a few plastic welds need cutting off.

(03-01-2013, 06:39 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Is the quick release bumper to make it easier to get on the aa truck next time you blow a turbo up? Wink haha, looking good anyway mate

lmao

No.

I'm with RAC now ninja

But yes, that was one reason. Another reason is i'm sick of having to set up a series of planks of wood to get it up the drive etc. Can adjust the coilies with the bumper off too in case I need to raise it/lower it for shows without jacking the car or removing wheels.
Thanks given by:
awaits "someones nicked my bumper" thread
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 06:34 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:

Mate it's only done about 15 miles in three months or so now, and hasn't been cleaned in the same length of time. I f*cked up the bumper paint, so that's on the list of things being sorted. Skirts are cracked, need a mint set but low on priorities.

Nothing that can't be fixed mate. Just when it's not actually running i've no motivation to tidy bits up either.

Yeah i can relate to that one, just chuk a bucket over her or at. one or the other

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Someone can nick it if they want. They can't do much without the mounts lol

(03-01-2013, 06:51 PM)puglove Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 06:34 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:

Yeah i can relate to that one, just chuk a bucket over her or at. one or the other

Yeah I was considering spending a day cleaning it. But then I remember I have a turbo to fit so it's just going to get filthy again. I'm a messy bastard when i'm working.
Thanks given by:
That gearstick looks painful.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Mats and interior looks wicked mate
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 06:55 PM)Ricky Wrote: That gearstick looks painful.

It's actually pretty comfortable, the coils of the spring feel almost contoured to my fingers lol
Thanks given by:
Shameful, no 306oc stickers!

How are you getting on with the headlight washers by the way?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,614 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707