White phase 1, now with added truck turbo and massive head gasket failure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White phase 1, now with added truck turbo and massive head gasket failure
Abergavenny you say, I live in Caerphilly I would definitely come to see this sometime!
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2012, 10:43 PM)Dicky Wrote: Abergavenny you say, I live in Caerphilly I would definitely come to see this sometime!

a wales meet would be good, love the roads Big Grin
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2012, 10:53 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(12-11-2012, 10:43 PM)Dicky Wrote: Abergavenny you say, I live in Caerphilly I would definitely come to see this sometime!

a wales meet would be good, love the roads Big Grin

Yeah I'm up for that Smile
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2012, 05:09 PM)ash240970 Wrote: Pugmarshall and I know a place that does dyno runs that could be incorporated into the midlands meet (separate thread) but I already went on the rollers earlier in the year. Still I'd turn up wherever just for the meet up.

I'm up for that shiz, put a thread in the mids section?

(12-11-2012, 06:00 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(12-11-2012, 04:48 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: Let me know when you get in on a dyno, could bring mine along too Smile

+1

Was going to see if you were interested, glad you are!
Thanks given by:
really boring update, but hopefully the 306 will be insured again by the weekend. cant wait to get out and start terrorizing the chavs in their saxos again haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
This means vids, yes? Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oh dear this is going downhill
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 08:28 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Oh dear this is going downhill

Heres something that is right up your street mate, future project for you maybe? haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...yHl24QynOM

The 306 is now insured!!
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 06:03 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: The 306 is now insured!!

I though it was warmer tonight! :p
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 06:03 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:

Heres something that is right up your street mate, future project for you maybe? haha

The 306 is now insured!!
just awsome Rofl i realy want one.
Thanks given by:
Haha that tractor's epic!
Thanks given by:
took the Dtub to work today, couple of small issues. powersteering pump is leaking slightly , theres a boost leak on the top hose and the badge fell off
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Had alot of fun driving around today, i also attempted a video but it turned out terrible, will try again asap haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Awh i want a truck turbo Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Right then, an actual update:
after a quick trip upto birmingham I am now the owner of a set of 4 pot brembo calipers and tor-ox discs. massive thanks to Dum-Dum for driving up to meet me, your a diamond mate
[Image: IMAG0457.jpg]

Oh and earlier today when i was investigating the leaking power steering pump i discovered a big split in hose coming off the inlet side of the intercooler, holes big enough to get a finger through so must be loosing a fair bit of boost but the amazing thing is even with the huge boost leak from there and the top hose it still does 0-60mph in sub 6 seconds. be interesting to see how different it is running full boost Big Grin
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 06:03 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:

The 306 is now insured!!

Thats tractor is flippin' mad.
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2012, 10:03 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: took the Dtub to work today, couple of small issues. powersteering pump is leaking slightly , theres a boost leak on the top hose and the badge fell off

Quick get the badge back on, they're good for an extra 30hp!
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2012, 02:19 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Oh and earlier today when i was investigating the leaking power steering pump i discovered a big split in hose coming off the inlet side of the intercooler, holes big enough to get a finger through so must be loosing a fair bit of boost but the amazing thing is even with the huge boost leak from there and the top hose it still does 0-60mph in sub 6 seconds. be interesting to see how different it is running full boost Big Grin

I now understand why you would not feel rushed to fix your boost leaks haha!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2012, 12:14 PM)Tom Wrote:
(17-11-2012, 02:19 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Oh and earlier today when i was investigating the leaking power steering pump i discovered a big split in hose coming off the inlet side of the intercooler, holes big enough to get a finger through so must be loosing a fair bit of boost but the amazing thing is even with the huge boost leak from there and the top hose it still does 0-60mph in sub 6 seconds. be interesting to see how different it is running full boost Big Grin

I now understand why you would not feel rushed to fix your boost leaks haha!

Im having all the leaking boost pipes re-made in 3 inch stainless steel tubing. just waiting for the welder man to get it done. anyone know of a massive open space where i can test it running at full boost? im a little bit nervous about trying it on a public road haha

(17-11-2012, 09:59 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(15-11-2012, 10:03 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: took the Dtub to work today, couple of small issues. powersteering pump is leaking slightly , theres a boost leak on the top hose and the badge fell off

Quick get the badge back on, they're good for an extra 30hp!

Yeah i heard that too, in fact it must be the missing badge and not the massive boost leak thats causing the power loss!!!
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Debadged:
[Image: IMAG0456.jpg]

Re-badged:
[Image: IMAG0458.jpg]

And then I fixed the rear door locks, words cannot describe my hatred for peugeot with this design as im sure anyone who has refitted the plastic bit onto the pin will agree
[Image: IMAG0464.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I dont have any of those plastic things in, they suck ass!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
im waiting until payday to buy some bucket seats and harnesses then all the interiors coming out. no more door cards and the problems they cause. also need some bonnet pins as theres no safety catch anymore :/
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Just read through this project mate andthe car looks awsome! Top work. Now just get a bigger pump on that beasty and get more fuel in there!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Nice meeting you last night/this morning mate. Cant wait to see this in the flesh at the crimbo meet.
Thanks given by:
this is coming xmas meet?
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2012, 01:08 AM)the milkman Wrote: this is coming xmas meet?

Depending on how busy i am with work, but il certainly try to make it down to see everyone Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2012, 05:00 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Debadged:
[Image: IMAG0456.jpg]

Re-badged:
[Image: IMAG0458.jpg]

And then I fixed the rear door locks, words cannot describe my hatred for peugeot with this design as im sure anyone who has refitted the plastic bit onto the pin will agree
[Image: IMAG0464.jpg]

I had terrible problems with those door lock pins on my old ph1 until I found out that you have to re-fit them with the mechanism and rod in the locked position - piece of cake then Smile
Thanks given by:
This needs ph1 twin optics on it Smile

Tried shobdon airfield? Lol
Thanks given by:
Gave the car a proper wash and a polish today:
[Image: IMAG0470.jpg]

Took it down the road and 5 seconds later this happened:
[Image: IMAG0472.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0473.jpg]

So if anyone has a phase 1 bonnet, or knows of a fibreglass phase 1 bonnet, please let me know asap
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
That f*cking sucks.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 188,204 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  Bianca White Phase 2 Gti6 Track & Fast Road Car Chr1sch 62 18,300 22-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Chr1sch
Wink Mark's White Phase 1 XUD Project MarkHam 13 4,827 11-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Last Post: anto