Posts: 13,881
Threads: 476
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
81
Location: Ipswich
Car Model/Spec: 306 Rallye
Hi guys,
Hate the sight of the white oregons on the front of my car. Fondmetals wouldnt fit as they were catching on the calipers and I cant grind down any more of the caliper.
I am thinking 5mm spacers on the front to definitely clear them and once the pads have worn down then Ill take the spacers out again.
On ebay i see:
universal 4x108 spacers with 71mm CB for £6.
specific 4x108 spacers with 65.1 CB for £40.
Planning on getting the cheaper ones as I am not planning on running them for long. Main question is with 5mm spacers will i need longer bolts?
Thanks
Sam
Posts: 3,342
Threads: 151
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
14
Location: Rotherham
Car Model/Spec: 306 D-turbo
It is advisable as your taking 5mm thread out of the hub essentially but I would of thought it would be fine it's all down to you really
Personally If the bolt screwed in a few full turns I wouldn't bother
Team Doesn't own a 306
Posts: 19,854
Threads: 581
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
195
Location: Bournemouth
Car Model/Spec: Supercharged 306 GTi6
Yes you will need longer bolts. Do they take tapered? If so i have a set here brand new which may be good for you. I bought the, for my winis but were too long for me. Might suit you.
Also, the cheap ones have a bigger CB. I would imagine you want it to be correct as if you don't get it right, you might have a horrid wobble.
Team Eaton
1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Posts: 5,847
Threads: 169
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
91
Location: South London
Car Model/Spec: 2003 Jaguar S-Type Sport 3.0V6
As said, don't do this without longer bolts. It really isn't worth the risks!
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Posts: 14,208
Threads: 448
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
51
Location: isle of wight
Car Model/Spec: Pov. Spec White '6
5mm is fine, I ran ouragans on my old 1.6 with 5mm spacers and standard bolts for well over a year! I still got at least 7 turns iirc
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Posts: 13,881
Threads: 476
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
81
Location: Ipswich
Car Model/Spec: 306 Rallye
Niall I may come and grab them off you. Yeh outs the tapered ones I need for the fondmetals!
Posts: 14,208
Threads: 448
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
51
Location: isle of wight
Car Model/Spec: Pov. Spec White '6
Fuuuuuu man, I'd had them fitted by a mechanic as I was unsure of fitment
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Posts: 412
Threads: 12
Joined: Apr 2014
Reputation:
1
The most thread you will ever need is half the diameter times pitch of the thread. Any more is there for the shits and giggles. So say m12x1.25 is 6 x 1.25 is 7.25 threads. You should be fine
Posts: 4,926
Threads: 266
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
18
Location: Somerset
Car Model/Spec: 205 DTurbo
I run 20mm's on the Datsun becauseracecar.
Posts: 4,135
Threads: 78
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
49
Location: Chichester
The Audi has been running 5mm spacers to clear the coilovers on the front for around 4 years. Can still get 7 turns with standard bolts, I'm happy with that. Just cheap universal spacers too, I just make sure they're centred by eye.
Posts: 13,881
Threads: 476
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
81
Location: Ipswich
Car Model/Spec: 306 Rallye
Went and saw Niall tonight and got some long bolts from Him. Better safe than sorry especially on track!
Posts: 193
Threads: 21
Joined: Jul 2012
Reputation:
1
Location: Midlands
Car Model/Spec: GTi6 Supercharged
I posted this exact question on the other forum earlier, but for road wheels, and 3mm spacers.
Will I need longer bolts? If so, where can I get them from?
Thanks in advance
Chris
1999 China GTi6 Supercharged track car
2000 Bianca LX non turbo slowness
Team: I hate Sam Rowell's stanceboard!
Posts: 6,569
Threads: 183
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
20
Location: eastwood/notts
Car Model/Spec: moonstone hdi #2
App what's needed for 306 m12x1.5 or m12x1.25?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI