Londondan's Black Supercharged XUD New Video Inside!! :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Londondan's Black Supercharged XUD New Video Inside!! :D
TD05 iirc ?
Thanks given by:
Any updates on this?
Thanks given by:
Updates should start to flow again on this again soon. Car is now at home running, brembos are on but the bloody master cylinder has decided to let go!!
I'm hoping it will be at fcs this year along with another little french project I have going too ninja
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
jesus, i am looking at this and all of my thoughts about sticking a bigger turbo on my XUD in the vitara, went right out the window.. i now want an eaton on mine.. that sound.....
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
About time I updated this!!! The car is now back on the road and has been for a few weeks now.

Had a bloody nightmare with fitting the brembo's (read fail) but they are now on and working well, squeal a little as I pull up to a set of lights but I can live with that for now.

Had about a week of blowing boost hoses off but now seems to hold fine, even when pinning the 30psi gauge (post charger)

Engine does seem to get hot after any prolonged boost but soon drops off again so all good! And it holds water without using it! Big Grin This car seriously shifts, whisp of coal and its gone!!

Bloody rev counter still doesnt work which is pissing me right off, must be a break in the loom somewhere as I've had 2 different engines and 2 different sets of clocks. I'm hoping its on the engine loom which will make an easy(ish) swap. How do these work on the 306, is there a constant voltage that drops to 0v when it picks up from the fly???

Bodywork is desperately in need of attention, the bonnet has peeled paint everywhere, there are dents in both doors, etc. I think I may end up respraying her over the winter - or reshell if I can find a decent black P3....

The fuel system is drawing air in over night too which is a bit of a PITA but should be easily sorted, I will probably sack off the stock filter for inline like before. Anyone used this type: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-10MM...53ff419aa9

I will try and get some videos on the go soon as well, new phone has meant that my dash mount no longer fits Sad

[attachment=16871]

[attachment=16872]

[attachment=16873]

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Nice to hear it's running reasonably well again dude, how close are the brembos to the wheels at the moment? Looks insanely close in the picture haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
That fuel filter is a little small bud.

I tend to stick to the Audi TT inline filter. Much larger , never had problems with then

Car looking real smart though! Good work!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
There is about 2mm clearence with the brakes on the wheels and thats running about 18mm in spacers!!! lol

Yea, had a TT one on last time, just didnt look that good in the engine bay. Hmmm..

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Glad to see this is all back together and running Smile
Thanks given by:
Can we have some engine bay pics pwease.

Pleased for you this is back running again.
Thanks given by:
That ebay filter is crap. Small and not neally decent enough micron.
Go for a nice truck filter setup. Can get 10mm banjos and a decent flow and look good Smile

Great to hear its all running again Smile

Which rev counter pickup are you using?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2014, 06:17 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Can we have some engine bay pics pwease.

Pleased for you this is back running again.

I'll post some up tomorrow, on a crap 3g(ish) connection at the moment Smile

(18-06-2014, 06:22 PM)Piggy Wrote: That ebay filter is crap. Small and not neally decent enough micron.
Go for a nice truck filter setup. Can get 10mm banjos and a decent flow and look good Smile

Great to hear its all running again Smile

Which rev counter pickup are you using?

Cheers buddy! I'll leave that filter then, what you using at the moment? Any links?
Rev counter is all stock xud, pickup on the fly, etc. Going to try another loom when I get the chance.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
ah right.

I tried a HDi pickup at top and it didnt wana know. Had to use XUD one at the rear.

Just found a truck filter housing on ebay....think a second one I got for spares was from a truck at scrapyard. then ordered 10mm banjo fittings Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yea HDi has different pick-up positions iirc and also there is an ecu to translate a signal. May search the bay then for a truck filter, just would like it to look half decent too!!

Hmm, may strip down the standard system and rebuild it to clear the air leaks.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Engine bay pic as promised! Needs more shiney things! lol!

[attachment=16979]

Current gauge layout. I will be getting a dual pillar pod for the 2 boost gauges and having oil temp, oil pressure and egt in the middle. Money just a bit tight at the mo Sad

Stereo has been sacked off entirely now as it can't be heard anyway! lol

[attachment=16980]

Also noticed today that she has developed a bit of an oil leak, seems to be coming from the sandwhich plate. I'll have a look at the weekend.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
This going to be at pugfest? I had an oil leak develop on my old engine that was coming from the sandwich plate. It was like the O rings on the plate had gone flat. It only started once the car was parked up and moved every now and again. I fitted a new 1 to my current engine but I expect it would of been fine with some sealant
Thanks given by:
Unlikely to be at pugfest mate, just moved house so bloody skint Sad I'll be at forge though in August (assuming the club is going)

Exactly that with the sandwich plate, not lost much as its not moved on the dipstick but whenever it is parked up I end up with a couple of drips worth!! I may see if i can get another 1/4 turn on it now its all settled a bit!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
What have you got on the sandwich plate? Sensors or an oil cooler?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2014, 10:11 PM)Niall Wrote: What have you got on the sandwich plate? Sensors or an oil cooler?

Just sensors for now mate. I will be looking for a thermostatic plate for a cooler but not yet.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2014, 10:05 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Unlikely to be at pugfest mate, just moved house so bloody skint Sad I'll be at forge though in August (assuming the club is going)

Exactly that with the sandwich plate, not lost much as its not moved on the dipstick but whenever it is parked up I end up with a couple of drips worth!! I may see if i can get another 1/4 turn on it now its all settled a bit!

Ah cool. I would prob pop the sandwich plate off and have a look at the O rings
Thanks given by:
So glad fella this is now running Smile. I bet this has out a smile on your face Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2014, 06:27 AM)Frosty Wrote:
(19-06-2014, 10:05 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Unlikely to be at pugfest mate, just moved house so bloody skint Sad I'll be at forge though in August (assuming the club is going)

Ah cool. I would prob pop the sandwich plate off and have a look at the O rings
Yea going to see how well it seals after a nip up, if it's still leaking I'll be taking it off and resetting it.

(20-06-2014, 07:45 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: So glad fella this is now running Smile. I bet this has out a smile on your face Wink
Oh yes! Wink

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Sure it does lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Great work mate, just had a quick skim through the last few pages.

Sorry if its been mentioned already, but what sort of power/torque figures are you expecting from a setup like this? Be very interested to see a dyno graph if/when you get one Smile

Also saw something about oil leak from the sandwich plate area. Feel your pain there, has similar issues myself at the minute! argh!
Chris
1999 China GTi6 Supercharged track car
2000 Bianca LX non turbo slowness

Team: I hate Sam Rowell's stanceboard!
Thanks given by:
I came across this beast on my way to work in Wrexham last week. I copped the FMIC then heard that unmistakable supercharger whine. Nice work londondan86.
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2014, 12:17 PM)PartyJas Wrote: I came across this beast on my way to work in Wrexham last week. I copped the FMIC then heard that unmistakable supercharger whine. Nice work londondan86.

Cheers bud!! Whereabouts? Next time give me a beep and thumbs up Smile

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2014, 05:54 PM)londondan86 Wrote:
(01-07-2014, 12:17 PM)PartyJas Wrote: I came across this beast on my way to work in Wrexham last week. I copped the FMIC then heard that unmistakable supercharger whine. Nice work londondan86.

You were behind be coming onto the Gresford roundabout and followed me down the Borras bypass and all the way into the industrial estate. I was in a Red Phase 1. It was your sticker in the window that got me signed up to this forum. I wanted to know what the hell you had under the bonnet lmao
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2014, 09:35 AM)PartyJas Wrote:
(01-07-2014, 05:54 PM)londondan86 Wrote:

You were behind be coming onto the Gresford roundabout and followed me down the Borras bypass and all the way into the industrial estate. I was in a Red Phase 1. It was your sticker in the window that got me signed up to this forum. I wanted to know what the hell you had under the bonnet lmao

Ahhh!! Yep I remember, nice little cherry p1. I got wedged in and you disappeared Big Grin

Glad the sticker had the desired effect! Welcome to the club pal! Get a project thread up yourself, a lot of the lads on here go mad for a nice p1 Smile

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Yeah i was late for work and had a bit of a rush on. You getting wedged in is the only way I could ever leave you behind lol. My car is totally standard at the mo. Got a Bosch on the way though then I begin my journey into the world of diesel tuning. Would you be up for meeting up at some point so I can have a drool over your twincharged beastie.?
Thanks given by:
Haha!! Once you get into the derv tuning game you will be in it for good!!
Happy to meet up at some point pal.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Londondan's HDi Cabby Project londondan86 11 7,331 07-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Last Post: insomaniac45
  Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside) Carlos182 122 41,425 26-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Carlos182
  Londondan's Smoothed Stage 2 HDi Estate 152bhp RR Vid inside! londondan86 50 29,364 23-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Last Post: RJDubya