White phase 1, now with added truck turbo and massive head gasket failure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White phase 1, now with added truck turbo and massive head gasket failure
I am pleased to announce that after many many days and hours of pratting about shes back!!!!!
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
YEAH!!!!!! good to hear mate!!!!
Thanks given by:
Proof that Ive actually fixed and driven it. Got pulled by the coppers 3 times tonight all because of noise haha
[Image: 1171_10152419976830472_1816772351_n_zps3b60848f.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
a few pics of what i did to get it road worthy again

bonnet brackets fabricated properly, pegs mounted with piece of garden hose to push against the bonnet to keep pins under tension/stop rattles

[Image: IMAG0604_zpse18eb09d.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0603_zps662edc28.jpg]

bit of fiddling about but eventually got the wiper motor back in
[Image: IMAG0605_zps26bd6a88.jpg]

405 wiper conversion. pleased with this, works way better than washer jets
[Image: IMAG0606_zpsab664a9d.jpg]

thats it for now, gonna give it a well deserved clean 2moz and get some hi-res pictures Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
A couple of things that need attention after a good drive last night.
really need to get some 16" rims so the brembos can go on, had a couple of sketchy moments pulling upto junctions where the brakes felt a bit overwhelmed
Rev counter works intermittently, thinking either bad connection or cam sensor?
needs a better radiator
investigate oil smell when boosting hard
fix the headlight issues
get bonnet and roof painted and fixed
fit more gauges
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yay its going!! Shame about the coppers though! Your car must sound seriously rude to get pulled over 3 times!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
3 times in one night? Something fishy there, else they're reaaaaaaly bored.
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2013, 04:16 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: 3 times in one night? Something fishy there, else they're reaaaaaaly bored.

dont know if your aware of herefordshire, but its fookin boring lol, anything that isnt the local 17 year olds ragging there corsas around is bound to get the cops attention. plus everyones gone back to uni so its even quieter than usual around town currently.

thats my theory anyway

(13-01-2013, 03:33 PM)Tom Wrote: Yay its going!! Shame about the coppers though! Your car must sound seriously rude to get pulled over 3 times!

it certainly does. dropped my friend off at er house, she said the windows were vibrating haha.

im off to meet pugmarshall shortly, need someone to drive behind me to see if it really is that bad lmao
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Take all your documents to the police station and say im being harassed guaranteed for as long as you own that car u wont get pulled in the shire
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2013, 09:16 PM)bradh511 Wrote: Take all your documents to the police station and say im being harassed guaranteed for as long as you own that car u wont get pulled in the shire

If it keeps happening Il definatly try that Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Beast! She feel fast again?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2013, 10:41 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: Beast! She feel fast again?

It certainly does yeah, still surprises me now and then, usually when it actually gets traction instead of the usual spinning haha.

Roll on the 11mm pump, see what its really capable of Big Grin definatly needs the brembos putting on before more power though. Having sketchy moments more often than I would like.
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
So you're having sketchy moments under braking, yet you weren't driving like a twat and attracting police attention?

Riiiiiight...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2013, 11:25 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: So you're having sketchy moments under braking, yet you weren't driving like a twat and attracting police attention?

Riiiiiight...

nope, this was out in the c'untry side, dont hoon through town. im rather attached to my clean licence
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
had a mini meet with pugmarshall tonight and a small drive around the shire in the snow
[Image: IMAG0609_zpsf6aa70f8.jpg]

picked up some mint new buttons and light adjuster switches from the scrappy. improves the look of the dash alot i reckon. just need more gauges wired in
[Image: IMAG0611_zps9ee682a7.jpg]

and a clip of the "offending" exhaust at idle. cops must just have been really bored yesterday as it didnt even get a second glance from them through town earlier

[Image: th_VIDEO0005_zps25b78801.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I can confirm that she goes extremely well!
Thanks given by:
Get some better pics of the bonnet pins please Big Grin
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
When I've finished timing my d turbo im deffo coming to see this as hereford isn't even far from me!

Keep the updates coming bud
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2013, 01:41 AM)Matt Wrote: Get some better pics of the bonnet pins please Big Grin

What pics you want mate?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
i think I'm going to have to insure my car for a month again if you had said you where out i would have come out to play on the bike in the snow
Thanks given by:
Need a speedo vid Wink
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
bit of bad news, decided to investigate why the 11mm pump wouldn't turn, split it open to find the insides had defiantly seen better days, full of metal shrapnel Sad

annoying to say the least, and not only that, ive got a £980 bill for an electronics course to pay so no new shinies for a month or two Sad sadtimes indeed
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Very sad indeed - does that mean you will be putting the 405 on the rollers at the end of the month for lols?
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2013, 01:02 AM)ash240970 Wrote: Very sad indeed - does that mean you will be putting the 405 on the rollers at the end of the month for lols?

ive still got the 306 on the road, just wont be going 11mm for a couple of months
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
since i cant afford to buy anything for the rest of the month, thought i would make a start on something that was free. replacing the sunroof and its cartridge with a single piece of plexiglass

[Image: IMAG0616_zpsf63817d7.jpg]

if it turns out as well as i hope it does i think i have enough plexiglass spare to maybe make a few more sunroof blanks if anyone would be interested in one? weight saving of about 12kg Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Woah that is loud lol. Shitter about the pump, was looking forward to seeing it coaling when ray wests' operators inevitably bog it.

Not got a sunroof, could be persuaded to have some 5-dr rear windows though...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Same still looking forward of what power figues it has but want to see what the power is with the 11mm but not the end of the world dude, like to see how the sum roof goes might be interested as I dont want mine Wink
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If I can get hold of a new hybrid pump/salvage the old one before the 2nd, Il bring it along and my toolbox, whip it on between runs or something, be really cool to see the gains by changing pump.
Could get it done In no time with so many people around to lend a hand Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Like the project, definitely slow down if you are overwhelming the brakes!

The only thing letting it down are the headlights IMO, they just look wrong. The gap is massive!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(17-01-2013, 11:59 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Like the project, definitely slow down if you are overwhelming the brakes!

The only thing letting it down are the headlights IMO, they just look wrong. The gap is massive!

Sorry dad Wink haha

I'm still not 100% on what the future of the front end will be, Il be putting the hockey sticks back on this weekend to get rid of one of the gaps, see how It looks then Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 189,462 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  Bianca White Phase 2 Gti6 Track & Fast Road Car Chr1sch 62 18,427 22-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Chr1sch
Wink Mark's White Phase 1 XUD Project MarkHam 13 4,873 11-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Last Post: anto