Frosty's S16 6 speed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frosty's S16 6 speed
NO! blue carpet in a red car will look stupid i think.
get a diablo carpet made for it Tongue
Thanks given by:
I think blue and red would be a pretty offensive color clash haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Mate think ive cracked the annoying flashing stop light issue we've been having drop me a message later on
Thanks given by:
Prob best i leave the carpet and just sell it

I will text you tom
Thanks given by:
I stayed on after work the other night and i took the standard air box off as it pointless having it on now i fitted the KnN. So while i had the bumper off i also popped the horn off the sigma S16 on as it is alot louder than the 1 that was on. So i know got a horn that im not embarrassed to press. All S16s have the air horn as standard i guess?

Changed the oil as well after seeing water in the breather pipes the other day so i run the engine up with a flush and then put a few litres of oil through to try and clean it out a bit
Thanks given by:
air horn??

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Yeah they seem to have air horns as standard. Well all 3 i have had have had 1. The 1 i got on now is pretty loud
Thanks given by:
like a big red horn sort of air horn :S

Thanks given by:
No it like a compressor and a black horn. I will get a pick of the 1 I took off
Thanks given by:
Haven't done anything to this lately so have just been driving it. I did give it a polish yesterday after work as it was a nice day though

[Image: null_zps214974a5.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsb35d9134.jpg]

[Image: null_zps9eaecb58.jpg]

[Image: null_zps84b4f7d4.jpg]

[Image: null_zps701d7126.jpg]

[Image: null_zps66e02169.jpg]

[Image: null_zps0702db15.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I fort that I was doing well with this 1 behaving itself but now the idle control valve is playing up again. I have cleaned all the pipe out and have tried to clean the idle control valve out but it still ain't right so I think I will have to put another 1 on which is a bit of a pain as it doesn't like that much fun to do.

Also the central locking its playing up. The passenger side door motor seem to sound a bit lazy so I think I will have to change that as well.

It looks like this is the car I will bring to FCS this year though
Thanks given by:
Make sure you clean it before fcs at least Tongue
Thanks given by:
ICV a pain?? one of the easiest jobs on a 306!

This is such a save though, It was such a shed and it looks mint now!

Thanks given by:
(22-06-2013, 03:27 PM)puglove Wrote: ICV a pain?? one of the easiest jobs on a 306!

Not on an s16 its not
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2013, 02:50 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Make sure you clean it before fcs at least Tongue

Maybe if its lucky Smile

(22-06-2013, 03:27 PM)puglove Wrote: ICV a pain?? one of the easiest jobs on a 306!

It dont look to fun on a S16 but i need to do it so will just have to man up.

Cheers though dude
Thanks given by:
Got the ICV changed today. Wasn't to bad after i took a few bits out the way to make my life easier. It now seems to be running sweet once again. Just got the central looking to sort out now
Thanks given by:
I MOT'd it today and of course it passed Smile

Nothing else really happening with this at the moment i just hope nothing goes wrong before FCS
Thanks given by:
Fitted some new front brake pads today so just need to give it a good wash before FCS and should all be sound
Thanks given by:
still reckon the d-turbo could of been done...good little run to break the engine and turbo in....that said I do like a diablo. Smile
Thanks given by:
A few pics of the S16 from the FCS weekend

[Image: null_zps6197cf1a.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsec0a1ab7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well the plan was to take this off the road on Sunday but tonight on the way home the heater matrix pipe decided to split. So I got it back down to work and I cant really be bothered to fix it for the sake of 1 more day. Will get round to fixing it some time but I need to decide what the plan is going to be for this car
Thanks given by:
you not thinking of getting rid?!

I missed your reply to my post a little back....the twin optics with yellow dipped lense...see my forsale parts thread ...they in there.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2013, 10:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: you not thinking of getting rid?!

I missed your reply to my post a little back....the twin optics with yellow dipped lense...see my forsale parts thread ...they in there.

Don't think I will sell it. Just don't know what to do. I got another engine that come out the sigma S16 which I was thinking about doing some head work on to see about getting a bit more power but I will get the D turbo on the road and see how it goes.

I did see you had some but to be honest im not really after any
Thanks given by:
nah fair enough. I assumed all s16s came with them...but obviously not
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So this had been sat up for over a month with the heater matrix pipe blown so on Sunday I for it was about time I sorted it. I got a pipe off the sigma S16 I had which I think had a new pipe fitted to it not that long ago so that was ideal. Got the pipe changed with not to much hassle.

Some pics of the blown pipe

[Image: null_zpsc979c0b4.jpg]

[Image: null_zps81aef08c.jpg]

So I think the next plan is to get it stored some where dry for over the winter
Thanks given by:
looks good! glad you got rid of they wheels in the first couple of photos!
Thanks given by:
said it before but i'll say it again, love phase 1's haha
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 08:20 PM)bobertmate Wrote: said it before but i'll say it again, love phase 1's haha

You got good taste Smile
Thanks given by:
You're Dturbo is sick mate, looks so mean Tongue
Thanks given by:
So as I have said in the D turbo project thread my plan is to take the D turbo off the rad and put this back on. I got the car in the garage last night to have a check over it as it has been sat up for about 4 months. All was pretty good till I have a better look at the chassis leg/rail bits. I knew that they weren't 'perfect' but I gave them a tap with a little hammer and....

[Image: C233BDAB-EE66-4728-A92C-03DF3CEB3693_zpscibmx5kn.jpg]

I discover a hole. Went down to work this morning to sort a few bits out and have a look at sorting the hole. I was cleaning it up and getting all the under seal odd and discovered another hole. So dropped the sub frame down so I could have a better look and get to it easier.

[Image: 0CA7DE6F-CDF6-4919-AA25-441799889BC1_zpsop0dz6rd.jpg]

Got the fuel pipes all cable tied out the way and gave it all a better clean up

[Image: BD9D2D1D-4D3A-4EAC-9368-88F7EC00732A_zpsyqrdi53h.jpg]

I managed to get my mate to come down to work to give me a hand weld it up. I can weld but it tends to look like bird sh*t and I wanted it to be done fairly tidy. So I made up the patches and he welded them on.

I gave it a cover with sticky flex and then under sealed it So it looks a fair bit better now

[Image: 793F64EE-53DD-4830-B74E-ECB557FA9483_zpsttybp7u8.jpg]

[Image: ED29843A-9D9F-4E00-9414-8C6BBB15B4C6_zpsvixl1lz8.jpg]

Other than sorting that it doesn't really need anything to get it on the road. I Will be putting the lasers back on as they all have good tyres. I just need to ring up to sort the insurance and then tax it and will be all good to go
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,662 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT Frosty 626 275,059 22-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Frosty