SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
(15-03-2014, 12:01 AM)Piggy Wrote: Hmm....shiney things....

Is it not worth upsizing the fuel lines?

Not at this sort of power. Don't forget, its not like your derv where the fuel is sucked through (I'm assuming it was you who suffered from collapsing lines until you got bigger lines?). Fuel is pumped through so shouldn't be too much of an issue providing his fuel pump isn't faulty....like mine Sad
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Aw man, could have sorted you out with some fuel line for nothing as I never needed it in the end.

I had a suede wheel in the Mazda and it was fine even with daily use.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Wheel is working well so far. Just seen need for speed at the cinema and the car was awesome on the way home.

Unfortunately the crack in the back box... Has developed into what some people may call a rather large hole! Motorway driving is fairly unbearable but ragging it is good fun!
Thanks given by:
Nah, was dumdums 2.1 lash up with 6mm lines...
I want 10mm lines for more powerrrrrrr!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What you think of NFS ?better that fast 6

I guess that's all we have to forward to every year as fast and furious franchise is basically dead.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
fast 6 is in a different league. I've watched fast 6 several times but probably would only watch this once again. Several characters were extremely weak whilst the main guys were very strong characters.
Thanks given by:
Got most of the bits for this now. Just need to pay for my parts in the group buy Smile
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2014, 10:12 PM)SRowell Wrote: Got most of the bits for this now. Just need to pay for my parts in the group buy Smile

Put pictures up ffs haven't seen any shinies for a while lol

still thinking of caging it/getting a 3 door?
Thanks given by:
So gti6 head bolts turned up along with the new fuel lines and hose clamps.

[Image: IMG_20140321_214912_zpsjidne7sj.jpg]

ive been putting it through the car wash once a week and also unfortunately been pressure washing it which has taken off all the lacquer D: Still love the fitment of the rears.

[Image: IMG_20140322_125459_zpsaubueq12.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140322_125507_zpsbq6quvyv.jpg]

Unfortunately it was a bit noisy as everyone at Ace will know! I felt ill every time I drove it and felt sick at Ace. Preventitive measures had to be taken.

[Image: IMG_20140323_122257_zpsklv5udfn.jpg]

and this was the cause! So I had to fit a nice shiney new one!

[Image: IMG_20140324_173631_zpsinloownf.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140324_173624_zpsch7q6nl1.jpg]

This coming weekend the lightened fly wheel and 6 speed gear box will be going on. Doing this with Tom so should be awesome. Had a look at his hdi and love it. I also gave Tom head... to be skimmed and pressure tested. Weekend after next will hopefully see all the head work, itbs and ecu going on the car with Niall and Grant. Big Grin Then mapping I guess. Should probably book that!
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate can't wait for you to get this running bodies so we can get down Snetterton Big Grin

You not using your magnex?
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2014, 08:49 PM)7057sam Wrote: Looking good mate can't wait for you to get this running bodies so we can get down Snetterton Big Grin

You not using your magnex?

The magnex will only fit onto a gti6 cat. The 1.8 cat doesnt have the tube section to fit an aftermarket exhaust to!I went to fit it and then found out.

I cant wait to get out on the track. Itll be amazing.
Thanks given by:
Surely just cut, sleeve and two clamps??

That back box has to be properly restrictive?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2014, 09:47 PM)Piggy Wrote: Surely just cut, sleeve and two clamps??

That back box has to be properly restrictive?!

Yeh but I am always in a rush and I have a full magnex to go on in two weeks time!
Thanks given by:
This is getting close to being epic now. Wink
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2014, 10:38 PM)Toms306 Wrote: This is getting close to being epic now. Wink

Hopefully! I have just sent an email off to Track 'N' Road to try and book it in for the 7th of April. Hopefully they will have time to do it then. If not then we wont be able to fit the itbs and omex until a later date :/ Once they confirm then I can book a transporter to get the car across London!
Thanks given by:
My my my, what a big hole you have there
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2014, 05:18 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: My my my, what a big hole you have there

