SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
(12-07-2012, 06:45 PM)Scott Wrote: I was wondering how you managed to do that to the bumper!! Must have been pretty pissed lol

Interesting with the yellow tinted fogs by the way, looks different! Smile

Different, or the same as mine? ninja
Thanks given by:
ORLY? ninja

I meant yellow tints on a diablo Wink
Thanks given by:
its amazing how so many cars came out of the factory looking pretty similar isnt it! Yeh ive got mixed comments about the fog lights some people like them and say they are very french where as a few people hate them! D;
Thanks given by:
made a start with the sound deadening. Just the boot for now and i reckon i can fit another layer in too!

[Image: IMG_20120717_204530.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20120717_210543.jpg]

so ive got sounded deadening to do and also im going to spray the cluster surround, speedo surround and the centre dash diablo red! Maybe some of the door handle surrounds too! Speedboat has priority atm! Ive been thinking that there isnt really too much to do apart from a gti6 gearbox and gti6 exhaust manifold. Then maybe one of the first supercharged 1.8s but i think that would be once ive got a job after uni!
Thanks given by:
right.... not much has happened... its a constant battle to keep the front bumper on! Cable ties are so far holding the passenger side arch liners in so i definitely need to fix that at some point! Just hit 110k so thats 14k in under a year Sad

Clutch pedal seems a lot higher than before after i found a tunnel and got a little bit excited. Rear seats are back in now as it was becoming a shed. Back of the drivers seat is a bit ripped. I need to sort the exhaust out. Maybe ill get a proper sportex straight through pipe to stop the blowing at both ends of the middle section. Also itll look a lot better when somebody looks under the car and find all of the exhaust bandages.

Ive got a few plans with regards to LED lights and ive got to respray the centre console and speedo surround. Also got a new gear gaiter and hand brake gaiter to go on! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I'll tell you now, cable ties and arch liners are a no.
I put my foot down in the 6 and mine tore out and flew away from me.
Clearly couldn't handle all 160 horses
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2012, 05:18 PM)vlj Wrote: I'll tell you now, cable ties and arch liners are a no.
I put my foot down in the 6 and mine tore out and flew away from me.
Clearly couldn't handle all 160 horses

these are super strong cable ties which we used to hold down Harry Storeys gti6 205. Admitedly its a very temporary fix which seems to have gone long term as my jack and stands are currently holding up the estate Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Bout time you got that bloody estate sorted then..... Tongue
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2012, 09:20 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Bout time you got that bloody estate sorted then..... Tongue

sure is!

Summer work has died down so ive got plenty of time to fix up the car and work on the estate. Hopefully this week Ill retrim the B Pillars, respray the dash/console plastics, finish painting the brakes, do some more sound deadening etc Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Bwarp! Big Grin. Sam and I swapped the holey decat for a proper one today. Sounds much better, deeper and cleaner than the tractory note before.

Thanks given by:
Funny looking decat... Looks more like a decentrebox
Thanks given by:
Hahaha was about to say the same thing. Weird decat lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Same difference haha, I knew what I meant. Tongue
Thanks given by:
yeh decentre box ftw. its not as noisy as before seeing as it doesnt have 2p sized holes. So yeh basically tom fitted this for me. I checked the bolts Wink and... i sprayed the interior plastics up and tried to fix my fogs on high mod but havent got round to that yet as the previous owner used shitty clips instead of soldering so it looks like the car has been stolen and hot wired. ill get this fixed soon.

In other news im back at uni in liverpool so i guess ill get the car cleaned and as im not driving offroad down country roads it should stay relatively clean! Pictures soon but my phone got robbed so im picking a new one up tomorrow. f*cking twat was talking to me for an hour about the car and then fecking robbed me! D:
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2012, 12:44 AM)SRowell Wrote: f*cking twat was talking to me for an hour about the car and then fecking robbed me! D:

Can I take a bet that it wasnt when you were in Suffolk? lol
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2012, 06:52 AM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(20-09-2012, 12:44 AM)SRowell Wrote: f*cking twat was talking to me for an hour about the car and then fecking robbed me! D:

Can I take a bet that it wasnt when you were in Suffolk? lol

yeh it was at Hilton Park services D: Never going there ever again! Right things are painted but I havent got any photos so ill have to get some and post them up tomorrow!
Thanks given by:
Right finally got photobucket installed on my phone so yep heres the new sprayed dash with some stickers Smile

[Image: IMG_20120928_123846.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20120928_123837.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20120928_123852.jpg]

And then today I went and saw Mooey65 who sold me a bonnet bra for £25. My previous bonnet bra was missing loads of straps and didnt stay on most of the time. its not for looks it genuinely is for the 260 mile drive from liverpool to ipswich. Well... if i remember to put it on that is!
Thanks given by:
Are the GTI6 brakes and manifold good upgrades to do?

I've got the 3 door 1.8 XS model, would the GTI6 brakes make a difference on it? And I've heard some people have a lot of running issues when fitting a GTI6 manifold?
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Where do I get myself one of those Pedobear stickers??! Smile
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 06:32 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Bwarp! Big Grin. Sam and I swapped the holey decat for a proper one today. Sounds much better, deeper and cleaner than the tractory note before.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2547]

You got a sound clip of this fitted? Tempted to fit one to my 6 after my mate put one on his rs197 but no idea what it would sound like on a pug!
Thanks given by:
I've got that centre pipe on my 6' along with the sportex backbox and a decat and it sounds epic
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 08:35 PM)MiiTCH Wrote: Are the GTI6 brakes and manifold good upgrades to do?

I've got the 3 door 1.8 XS model, would the GTI6 brakes make a difference on it? And I've heard some people have a lot of running issues when fitting a GTI6 manifold?

Yeh they were a good upgrade and really fill out the space in the cyclones! Definitely get braided brake lines at the same time! The inlet manifold makes it sound amazing and fills out the engine bay too. Its an alright mod if you can pick one up cheap but i did have a constant problem with petrol leaks from the fuel lines. If id spent some decent money on clips it wouldnt have been a problem though!

(13-02-2013, 06:17 PM)pugolliek Wrote: Where do I get myself one of those Pedobear stickers??! Smile

ebay!

(13-02-2013, 06:34 PM)TomLum Wrote: You got a sound clip of this fitted? Tempted to fit one to my 6 after my mate put one on his rs197 but no idea what it would sound like on a pug!

Ill try to remember to get one!

Car is currently for sale and in storage. Back to standard bar the lowering and the manifold!
Thanks given by:
Still sitting at my grans! Hopefully I will be getting it MOTd and taxed and then it will be for sale!
Thanks given by:
The car passed its MOT today with 6 advisories. Now that the estate is back off the road the 1.8 is now my run around. Drivers footwell is flooded so I presume the heater matrix is leaking everywhere D:
Thanks given by:
Heater matrix arrived! Hope to get it fitted this saturday. Then the sportex centre section will be back on! Cyclones back on and audio and buckets back in Big Grin
Thanks given by:
RIght somehow I never got round to doing the heater matrix today. I was trying to make the car driveable by putting bigger wheels on. Put the orguans on and they were scrubbing the rear arch lines... so those came off.

Then I made the decision to fit my fondmetal 3000s. Certain im running the wrong bolts for them which is incredibly annoying. need to try and find some in the next few days. Anyway went for a test drive to make sure they were fitting properly. Bit of scrubbing over bumps so out came the mallet just to roll the arches a little. Will need to get it done properly soon. Anyway... heres how the car stands now. Lowered perfectly Id say!

before...

[Image: IMG_20131116_145155_zpse89ca7e9.jpg]

after!!!

[Image: IMG_20131116_173204_zps14ab1f82.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20131116_173154_zpscb679547.jpg]

Car needs a clean but I have more pressing matters such as this...

[Image: IMG_20131116_121638_zps4c9c267e.jpg]

The puddle is now twice as big and I havent been able to do anything with it! D: Job will start on the heater matrix tomorrow! Hope it goes well as I have to drive to London in the afternoon!

Tbh Im not sad to see the estate being left at home. The noise of the 1.8 is awesome and its definitely faster. Im driving a bit less at the moment but that could all change when a job turns up. I could be in a gti6 right now but Im thinking I may get a 6 box and fit that. I already have a 6 exhaust manifold to go on!
Thanks given by:
Wow. I love those wheels....
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2013, 08:45 PM)Lego Jon Wrote: Wow. I love those wheels....

I was unsure when I held them up to the estate but i think they look great on this! They look awesome but I cant fit gti6 brakes under them so Ill have to invest in decent pads and discs for the current setup!
Thanks given by:
I would start on the matrix now if you havent done one before and want to use it tomorrow...

Actually looks sweet on those wheels!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I'd have em off ang get my mate to respray them lime green. :-)
They'd look awesome on a white estate
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 229,169 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,977 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 13,774 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore