White phase 1, now with added truck turbo and massive head gasket failure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White phase 1, now with added truck turbo and massive head gasket failure
Hello all, thought it was about time to start a project thread on my latest purchase, a white phase 1 306 5 door with a fecking massive truck turbo Big Grin

here goes.........

[Image: dturbo.jpg]

a nice engine bay shot
[Image: IMAG0425.jpg]

to start of the project, i thought i would start with some basic tidying bits up, bits like:
finding a white colour coded gti6 rear bumper not to keen on the current item as it has a nasty crack and scrape on the bottom lip
[Image: IMAG0423.jpg]
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
You ain't seen Darren's twin turbo & supercharger setup yet!!!

Welcome to the forum buddy, looks like you've done a fair bit of work to the car! Get a project thread up Smile I'd be well interested in what you're done so far!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
fix the grill as it cracked around the badge
[Image: IMAG0426.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
truck turbo you say? got a part number or code for it pal? welcome btw Smile
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
at some point i need to take off a few trim bits like the mirror covers and get them resprayed at work as the current paint finish isnt the best :/
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
is do see on your engine pick though its been gearbox mounted and it is indeed a big fecker!
Thanks given by:
Nice work!

What blower is it?

Looks like a tidy clean install, +1 diesel boost FTFW
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
but as for turbo spec, i believe it is a garrett l200 turbo from a 12 ton MAN rigid body lorry, its pretty epic win ahah, its been relocated to where the battery was as theres no way such a large turbo would fit in the standard place, it has an oil catch tank with breather, braided oil hoses to cope with the increased pressures, relocated brake lines due to turbo fitment, custom manifolds and a custom made 4" straight thru stainless exhaust. bonnet jacked up to clear turbo/inlet manifold/let heat out. massive fmic with all solid 3 inch boost pipes. im sure theres loads of other stuff, so heres a closeup pic to hopefully cover the spec
[Image: IMG_09311_zps981aba4d.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Ah ive seen this posted somewhere else I think, any dyno graphs / videos of it in action?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I have changed one thing recently, that white boost pipe was made from an old exhaust, wasnt happy with it so made a new one out of stainless steel one night after work
[Image: IMAG0446.jpg]

that was just a trial fit, its at the welders currently having a hole put on for the vacuum hose and a bracket to bolt it to the fuel pump the same as the old manky white pipe, should get it back next week hopefully so i can get it on and sorted

some of you may have seen this car over on club306, but no dyno printouts yet sorry, its been sat at work uninsured due to low funds, but a trip to the dyno is on for this month, no idea what its going to produce power and torque wise, looking forward to finding out Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
wow this is epic. think theres some one with a bus turbo ive heard
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
The best thing about this setup is that it pulls harder than anything ive ever driven or been driven in (including numerous subaru impreza's) and its still got a bog standard fuel pump, so the potential for big power gain is certainly there Big Grin
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
what does the turbo kick in at. have you gov modded the pump?
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
turbo starts to spool at about 2k rpm, then you get boost at 2.5krpm, only running 1.8 bar currently for the run in period for this setup, but this turbo is easily capable of handling 40+psi. still standard fuel pump, but i do have an 11mm gov mod pump in the parts pile waiting for its time to shine
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Looks a fuckin' animal! Not seen this around before? I'm in Herefordshire, too.
Thanks given by:
Good to know theres someone else round here lol, its only ever had one outing in the shire, took it to work once and its been at the workshop since, cant resist getting it back on the road again though, this week hopefully
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
There's a few of us mate, you know of herefordshire cruise?
Thanks given by:
not really no, dont get out much haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'm not familiar with them but there's a couple of very fast dturbos amongst them...

Where in the shire are you mate?
Thanks given by:
out towards abergavenny, bout 12 miles out of hereford. im looking forward to seeing other dtubs in herefordshire, only ones i know of are all in deep wales
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
this is epic! love having the turbo mounted there as you actually get to see it! D:
Thanks given by:
you can certainly hear it better mounted where it is too haha, wastegate noise eargasms haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
wastegate? we dont know what those are on here Smile
Thanks given by:
haha, just a safety feature while its been run in, manual boost controller is on the shopping list Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
we dont use those either lmao
Thanks given by:
Well, I do and I f*cked my turbo... Logic, what's that?
Thanks given by:
Could you tell me a code or something off the turbo? Building a big turbo 306 and that 2500rpm full boost sounds awsome on a 9mm pump.
Thanks given by:
Inlove
have you got any pics of the exhaust manifold???
Thanks given by:
The turbo is a garrett gt4294s series used with the MAN tgl rigid body lorry, somthing like 12400cc and 440bhp haha, as for the part number im not 100% sure of the top of my head, il have a look when im down the lockup and take a picture of the exhaust manifold. Im not 100% happy with the manifold btw, as i think now that it could have been designed to flow better but anyway, seems to do the job well enough and if it ever comes to installing an even bigger turbo il change the manifold then Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
heres a sneak preview of my other ongoing project, pink 2 litre mini haha
[Image: oja.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 188,146 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  Bianca White Phase 2 Gti6 Track & Fast Road Car Chr1sch 62 18,297 22-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Chr1sch
Wink Mark's White Phase 1 XUD Project MarkHam 13 4,822 11-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Last Post: anto