SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
Hopefully we are looking to have the most epic car weekend in the middle of February! Looks like I need to step up buying the rest of the parts!
Thanks given by:
A large very heavy box has been delivered to the Rowell household! Finally! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Pics of shines are required by law.. Tongue
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-01-2014, 11:52 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Pics of shines are required by law.. Tongue

havent even seen them myself yet! I will be going back to my parents tonight so will get to unbox them then!
Thanks given by:
(17-01-2014, 01:22 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(17-01-2014, 11:52 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Pics of shines are required by law.. Tongue

havent even seen them myself yet! I will be going back to my parents tonight so will get to unbox them then!

I can picture you being like a kid on christmas day Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
(17-01-2014, 02:11 PM)mr_fish Wrote:
(17-01-2014, 01:22 PM)SRowell Wrote:

I can picture you being like a kid on christmas day Itwasntme

yes exactly like christmas day. Yay shiney car things.... but its too cold to actually go out and fit them! Dodgy
Thanks given by:
So this parcel arrived... how boring.
[Image: IMG-20140117-WA0022_zps1mq9y8m7.jpg]

then it started to get more interesting. Box not as big as I was expecting...
[Image: IMG_20140117_211232_zpsitb2yknk.jpg]

Then a few things and the tools came out of the box...
[Image: IMG_20140117_211337_zpsnkmzhksc.jpg]

and then all of the shinies were revealed! Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20140117_211541_zps6cshje2i.jpg]

Yes finally they arrived. Took a month to get them and I paid for next day delivery. Demon Tweeks are terrible. Never again....
Thanks given by:
So I went to Ace Cafe on Monday evening and picked up a few goodies. I now have my GTi6 head and gearbox! Big Grin

The gearbox needs cleaning up and painting and I need to get the reverse cable for it. Should probably look into replacing a few things on it too.

The head has the old style cam gears so i need to get some later ones which are apparently more reliable. I also need to clean up and paint the head. Ill probably start with the cam covers as they should be easy to paint. I literally know nothing about heads so this should be interesting seeing as its in pieces. Apparently it has been rebuilt by Miles so hopefully that will be good. Lifters need putting in which I am getting off Niall and also hopefully Niall will be able to give me a hand with everything else D:

With the head, gearbox, throttle bodies and suspension in the boot of my car there was about 2mm of clearance on the rear! D:

Also we had a brain storm about why I was experiencing unpredictable steering and movement under acceleration and braking. After all of ten seconds Jonny came to the conclusion of knackered wishbones so sure enough we went out to the car park and Jonny drove it whilst I watched. Sure enough when he braked the wheel moved backwards in the arch. Not good. So now I can add new wishbones to the ever expanding list.
Thanks given by:
That's good of Niall. Guess you don't need my help anymore then.

:p
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Just had a read through this
Will be very interesting Smile
Thanks given by:
Demon tweaks are stupidly priced with their parts, i have bought from them, found that their adapters were crap, so they were sent back.
Going to be fun to see this car get the throttle boddies,
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 01:14 PM)Grant Wrote: That's good of Niall. Guess you don't need my help anymore then.

:p

haha and you too man. Just ive been talking to Niall specifically about heads and not yourself. You do realise youve just given me the go ahead to pester you more Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Please do. Will take some of the hassle way from me Big Grin (I joke)

Look forward to getting all this done! Although i have a feeling that by the time show season comes around, I'm going to bloody hate working on cars.

Oh and seeing as I'm doing this for you, you will be my bitch for quite a while.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
lol I'm gonna be changing engines in my sleep at this rate.

Was looking through the pugfest thread earlier. Can't bloody wait till show season!!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Hopefully it will all pay off and itll be awesome! Plenty of passenger rides at pugfest Big Grin Maybe some track time at FCS!
Thanks given by:
Sexy....
JP
Thanks given by:
1.8 Powwweeerrrrr. Cant wait to do this and sound more awesome and possibly even more tractor like! Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFzwYtyaMLo
Thanks given by:
Jesus Christ. I almost had a day where I didnt spend money on the car! D: Had to quickly correct that so just solved the problem of lift up reverse!

So what I have here is a Shimano Model BL-IM60 which is highly regarded in the world of pedal people. Its compatible which most types of cable operated brakes. (They must mean gear cables.) And it has reach and cable adjusters which im sure will be just what I need for a decent road going... car.

[Image: T2eC16RyEE9s5jFRYjBR3HrNYew60_121_zps24df05a6.jpg]

Also its the left hand version which is obviously the correct one as I use my left hand to change gear. Would have been terrible mistake if I had bought a right hand one because id have to reach across every time i wanted to reverse! Also the branding is viewable by the driver which is very important.

Many people actually think that these add up to 5hp which is a lie. It genuinely adds 10 torques though.
Thanks given by:
So where are you going mount this?
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 11:06 PM)Craigus Wrote: So where are you going mount this?

onto the stupidly short gearstick Ive got. Will need some kind of ring adaptor in order to pack it out as the brake lever needs 22mm handle bars.
Thanks given by:
What's the standard power of the 1.8 then mate?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 11:20 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: What's the standard power of the 1.8 then mate?

110hp According to Wikipedia. When mine was standard (with decat) it put out 108hp on a rolling road so I am lead to believe that 110hp is correct. Many people say they put out more as standard. With a gti6 inlet manifold, service, decat and induction kit it managed 123hp. I am hoping that with throttlebodies, standalone management, gti6 exhaust manifold, service and lots of other mods it will be around gti6 territory.
Thanks given by:
Who did the head come from? I've done a few and known quite a few to have said things have come from me when they haven;t
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2014, 04:03 PM)7057sam Wrote: Get a quote from anyvan.com to get flatbedded across shouldn't be more that 40 pounds saves alot of hassle.

Be interest to see the result, you thinking of getting a exhaust made up to suit the bodies ?

I quoted with these last night to move one of my cars 60 miles. I do the 60 miles everyday so am well aware of the fuel costs, and these guys were coming out with 80 quid minimum!
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Some interesting stuff going on in here! Will keep an eye on it.

Oh, and by the way:

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=2602]

Wink
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 02:03 AM)miles Wrote: Who did the head come from? I've done a few and known quite a few to have said things have come from me when they haven;t

Paul_13
Thanks given by:
So today I made a start on my gti6 head. Spoke to miles and it has been rebuilt by him at some point. I was told there weren't lifters in the head but after taking it apart it seems there are lifts in there.

[Image: IMG_20140126_161920_zps14dz8e0k.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140126_173023_zpskovonfzc.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140126_173036_zpsnnuwpkjg.jpg]

So after checking all those bits I decided to get handy with the paint.

[Image: IMG_20140126_224002_zpsoxuqyss0.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140126_224010_zpsulxfdrep.jpg]

And that's how I left it today. A few more bits to paint and a cam cover. Think it's coming along well! Gearbox is filthy so I need to get some gunk and an pressure washer to clean it. No way I'm going to attempt that by hand.

[Image: IMG_20140126_161902_zpsatqrbzkt.jpg]

Tomorrow I'll have to go and buy some more engine degreaser and halfords cheapest pressure washer!
Thanks given by:
Am I right in saying your down south mate?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Comming on nicely mate

I used gunk decrease on mine, worked brilliantly Big Grin

I just painted the degreaser on waited 10mins then hosed off.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2014, 12:18 AM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: Am I right in saying your down south mate?

So my parents live in Ipswich and I live on north woolich. It means i to most of my car work at home.

(27-01-2014, 12:27 AM)7057sam Wrote: Comming on nicely mate

I used gunk decrease on mine, worked brilliantly Big Grin

I just painted the degreaser on waited 10mins then hosed off.

Where did you get gunk from? Couldn't find it in halfrauds!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 238,431 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 6,307 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 14,153 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore