SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
Some of you may have noticed that I am selling the 1.4. So here is its replacement! :o Its a late 2000 306 1.8 bought from 'iamsilverfox' for £900 with 96K on the clock. Big Grin

[Image: jEsHk1nmOBWL3.jpg]

[Image: j5DVZaNKBAey2.jpg]

[Image: jCsrALisMQM7U.jpg]

[Image: jn4W0onumG5qB.jpg]

[Image: jSGrvYnRLTvwc.jpg]

Current Modifications:

[COLOR="red"]Exterior:[/COLOR]

De-Badged
Smooth Boot
Black Side Indicators
Shadow Chrome Cyclones
Aero Wipers
Black Masked Headlights
Xsara Mist Jets
Wind Deflectors
GTI6 Splitter
GTI Boot Trim

Interior

Leaf Pattern Half Leathers
Grab Handles (Painted Ford Sea Grey)
Smooth Dash (Painted Ford Sea Grey)
Grey Clock
Black Roof Lining
Stickerbombed Sun Visors
Converted Electric Rear Windows
Removed top brake light

ICE:

Kenwood USB Head Unit
Soundstream Components

Engine:

De-cat
Induction Kit

Brakes & Suspension

40mm Lowering on the front with GAZ springs and shocks & 50mm on the Back
OMP Upper Strut Brace
OMP Lower Strut Brace

Misc:

Fogs on High mod
Pressed Plates

Planned Modifications:

Install my FLI Comp6 Components
Sticker and trim underside of bonnet
Colour Code & Clean Engine bay
Retrim window vinyl
GTI6 Intake Conversion
6 Spoiler (maybe)
Smooth Bonnet (Welded but needs painting)
Refurb Cyclones
Stickers in boot window

Any thoughts or ideas let me know!

Cheers
Sam
Thanks given by:
ok havent updated this for a long time because I have been at uni so havent had the chance to do anything!

First day of being home i took the sportex off the 1.4 and refitted the stock crooked backbox. And then i took the stock exhaust off the 1.8 and put the sportex on... its very noisy and im sure the original one will be going back on soon. Also it the hangars are in the wrong place. The passenger side one fits perfectly but the one on the drivers side is about 3 inches out so currently Ive fitted two of those rubber hangars and tied the two together! Pikey I know...

Next on the list was to take out the passenger seat and fit the audio cable for the sub. Good to see that the cables were already soldered together to stop the airbag light flashing! Got that in no probs and the power and remote cables were already fitted down the right side of the car. Very odd how they were fitted but the audio cable wasnt. I presume the previous owner must have used a high level input from the rear speakers :/ I then messed around with using the soundstream components in the rear being powered by the amp but they still were rubbish and no better than the stock rear speakers.

Next job was to replace the front passenger door card as it was scratched to hell and swap out the soundstream components for my FLI Components...

started with this... you can see that some of the fittings in the top left of the door are sprayed red so i reckon the door must have had some work done up there for some reason :/ Also in the bottom of the door was some rivets for the electric windows. Dont know weather lazy french workers leaving them in or maybe its a replacement door that was converted to electric :/ Good thing is that its already sound proofed with some dynamat!

[Image: IMG_20111220_143026.jpg]

tried putting the splitter at the bottom cabletied to the sound proofing but of course it wouldnt fit on because of the door card pocket! (temporarily forgotten the name)...

[Image: IMG_20111220_133936.jpg]

finally had the brain wave to cable tie it to the inside of the sound proofing and finished with this...

[Image: IMG_20111220_140626.jpg]

the difference is amazing and im really very happy with the sound its producing! You can really hear the trebble coming from the tweeters and everything is really clear and I can use bass boost to deafen myself if needed! :p The silver tweeter surrounds stand out a bit too much with my grey interior theme going on so i may spray them with sea grey to match.

The amount of gaffatape holding on the original sound deadening is a bit untidy so I reckon ill be buying some dynamat and replacing all of that in the near future! Next job is getting the 1.4 tax and tested but also im going to have an engine bay clean up and hopefully colourcode the battery box, ecu cover and fuse box! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
and not that anyone reads this thread at all but ive done a bit of paint work under the bonnet...

[Image: IMG_20111223_144637.jpg]

painted the battery retainer in sea grey...

and then painted the battery cover, ecu cover and fusebox cover in diablo...

[Image: IMG_20111223_150923.jpg]

which then reacted with the rain...

[Image: IMG_20111224_131236.jpg]

but i resprayed it today!

[Image: IMG_20111227_155005.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well today Tom came over which must be a new record! We swapped bonnets which took about 20 minutes but somehow one of my mist jets flew off when i removed it so we spent an hour looking for that and we never found it :/

Anyway we decided to test the age old theory that you can stand in the front of a 1.4 engine bay...

[Image: IMG_20120103_152840.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20120103_152920.jpg]

which you can! Big Grin

and a quick one with the hood off Big Grin

[Image: IMG_20120103_150015.jpg]

so now I have a straight bonnet with no dents. Trying to invoice the guy who jumped all over the old one for the cost of a replacement :/
Thanks given by:
OK peeps there was water marks on the inside of my black masks so i took them apart which was very easy considering they fell apart as soon as i removed them. I used a polishing cloth to get rid of the marks and then decided to tint the indicator lenses. At first they werent tinted enough and now they are tinted a bit more than I wanted but they still put out enough light when I tested them...

[Image: IMG_20120104_144933.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20120104_145640.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20120104_140637.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20120104_153507.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20120104_155224.jpg]

I used silicon to put them back together but it doesnt hold them together very strongly :/ Hopefully it will be waterproof enough to stop water getting in again :/
Thanks given by:
The 1.4 engine bay standing up photo is brilliant Big Grin
Thanks given by:
A few pictures from todays meet Big Grin Ive tinted the black section of the back lights which I dont like... and ive tinted the front indicator lense which I dont like :/ Almost everything I do to the car just makes it worse imo :/ Hopefully gti6 intake and exhaust manifold will set me back on track!

[Image: IMG_9192.jpg]
[Image: IMG_9165.jpg]
[Image: IMG_9122.jpg]
[Image: IMG_9120.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Get that spoiler on it Sam! :p
Thanks given by:
If this had a Dturbo spoiler it would be perfection!
Looks absolutley suberb mate!
Thanks given by:
I reckon ill fit the 6 intake and exhaust manifold... and then maybe back to stock with crystals, clear fogs, silver clones etc...
Thanks given by:
It looks so tidy mate! Great buy there! I have always fancied a 1.8. Definitely clear crystals and indicators, keep the clones that you have though!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:It looks so tidy mate! Great buy there! I have always fancied a 1.8. Definitely clear crystals and indicators, keep the clones that you have though!

maybe if you never get round to selling your wheels... Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Should be sold next month! Had offers now!
Thanks given by:
ok people hasnt really been any updates on this since I went back to university. However I was home this weekend so Declan came over today. It was raining and work hadnt paid him so we left the front bumper on the 1.4 for now but he will be taking that when money comes through.

The deal was to swap my black halos for his morettes so we removed them from Decs car and put the black halos on his car. Quick bulb check and all of them were good apart from a high beam. Apologies for that Dec but its just another reason you should get HIDs Big Grin

We also had a rummage through the 1.4 and found a pair of tinted indicators to replace the orange ones. A gti boot trim which i fitted quickly too!

Next up was a quick spin in the 1.8 which involed a quick spin on the private run way with the needle hitting 120. Next was a spin in decs car.... you diesel boys have no idea how jealous i am of your boost and boost gauges! That clocked in at about 100 iirc but stopped there because of some massive wheel wobble!

I also noticed Decs clock was screwed so we got that out and i went and found a P3 one and we had that fitted in minutes.

As part of the deal for the bumper and morettes Dec gave me his bra... I spent 10 minutes using leather conditioner on it... even though its probably not leather it still brought out the black and made it softer. I then used lots of upholstery cleaner on the inside just to bring the grey inside back to white!

anyway here it is on the car. Taken if off straight after as it wasnt completely dry.

[Image: IMG_20120129_163928.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20120129_163854.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20120129_163905.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20120129_163913.jpg]

little mark in that last picture but ill see if i can get it out somehow Big Grin I have a feeling the bra is actually very old as the elastic is no longer elastic and the labels are pretty worn but it still serves its purpose!

yep so bras for tits right? true... but the reason i got it was for the 260 mile drive to uni in liverpool and back every couple of weeks. Should stop a few stone chips anyway!

Ill have a play with the Morettes. Not sure i will like them once they are fitted but itll be something to have a play with so im happy Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Sam that bra actually doesn't look 'too' bad on your car lol, but obviously its just for the stone chips. Wink

Foxy-jim Wrote:It looks so tidy mate! Great buy there! I have always fancied a 1.8. Definitely clear crystals and indicators, keep the clones that you have though!

Make sure you can afford it if you do decide to get one....don't make the same mistake I did lol. Doh
Thanks given by:
Tom the 1.8 is thirsty but its not that bad running cost

Also sam i like the bra tbh on this one and you say you lost one mist jet?
I have a spare one if you wanty?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The bra is ok.

I won't be selling mine for a while. Spent too much!
Thanks given by:
PMd 4waydiablo

yeh it dont think it looks too bad either. its a bit odd how it fits like... if i try to get the stitching line at the end of the bonnet then it ends up half way down the badge. Anyway purely functional isnt it Wink
Thanks given by:
Also in the next two days i am planning on fitting the tow bar and ill test out the morettes. Plan for those is to spray them up diablo and see if i can put an induction trumpet in one of the inner lamps Smile
Thanks given by:
A tow bar...
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:A tow bar...

yeh... ive got a few boats i need to get around the country for events. I had one on the 1.4 so ive got to take that of and fit it. Ive noticed that the ball section is attached with 4 bolts so i should be able to make it less obvious for shows etc Smile
Thanks given by:
Fair enough. I shall let you off!
Thanks given by:
Phil I was doing like 50m quid to 300 miles in my 1.8 lol....not to mention the 200 quid tax!

Also, Sam are you at home atm then?
Thanks given by:
yep i am at home atm. Ill be putting the tow bar on tomorrow if the weather is good so if i get stuck ill get you to come over and help lol i know you did yours! i get like 250 on 50 quid. must be the way i drive Big Grin
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:yep i am at home atm. Ill be putting the tow bar on tomorrow if the weather is good so if i get stuck ill get you to come over and help lol i know you did yours! i get like 250 on 50 quid. must be the way i drive Big Grin

Cool. Smile. Would like a ride in the. 1.8 if the weather's good. Wink

Oh and don't forget price of petrol has gone up since I had my one lol.
Thanks given by:
Right RR day in leeds tomorrow so i was feeling bad that she was so dirty so i went and got her cleaned... so went from this...

[Image: IMG_20120203_152018.jpg]

to this...

[Image: IMG_20120203_163938.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20120203_163538.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20120203_163949.jpg]

Going to have to get her on the rollers tomorrow now arent I!

shiny car is shiny. Every time it gets cleaned i cant stop thinking what an odd colour the wheels are!

also my room is a bit messy...

[Image: IMG_20120202_201331.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I get the 290 miles home on 50 quid at 75-80mph average

I dont even pay attention rest of the time otherwise i'd end up buying a Gti-6
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
Haha looks good! Thats a tidy room isnt it???
Thanks given by:
INXS Wrote:I get the 290 miles home on 50 quid at 75-80mph average

I dont even pay attention rest of the time otherwise i'd end up buying a Gti-6

I found a abandoned runway on the way so stopped off there and managed to get 130 on the dials and 125 on the satnav. That probably used a lot of fuel!

Foxy-jim Wrote:Haha looks good! Thats a tidy room isnt it???

Its not tidy... but it is the norm! haha
Thanks given by:
It is! My housemate got 0/10 last year for his room tidyness!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 220,491 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,720 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 13,203 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore