Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
Pretty easy, three screws and a load of glue. You'll need a glue gun to put it back together though
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty pimpin ha ha plenty o room in the back for the ho's love it!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You bastard! I was going to do my door cards. Lol mine are going grey. Got some suede same colour as the seats. Did you remove the old material?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Those new pictures you hav look sweet mate! Where did you get the material from and how much did you buy?
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Niall nah just glued onto the old material, the material I used is quite thin so the old stuff cushions it nicely.

Jim I got the material off eBay mate, search for faux suede and there's a few come up. The stuff's not the stretchiest though so was hard work around some contours, lots of repositioning!

Anyway, more stuff for the estate has arrived but still no engine Sad

Plasma dials have arrived, they look exactly the same as everyone else's though so I won't bore you with pictures. Am waiting on more red suede stuff too to do the rear door cards.

My backbox arrived though. The wrong one, but it arrived. I was after this:

[Image: %24(KGrHqVHJBcE8e9oS1nzBPNp2j8Lg!~~60_1.JPG]

Cheap and cheerful and looks better than the 2" rusty scaffolding pipe currently fitted. However, a different box turned up lmao

[Image: %24(KGrHqNHJBUE8e7z,CI+BPNo6tmVM!~~60_1.JPG]

I actually quite like it though, it measures roughly 5.5" by 3", but the actual exit of the exhaust is only 2.75" or so. Quick 'shop of one fitted for you, along with some other tweaks...

[Image: DSCF1524copy.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Did you have the leaf pattern cards? Mine are a textured black so not sure I can get away with gluing straight onto it. Will give it a go.
Sorry about the packaging on the dials! Haha
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Could have shopped the oily finger prints off the boot while you were at it lol

I quite like it though ninja
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Oh shush mark, i'm just in from a 13 hour shift, think am putting that much effort in? lmao
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Oh shush mark, i'm just in from a 13 hour shift, think am putting that much effort in? lmao

lol fair play, just felt that you had put so much effort into the rest of the pic and yet totally overlooked that!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
that exhaust looks better than the twin pipes imo..

works well with the shape of the rear end and euro style.. good effort
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Didn't know that Ruan! Didn't know the old plates were regional?

Definitely are! AF, GL, RL are Cornwall plates, possibly others too...

The new style plates are yeah, which are WL and WK.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Get that box centre mounted, think it would look weird having something like that off to one side
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Don't listen to Connor, he talks funny

Loving this, that interior looks epic! May have inspired me to do something S3-esque in the Audi now, off to fleaBay. Like that exhaust too actually, and I don't usually like them.

Keep up the good work man, will be following closely Smile
Thanks given by:
The exhaust actually looks pretty good. This will be epic!
Thanks given by:
Ew.

Twin pipes ftw.
Thanks given by:
i like that one, could sit very well in an extended cut out
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Twin pipes for sure, will pop up a pic later of mine when I had the twin on it.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Whew, getting there eventually!

Cut the exhaust pipe and sleeved the back box on so I could start chopping things and making them nice before I remove the rear bumper and paint it. Pokes out a bit further than I want as i've not put it together properly, just wanted to get the shape for the exhaust cutout. I think I like it though Smile

Got the front suspension built up too, brand spanking new coilovers, top mounts, bearings, track rod ends and ball joints. Oh yes. Need to paint the calipers, don't know what colour yet, and I painted the hubs hammerite gold to smarten them up a bit. The coilies are wound all the way down at the minute but bear in mind there's no engine, the helpers aren't fully compressed so there's a bit more to go yet. Rear desperately needs to go down but it's still got Gav's old beam fitted, yet to fit the refurbished GTi beam. So instead the boot's full of stuff, heavy stuff, to bring it down a bit lmao

Anyway here's some pictures again. I like pictures. You may note that there's a white ph3 bumper on there now too. The grille's not staying white, wanting to remove it and paint it matt black but cba masking it off so painted the whole thing for now lmao Will see how the FMIC fits when I do it next month before cutting/painting it. Also have a Megane Coupé splitter to fit, perfect length for the ph3 bumper without cutting and is slightly shallower than the more common Laguna splitters.

[Image: DSCF1532.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1533.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1535.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1536.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1538.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1539.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1541.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1543.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1547.jpg]

Last couple with the pressed plates on, wanting to get some French number plate surrounds though. Next month maybe.

[Image: DSCF1549.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1550.jpg]

Also broke out stage 3 of the paintwork deep clean, using Farecla's G3 paint restoration products. Already done the detox shampoo and clay bar, now it's the scratch restorer's turn. I'll let the pics do the talking.

[Image: DSCF1551.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1552.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1553.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1554.jpg]

Bo.
Thanks given by:
Looking good nice work with the body work.
Thanks given by:
Looking sweet buddy! Good to see it coming together, even if it is about 3 inches to high at the moment Tongue
Thanks given by:
Your not hanging about with this are you!? Looking real smart, kinda wish id got myself an estate now! lol

Really wish i had the time, money and knowledge to crack out a project as quick as you are. Keep it up, cant wait to see the finished product! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
shame about the yellow gti been stripped, are you going to use the plate off it too? also what happend to the front of the estate? id have been temped to phase1 it. keep up with the build!
Thanks given by:
looks cool mate im even starting to like those wheels lol but seriously good job
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:shame about the yellow gti been stripped, are you going to use the plate off it too? also what happend to the front of the estate? id have been temped to phase1 it. keep up with the build!

the plates being sold i think. the sigma/yellow/bloody gti6 is long gone. not even chuck norris could revive it
Thanks given by:
I kinda like the white grill actually :-) would look epic when its down
Flaring them arches slightly at all?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Was there anything else involved in that scratch removal? Or just rubbing some stuff on it? Could seriously use some of that on mine!
Thanks given by:
Looking f*cking awesome bro! Keep up te good work. Can't wait to see this now Big Grin
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Errrmmm excuse me... WHAT product did you use on those scratches!! i need that in my life!!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:Errrmmm excuse me... WHAT product did you use on those scratches!! i need that in my life!!

this!!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Look up the farecla g3 paint restoration kit, four stages and the whole lot comes to about £40, although I use a meguiars clay bar and my own polishes. The paint detox shampoo is great for loosening up road tar etc and stage 3, the scratch remover, is what I used in those pics, about £8 for the bottle at halfords.

Bear in mind this paint's a direct gloss, not a base/clear, so it cuts really easily. Not sure how it would be on a clear coat as they're usually harder than single stage.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,829 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707