Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT
So I think its about time I get my ass into gear and put a project tread up for my car!

Basically I have had a few 306s and as most of you other on here I just love them. So at the moment I have a phase 1 D Turbo in black which I have had for just over 2 years which I brought off a mate at work who had it for about 7 years. He had really look after it and made it into a great little car and I have tried to carry that on.

Here is a list of bits it had when I brought it:
Customised front and rear bumpers
Fully colour coded
Gti 6 side skirt
Gti 6 wheel recently resprayed
Disc rear axle
Home made rear exhaust part, sounds like a tractor Smile
Phase 2 dash
Phase 2/3 rear lights

That's most of the stuff I can remember plus it had only done 94000 miles

So here's some pics of when I first got it

[Image: IMG_0062.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0060.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0155.jpg]

So as I said I have had it 2 years and I have done a few bits to it over the time.
Here's another list but of the bits I have done to it since I had owned it:
Phase 3 tail gate
HDI front brakes
Phase 3 gti 6 half leather seats
Phase 1 gti 6 front door cards
Rear quarter cards with hidden 6x9s
Boost gauge in pillar pod
HDI gearbox
Phase 3 parcel shelf

I think that's most of the main bits. I'm sure there some bits I've missed but will up date when I remember.

Some pics of how it stands at the moment

[Image: edfa3018.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0272.jpg]

[Image: 660017f7.jpg]

The tailgate before and after the change. Before

[Image: IMG_0152.jpg]

And after

[Image: 7b44fc3a.jpg]

It's got a rubbish front bumper on at the moment as the nice customised 1 meet a badger on the A30. Bad times!

[Image: IMG_0271.jpg]

I got lots more plans for it and lots more I want to say about it and more pics of bits but I think this will do for a start. Hope you all like it and will enjoy reading and following this project tread
Thanks given by:
On to a winner there mate its real tidy with some real tasteful mod. a bit of tyre shine wouldnt go a miss though :{ Changing the front bumper was a good move though. Is it running any extra boost and fueling?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(09-07-2012, 08:52 PM)puglove Wrote: On to a winner there mate its real tidy with some real tasteful mod. a bit of tyre shine wouldnt go a miss though :{ Changing the front bumper was a good move though. Is it running any extra boost and fueling?

The front bumper is just 1 I had lying around to chuck on as the other 1 was badly broke and falling off. It only turned up a little bit. Running about 15psi. FMIC are in the plans though
Thanks given by:
Finally you got a project up Tongue

it looks good after seeing it in person at long last

just need a bitmore power now Wink
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2012, 09:23 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Finally you got a project up Tongue

it looks good after seeing it in person at long last

just need a bitmore power now Wink

Yeah finally mate lol

Yeah got some big plans for it but it's coming off the road at the end of the mouth Sad
Thanks given by:
Keep us updated on the big plans mate theres 100s of guides on here for tuning xud so you cant got wrong. Has it had a bosch or still on the lucus?

Thanks given by:
are you planning on fitting a bigger turbo?
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
it has got a bosch on it Smile though i got a 11mm modded pump to go on it.

i dont really want to get to involed in the turbo really. its got a t2 on it. thats the better turbo isn't it?
Thanks given by:
once you get it tuned and start getting some good 20+ PSI youll want a bigger turbo! boost is very addictive. turbo changes aint that hard.
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
Well I will get the FMIC on 1st and do some other bits I got planed then maybe Wink
Thanks given by:
this is win for me. love ph1s in black Smile
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
i have been looking for a bonnet for my car. my paint code is POXY. will this be the same colour?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110900032913?s...1423.l2649
Thanks given by:
Can't seem to think of any thing I forgot to mention apart from I put a dump valve on it. I know there pointless on a diesel but it puts a smile on my face so that's all that matters Smile. Also hocked it up with some general lee air horns.

So the plan is to take it off the road at the end of the mouth for a bit of TLC. The plans for when it's off the road are:

Get the roof sorted as its got rust coming through and the paints fading

Gets some bumpers sorted and some better condition side skirts

FMIC going to get a twin pass 1 and all the bits needed like slim line fans etc

Fit 11mm modded pump with LDA pin and gov mod

Do the cam belt and water pump while I do the fuel pump

Get some challengers and hubcentirc spacers

GTI6 front brakes.

That's most of the plans but I'm sure there are lots of other little bits I will do.

Here are a few more pics

Boost gauge

[Image: cff1dff0.jpg]

[Image: 3bcede07.jpg]

The rear bumper

[Image: 274dbe64.jpg]

Will update soon. What's your forts??
Thanks given by:
Loose the dump valve as it will add turbo lag. Whats the point in doing all the power mods then adding turbo lag for the sake of a quite sound. Apart from that sounds like some real good plans. Are you goin to colour coad the bump strips on the bumpers again?

Thanks given by:
Rear bumper is pretty cool, but would look better without a cut-out I reckon!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2012, 05:53 PM)puglove Wrote: Loose the dump valve as it will add turbo lag. Whats the point in doing all the power mods then adding turbo lag for the sake of a quite sound. Apart from that sounds like some real good plans. Are you goin to colour coad the bump strips on the bumpers again?

I just can't bring my self to lose the dump valve as I do love it but I will see what happens when I put the FMIC on. If i turn the dump valve off by taking the earth off the switch will it still make turbo lag or dies it need to be take completely out the system? I will prob colour code it again as the whole car is. What are your forts on it?

(15-07-2012, 06:05 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Rear bumper is pretty cool, but would look better without a cut-out I reckon!

Thanks. I like it with the cut out as the exhaust tip looks smart in the whole and fits well
Thanks given by:
Like that rear bumper, wheres it from?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
tidy car and as some of the others on here <3 black phase 1s. However main main concern is that you brought it off a mate? did you buy it or bruy it? Sorry but its just my pet hate when people say brought instead of bought!!!
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 11:46 AM)SRowell Wrote: tidy car and as some of the others on here <3 black phase 1s. However main main concern is that you brought it off a mate? did you buy it or bruy it? Sorry but its just my pet hate when people say brought instead of bought!!!

The spelling police are out again - the English language has evolved so much over the last 300 years and will continue to do so - get down from that soapbox Rowell
Thanks given by:
If you disconet the solinoid ir will stop the lag.

My thoughts on it.....same as any one on here will tell you black ph1s are full of win! Although i didnt like the moded part of the front bumper the colour coded strip looked lush. Much better than the flat matt black surounded buy gloss. But tge OE bumper is better. And your power plans sound like your on the right track. I will be going all out on powet on my DT soon Big Grin

Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 10:37 AM)Poodle Wrote: Like that rear bumper, wheres it from?

My mate who had the car before me had a mate make it. It's a standard bumper but with the bits added on the sides at the back. I love it

(16-07-2012, 11:46 AM)SRowell Wrote: tidy car and as some of the others on here <3 black phase 1s. However main main concern is that you brought it off a mate? did you buy it or bruy it? Sorry but its just my pet hate when people say brought instead of bought!!!

Thanks. My mate who I brought it off is a guy who I work with. Both car mechanics. He had had the car for 7 years and I had seen it for about the last 3 of those years so I know it had been looked after. He didn't want to sell it but I got him to sell it to me after I wrote my old D turbo off

(16-07-2012, 12:37 PM)puglove Wrote: If you disconet the solinoid ir will stop the lag.

My thoughts on it.....same as any one on here will tell you black ph1s are full of win! Although i didnt like the moded part of the front bumper the colour coded strip looked lush. Much better than the flat matt black surounded buy gloss. But tge OE bumper is better. And your power plans sound like your on the right track. I will be going all out on powet on my DT soon Big Grin

So it is easy to just turn the dump valve off.

I think my plan is going to be get a standard front bumper colour coded up but also maybe do I customised 1 as well cuz I like it and I can swap them over when I want but I will get a standard 1 sort first. Watch this space lol
Thanks given by:
so im starting to think about bits im going to get for the car. i found this intercooler on ebay which is a twin pass which is the route that i think i am going to take. what size inlet and outlet do i need on the intercooler though?

heres a link for the intercooler

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220967239609?s...1423.l2649
Thanks given by:
Bit of an update! The D turbo is now off the road to have some work done on it. I'm now driving a S16 for a while and for a bit of fun! Will get some info and pics up of the S16 sometime!

Now I will be spending some money on the D turbo and will be looking to get all the bits I will need to do the work on it that I want to do. I have got some HEL braided brake lines that I brought at modified mania on Sunday for £45 which I though ain't to bad

[Image: d310ef6f.jpg]

And got a free t shirt out of them Smile

[Image: 84bbde6a.jpg]

While the D turbo is off the road the first job is going to be to get the body work sorted on it which is mainly the roof plus the bumpers and a few other bits. Also hope to get a FMIC on it so will need to start looking and buying the bits I need.

Will try to keep you all updated!!
Thanks given by:
So as the d turbo is now off the road I thought that it was time to start getting some of the work done on it. So I got round to striping the roof lining down ready for the roof to be sorted when I speak to my boss about it being done. Heres some pics of what the roof is like at the moment with the rust and colour fade

[Image: 99EEE193-08E9-47B6-B716-B1B316EF0508-252...0F0D59.jpg]

[Image: DD6C9827-C9E3-4D8E-8F8A-D8676CF2AA17-252...BF8DE0.jpg]

[Image: 1B7F1F96-C081-43ED-BAF3-FCB46F85F736-252...684E59.jpg]

As the d turbo is off the road I'm now driving a S16 as I previously said so I best put some pics up so you can see it

[Image: 1e2bd264.jpg]

[Image: 649bf861.jpg]

[Image: 0231AF89-D3DD-48FD-8169-003BFEB832B3-252...8B18FA.jpg]

Just a little info on the S16. I bought it with a noisy gearbox so I have put a Gti6 gearbox in it. Also it come lowered with 17s but I wanted it to be standard so but it all back to standard and have put Gti6 front brakes on it.

Some pics of my 306s together

[Image: c7ae944a.jpg]

[Image: f7275caf.jpg]

That's about it for now. Will keep you posted on updates!
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate!! Phase1 TD ftw!!
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
Andy will cry when he knows you got an s16 lol

Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 07:25 AM)puglove Wrote: Andy will cry when he knows you got an s16 lol

Haha. S16 are pretty cheap for what they are. Quiet hard to get hold of though. I will have to make a separate tread for it. Everyone seems to go for '6 now though. The S16 just seems to have a bit of character!
Thanks given by:
not much has really happened apart from me taking the roof lining down ready for the roof to be sorted.

however i have been thinking alot about other bits i want to do. i want to know peoples forts on this as black phase 1 bonnets in good condition are really hard to find i having been thinking about getting my 1 carbon wrap! what do you guys think of this? i have seen it on other black cars and i think it looks pretty smart!

also what size intercooler pipping do i go for for the FMIC set up 2" or 2.5"?
Thanks given by:
I really need to get my ass in gear and start buying bits for this for the FMIC.

I have brought some challengers though. They are in ok condition not the best but will do for me. They come with a pair a 15mm hub centric spacers and bolts to suit and I got them for £180 which I think is pretty good. Just had to do a 120 mile round trip to pick them up. I popped them on my S16 just to see what they looked like.

[Image: 6145339F-603E-4C15-8B07-E7B7B42223CB-377...B5F176.jpg]

I have been thinking of get some 406 brembos for the front but I think that I'm just going to stick with putting Gti6 front brakes on.

So the plans are now to get the roof sorted pretty soon and starting getting bits for the FMIC setup. I think I'm going to go for 2" pipping. Is that a good choice?
Thanks given by:
is it worth me putting a 11mm modded pump on this or are they really smokey? i got 1 but dont know if its worth fitting it. or is it better to do the gov mod and LDA pin mod on the standard pump?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,593 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Black Ph1 D-Turbo project (black betty) doogle-d turbo 25 9,861 16-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Frosty's S16 6 speed Frosty 244 93,048 04-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Frosty