Sharp edges mate. Better be careful.
Thanks given by:
So Tom has been doing my shopping for me Tongue

Niall couldnt get his GTI6 clutch out of his old engine in time so had to buy a new one from ECP. We also have the fork bushes and fly wheel bolts. Most importantly a skimmed head which has been diamond cut. Hopefully its all within tolerance as they had to take the valves out to do it D:

[Image: 1975216_10201110556080965_563804428_n_zps35aa485d.jpg]
[Image: 1926870_835959176420833_1644180498_n_zps6147cbdf.jpg]
[Image: 1003398_835952276421523_1980141200_n_zpsa8a075c7.jpg]

This weekend should see the 6 speed box and lightened fly wheel fitted. Cant wait!
Thanks given by:
That head looks great Smile

So you just doing the box this weekend,be interesting to see how it drives after.
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 06:55 PM)7057sam Wrote: That head looks great Smile

So you just doing the box this weekend,be interesting to see how it drives after.

+1. Will be interesting to see how an Xu7 goes on a '6 box.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 06:55 PM)7057sam Wrote: So you just doing the box this weekend,be interesting to see how it drives after.

Yes, I don't do head.......work! Wink

Not sure if Sam has already asked this, but where does the reverse cable go through the bulkhead? Is there already a hole for it or will we have to drill one? I assume the hole is there on all 3 door models and just bunged, but thered be no need for one with the 5 door shells...hmm...

Also, if anyone needs a '6 clutch, Valeo's are just £103.20 on ECP today. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
That head is gleaming! Going to lap all the valves in i assume?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
The head was fully rebuilt with Miles with 16 new valves at the time when I had it. So hopefully the valves have been numbered up and you won't have to lap them in
Thanks given by:
Worried about that head if they skimmed it as much as tom said tbh!

Tom, I have a photo of where the cable goes through on my laptop from when my engine was out. It's a knock out you need to smash
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 09:32 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: The head was fully rebuilt with Miles with 16 new valves at the time when I had it. So hopefully the valves have been numbered up and you won't have to lap them in

They numbered the lifters so I assume they kept the valves with them. Smile

(28-03-2014, 09:37 PM)Niall Wrote: Worried about that head if they skimmed it as much as tom said tbh!

Tom, I have a photo of where the cable goes through on my laptop from when my engine was out. It's a knock out you need to smash

Well can someone tell me how to check the tolerance then lol.... lol I really can't imagine they'd take off more than they were comfortable taking off though. Was a bit shocked when I turned up to collect it and they said 'umm, as it was so bad I'm afraid the labour charges rose due to having to remove the valves'...not much I could do but pay up by that point though, I really hope its good! Undecided And I always thought you got a thicker headgasket to make up for the skim anyway?

And thats good to know, will you be able to get the pic before Sunday morning? Smile Would be handy to see...though I'm still not sure if they'd bother with it on the 5 door shells....
Thanks given by:
The machine shop dismantled the head and didnt put it back together? Lazy bastards.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 10:28 PM)Tom Wrote: The machine shop dismantled the head and didnt put it back together? Lazy bastards.

Yeah it's back together lol.

The first pic is obviously my boot. The next ones are from their FB page....

https://www.facebook.com/dandgengineering?fref=ts

It's the first one they've diamond cut with their brand new equipment apparently lol...
Thanks given by:
So in other words, they f*cked up with their new equipment, had a practice on this head, so it took ages, and consequentially charged you for it? lol

Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeah you would use a thicker HG but there is only so thick you can get. Search for cullys engine thread. He explains in there how to check deck height and what the tolerances are
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(29-03-2014, 08:42 AM)Niall Wrote: Yeah you would use a thicker HG but there is only so thick you can get. Search for cullys engine thread. He explains in there how to check deck height and what the tolerances are

heres the link but your clearances may be different as you are fitting to a 1.8 block
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-17479-po...#pid338416

peugeot do the 1.2mm MLS STD head gasket but dont do a 1.4mm repair as MLS you will have to use the fibre type from the XU10J4
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-17479-po...#pid348073
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 228,748 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,959 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 13,758 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore