Nadine + Sarah's project '6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nadine + Sarah's project '6
60mm looks good Smile do any other pugs have the same wheel as the 6? My list is growing longer and longer Sad
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Yeah 90% of the ph3 range

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Awesome Smile so don't need to specifically get a 6 wheel
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
I'll hang on to the crystals for you if you want them...! Smile

Also agree with the lads, 60mm is a must, 40 will be dissapointing!
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'll let you know Alee, don't wanna say hold them incase I can't get them at end of nov
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
So a rather productive day today. 2 hour scrappy trip and a little bit of work done to the 6. So form the what's wrong with her list, this is what I've done:

Got my new interior fitted - just the rear door cards to go
Hoovered all of the inside whilst the seats were out
Removed the aftermarket immobiliser as it would no longer turn off and couldn't start the car
Replaced the dash switches the control the dash light dimmer and head light height. So dash lights come on when supposed too
Means the lights on buzzer now goes off when it's supposed too
Replaced the door catch so door stays open

2moro I will be fitting rest of interior
Replacing the clock as the current one doesn't work
Replace ariel as its leaking
Fit my phase 3 headlights
Figure out why fans won't kick in, replaced relays today but still didn't work Sad
Fit clear side repeaters

After all the little bits have been done, it will be on to the big bits
Fix rusty arch
Fit new rear axle once its delivered
Refurb cyclones
Either professional machine polish or respray
Replace front bumper
Colour coded side strips
Full service before she goes back on the road
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
the fans might not work for three reasons
first, and more important to check is the plug to the fan cowling. If looking at the front of the car, its a round plug down the right hand side of the fan unit. Pins are often corroded to the point where it stops fans working.
Secondly is the relays in the fan unit. Looking at the fans, theres a triangular box inbetween the fans. Again, check the pins or corrosion and test relays.
Lastly, Fan controller unit. No way of testing so just replace at a last resort. Its underneath the passenger chassis leg under the headlight.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2012, 09:42 PM)Niall Wrote: the fans might not work for three reasons
first, and more important to check is the plug to the fan cowling. If looking at the front of the car, its a round plug down the right hand side of the fan unit. Pins are often corroded to the point where it stops fans working.
Secondly is the relays in the fan unit. Looking at the fans, theres a triangular box inbetween the fans. Again, check the pins or corrosion and test relays.
Lastly, Fan controller unit. No way of testing so just replace at a last resort. Its underneath the passenger chassis leg under the headlight.

Done the relays today so ill check the plug 2moro. Thanks Smile
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
little update not managed to get much done. I got another bitron unit incase its that that is stopping the fans from working. Just need to not be working so i can have a look.
i replaced the clock but its really dull so think i need a couple of bulbs
Got a new gear knob too Smile here are some pics

[Image: 2b9bebb2e6d26f5f7f83804f8a457c30.jpg]
[Image: 94EB96EB-6EF7-4EE0-A403-D41EF4148DEB-631...1A846D.jpg]
[Image: 16447B74-8AF3-4CA7-BE37-63F3297D394C-631...31160C.jpg]
[Image: FAB62350-C1C5-4AEE-B63C-4A2702E973F3-631...14ABB8.jpg]
[Image: 05D4302D-7088-42D5-B3AA-29FEF285B6A0-631...AF4960.jpg]
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Looking good

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
As well as the side strips you were going to buy off me I have a nearly new 60mm lowering kit. It's G-Max springs and dampers with meyle HD drop links and brand new pug top mounts.

Car is looking good though, bet you could sell it today and tripple your money.
Thanks given by:
oh Dum dum that sounds good, how much would you be looking at for them? id have to lie to the other half and tell her it only lowered it by 40 tho lol. Im pretty sure the strut top mounts need done on the 6

she is looking sooo much better, getting happier and happier by the day with her
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Well managed to do a fair few bits since the last update. And a few bits that I wanted to wait for but needs must made me have to do it.
So I took the car for a wee health check to make sure she was ok and not holding any nasty surprises. So underneath she is pretty solid, found she needed a drop link, 2 p bushes and a rear brake flexi. Also an airbox as it was missing. So arranged for all that to bed done Smile
Then we had a look at the rear brakes and em well I'm pretty sure this isn't meant to happen
[Image: 38f04fe5f775c1ccc2a80a27004cef4e.jpg]
Bit the bullet and arranged for a refurb beam to be fitted with a new calliper and rear brake discs and pads.
Also discovered one of my cyclones are buckled so looking to get a new set of wheels, fancy a set of speedlines
At the health check we also figured out she needs a new coolant sensor and lambda sensor.
I replaced the fan sensor as well as the coolant sensor, but pretty sure it's down to the bitron unit, the unit has corroded that much that pins have snapped off inside the plug. So I need a new plug Sad
I fitted my new ariel so no more leak from there, however drivers door doesn't close properly at the top so letting water in, need new hinges.
Fitted my crystals
Fitted my new bumper
Fitted colour coded bump strips, this is how she sat do now Smile
[Image: FA452BB0-B251-4709-837A-27F7279566D0-199...F0D033.jpg]

Comments welcome

Oh the rear beam was also lowered 40mm before fitting so just need front springs now
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Some top work you putting in on this car. Big difference from when you first got it.

I have never seen a brake disc in bits like that before!

Keep up the good work
Thanks given by:
Looks good Big Grin
As for that brake disc i have done the same on one of my old cars lmao

Thanks given by:
How thin is that disc?!
Thanks given by:
Mine was like tin foil was caused by the rear caliper sticking

Thanks given by:
(15-01-2013, 10:34 PM)Curt Wrote: How thin is that disc?!

Very thin, I could snap it in half with my hands really easily.

And thank you for the nice comments, I'm keeping a tally of how much I've spent including buying the car, haven't reached 1k yet so I'm happy Smile
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
AWSOME stuff!! It is coming along real well. Such a difference from the car you bought!

How much was the rear beam?
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2013, 10:56 AM)Alee83 Wrote: AWSOME stuff!! It is coming along real well. Such a difference from the car you bought!

How much was the rear beam?

The rear beam including calliper, discs, pads, drop link, p bushes, air box and filter was £300 supply and fit.
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
That is a good price!! Nice one!
Thanks given by:
Yeah I thought it was good, treated her to a new battery also. Need to get a lambda sensor, euro car parts don't have them on the website.
Heart 306
Thanks given by: