Jonny's GT20s HDi Estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonny's GT20s HDi Estate
Ive now said this so many times, the lifters are NOT a problem, it appears to be the lifters, but the lifters dont cause problems, the problem is due to the wanky design of the HDI head and can be fixed much easier than youd expect!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 03:14 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I think you need to work out how to make solid lifters first before pushing more

I can make solid lifters if I wanted to, but as Ruan says, the lifters themselves aren't the issue, I'm currently looking into the much cheaper and easier option. There's more potential problems going solid than sticking with the standard ones.

Also, I haven't actually had issues with lifters so far, I'm gonna strip down the old broken head soon, I suspect buggered valve seals and/or guides. And the rockers only broke cos of the aux belt failing and getting round the cam pulley.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Why? Brynllwynog2 ran 5500rpm+ at 30 odd psi and the lifters never gave up? The bottom end did...
JP
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 05:10 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: I can make solid lifters if I wanted to, but as Ruan says, the lifters themselves aren't the issue.

Interesting as every stage 2 HDi and up seems to have issues with lifters especially the ones above stage 2, those driven hard and at high revs and those that are stage 2 for a long period of time.
Thanks given by:
Went and got a replacement engine today, then started taking the old one out.

Thanks given by:
You'll have it done before the weekend then.
Thanks given by:
No. Just made a start, I wanted to take my time removing the aircon as I'm either going to sell it as a complete working system or keep it in storage in case I wanted to fit it again in the future.

Thanks given by:
As stated the lifters are NOT a problem. There's something else that is, but depending on the setup ran, you may see the problem, you may not...

And the best bit is, if you converted to solid lifter and left everything else stock, you'd still see the problem.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Well what is the damn problem lol? Don't leave us in suspense.... Confused
Thanks given by:
That'd be telling Tongue

TBH it's not hard to work it out, you've got a head there in your garage, go and look at it and have a think.

Thanks given by:
Bit of progress tonight, I've cleaned up the new engine and started making a stiffer bottom engine mount.

This is what a leaking injector does over a long time.

And the "solid" bottom mount.

Don't know why my phone does that to the pictures. They were the right way up when I took them..

Thanks given by:
The Rattle-your-teeth-out-o-matic 5000 being fitted to the lower engine mount, I see..
Thanks given by:
Just keep an eye on your gearbox bolts it's a solid mount that ultimately killed my car twice! I do however have my billet item for sale if you want a proper one lol!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
What did you use to put in the lower engine mount Jonny?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
A rubber mallet it seems lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh I see lol

It looked like dirty metal.

My bad
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeah yeah I'm a pikey. But tbh it's solid rubber pressed into the mount. Same as any other uprated one
I've finished it now, looks good Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Good to see you're getting this sorted, on the bright side at least it went after you went on the ring Smile take me a week to get round in smokey
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
Will have to let me know how it is with the solid mount, if its bearable as a daily I think i'll do the ame. Fed up of killing engine mounts left, right and centre lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Lol, my GTi6 lower mount that I thought, ooh look DECENT lower mount, bonus! That'll be good for another 30k or so... Nope, f*cked already after about 10k!
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2013, 08:31 AM)Poodle Wrote: Will have to let me know how it is with the solid mount, if its bearable as a daily I think i'll do the ame. Fed up of killing engine mounts left, right and centre lol.

I've got half a mallet here if you want it?

Thanks given by:
Hahaha didnt realise you'd actually made it from the mallet, yeah go on then! Send it down with Chris and ill have it off him at ppcitp. Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ok mate, will do! I should be there anyway.

In other news, I've got my aux belt fitted, hopefully going to make my new battery box tonight.

Thanks given by:
I like the idea of a solid lower mount as mine is franced! what would be the best quality non solid replacement?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Made a good start on my battery box, gonna borrow an auto darkening mask so I can see to finish it tomorrow.

Thanks given by:
Where are you mounting the battery? Got the eps sorted I see, good work! Will have to blag a drive - see what it feels like - if I may? Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Finished and she starts!!

Thanks given by:
Hero! Ppc??
Thanks given by:
Yay!

And no thanks to my distraction lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bet your happy to have it back aint ya? Now when you getting that massive turbo back on? Lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jonny's Orange cabby (xud content!) Jonny81191 65 18,189 05-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Last Post: 1616six
  Carl and Jonny's XUD Hillclimber 306racecar 151 57,810 15-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Jonny's 406 executive HDi Jonny81191 38 9,745 07-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191