Turbo inlet and piping re-route questions (Pics and new Q's)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo inlet and piping re-route questions (Pics and new Q's)
4WayDiablo Wrote:
studturbo Wrote:no pipes or i would do it lol Sad
Thats what ebay is for! Haha
Gotta be better than ruining your block unless you have a spare block in your shed?

I have 2....... Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Im just uploading the pics ...

Basically, im finding it hard to find any 'easy' way to access the turbo inlet, my hands are everage on sizeand understandably, it is tight from the top - is it easier accessing it from underneath?? 2 mins with the pics Smile
[Image: LoOmZ.jpg]

also, what is this pipe used for? im assuming its an oil breather?? is this essential when fitting new pipes in??
[Image: SMvGV.jpg]

So ideally id like the piping to run under the inlet and round to the normal location
[Image: Oq79l.jpg]

And end up just behind the grill or even behind the headlight, and knocking a vent in the bonnet?[Image: IB676.jpg]
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
anyone at all??
Thanks given by:
At the end of the month I'm buying flexible silicon tube of eBay and fitting it thru the brake servo and behind my morrette.. Il have to put a breather filter on the head for obvs reasons.. Also if u take the engine mount of and lower the engine it rotates back so it gives u abit more room to get ur hand down ther but tbh I found it easy if u take drivers wheel off and the inner arch covers u can get to the turbo easier..
[Image: blazejpg1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Blaze tub tom Wrote:At the end of the month I'm buying flexible silicon tube of eBay and fitting it thru the brake servo and behind my morrette.. Il have to put a breather filter on the head for obvs reasons.. Also if u take the engine mount of and lower the engine it rotates back so it gives u abit more room to get ur hand down ther but tbh I found it easy if u take drivers wheel off and the inner arch covers u can get to the turbo easier..

some useful points there...

id rather not get take the engine mount off, rather keep it where it is if possible...

when you sort yours, any chance you could grab some pics, show the best way to access.

i plan to use a silicone U bend and pipe it round to its standard location - in simple terms, remove that shitty V shaped piping which goes alongside the top of the inlet fannymold.
Thanks given by:
My engine in bits lol
Head rebuild new valves and new seals Smile
[Image: mintsig.jpg]
STAGE2 XUD DEAD ATM ENGINE REBUILD
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
COMING SOON TD04 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
studturbo Wrote:My engine in bits lol

........................to access the turbo inlet?! :think:
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
studturbo Wrote:My engine in bits lol

........................to access the turbo inlet?! :think:
No he broke it
Way i get to it is completly remove airfilter pipe between the gearbox/ battery to the top of the inlet mani. Then you can get in behind the engine

Remember how i was doing it to cheddar. That was the turbo ioutlet though
Inlet wise the only way ive got that is to get underneath :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Engine mount really is no bother.. This weekend iv literally done everything for the first like locking my engine checking injectors checking pump putting my inlet pipe back on checking timing. But like Phil said the best way for inlet is underneath or through the wheel. Have you got ur car at home or at uni?
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Remember how i was doing it to cheddar. That was the turbo ioutlet though
Inlet wise the only way ive got that is to get underneath :-)

Fancy an island day trip if i pay for your ferry when i get hold of some pipes? Smile
Thanks given by:
Lol sounds good Smile
Thanks given by:
Like Ash said, you reduce spoolup by around 2/300rpm and give massive increases at the top end.

I've been running this setup since I fitted the engine last year:

[Image: WP_000121.jpg]

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
any advantages/disadvantages to running it to that side as apposed to my current idea to run it where it currently is at??

also, what piping did you use from the turbo..?
Thanks given by:
It looks like the part of the original intake that runs from the air box to the silly shaped pipe section along the back (normally next to the battery) to me!

The only disadvantage I could find with putting it there was closing the bonnet lol

I really need to have a decent look at JP's some time so I can lash up an air filter of some sort!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
jammapic Wrote:Like Ash said, you reduce spoolup by around 2/300rpm and give massive increases at the top end.

I've been running this setup since I fitted the engine last year:

[Image: WP_000121.jpg]

JP

What piping and filter is that JP?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fmic piping philpemberton94 7 1,734 04-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Last Post: silverzx
  intercooler piping kits? LewisG306 13 2,763 27-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Last Post: silverzx
Photo New turbo downpipe idea's (pics inside) strictly_perv 39 6,861 04-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Ruan