Geek trolling on an epic scale!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geek trolling on an epic scale!
(10-09-2012, 05:11 PM)Scott Wrote: Bit late back to this thread I see...

Just as a note before anyone reads this, I'm not an Apple hater. I have a 15" Macbook Pro which I've used every day since it was bought in September 2007. It's a fantastic product, and has only needed battery replacements (as with any laptop which gets used as much as this) and a motherboard replacement due to being part of a faulty batch. I also own an iPod classic 80GB (bought around the same time as the MBP) which is a great product. My mum has a Macbook, and Kim also has a MBP. In short, I do like Apple's products.

That said, iPhone has consistently been released with hardware that was up to 6 months old at the time of release, and was already in mass production by HTC and Samsung. I'm looking forward to the next iPhone being announced with similar hardware to the S3 and One X. That's just from a hardware perspective, but Apple market it as though it's the latest and greatest thing on the market, when in reality a lot of it is just hype. The One X screen is actually better than the 4S screen yet everyone raves about the 4S screen because Apple put a fancy name on it. Yes the battery may be better, however Niall since I know you're going to comment about my HOX, I know mine is faulty and I get significantly less than Fooby, Ed, Curt, Sam, or my mum do with their phones.

Software wise, (in my opinion) Android is again much better in terms of customisation and how easily the vast majority of Android devices can be rooted (jailbroken) to unlock further features such as overclocking or undervolting. In this department though, in reality you're comparing apples to oranges (excuse the pun), being that Android OS and applications are designed to a set standard, but still have to cater for an extremely large variation of devices and operating systems, while to develop an application for the iPhone/iPad, you are catering to a smaller number of different phones which means it's much simpler, not to mention Apple is much more strict in terms of making sure applications adhere to their visual guidelines. They also block out some competition in the application market.

Again, that's my personal opinion. I'm not trying to slate the 4S. It's a decent phone, but it's just not what I want out of a phone.

That's all well and good but a lot of people don't want to have to jailbreak phones or mess with clocking them...some people just want a smart phone that simply does what it says on the tin and I think that's why apple have probably got the biggest share of the market (I know some will say android but android is based over a much bigger range of hardware than iOS).
And sorry Scott but last time I read, the iPhone still has a better screen than any other phone out there in terms of pixels per square mm (and can't wait to see the same screen on the new MBP)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
IPhone pixel per square inch..326
One x PPI...312
But the s3 has the best 306 PPI :-P
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well, I would have though most phones do "what it says on the tin" under/overclocking and rooting etc are just options available should you decide you want to, its not something you have to do. I have a non rooted sensation xe with running stock rom and i'm more than happy with it. I do like to have the option of being able to tinker with things though.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
My phone 352 ppi :-P

Sorry I got the wrong... It's only 342 ppi

And a no air gap display for outdoor ledgeability and mobile bravia engine for enhanced media consumption

and 12 mp camera with exmor R sensor for night photography

I <3 my phone
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2012, 12:49 PM)Niall Wrote: That's all well and good but a lot of people don't want to have to jailbreak phones or mess with clocking them...some people just want a smart phone that simply does what it says on the tin and I think that's why apple have probably got the biggest share of the market (I know some will say android but android is based over a much bigger range of hardware than iOS).
And sorry Scott but last time I read, the iPhone still has a better screen than any other phone out there in terms of pixels per square mm (and can't wait to see the same screen on the new MBP)
As Sam said, it's not about whether or not you want to, it's the fact that you can if you want to. You don't need to be rooted to install apps from sources other than the Android Market either. If you want to talk about hardware then you need to compare Apple vs HTC vs Samsung, if you want to compare operating systems then you need to compare Android to iOS.

In terms of ppi yes, it has some 17pixels per inch more, but the resolution on the HTC is much better Smile
Thanks given by:
yeah but a higher resolution on the iphone screen would be pointless because its an inch smaller...and believe me a inch makes the world of difference!

Hardware wise (and going back to the OP), The samsung hardware does seem to be trying to look alot like a iPhone....there must be a reason for that! Except for (imo) all the samsung phones ive used have felt very plastic and like i could crush them in my hand. HTC seems to be much better built but i think the onex is horrible to hold!

awaits warning because ive disagreed with admin....oh wait. not .net
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Great; a funny thread has again gone clever
Dodgy
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2012, 05:14 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Great; a funny thread has again gone clever
Dodgy

oh sorry for having a good conversation. I do apologise Steve! would you like it in writing on your desk?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
At least there's been some decent civilised conversation and not the usual bitching/arguments that arise when phones are mentioned... Don't see what's wrong with it. There wasn't exactly much else to say on the OP
Thanks given by:
lmao
You just been dumped mate? You're in a vicious mood today?
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2012, 05:22 PM)ginge191 Wrote: lmao
You just been dumped mate? You're in a vicious mood today?

not at all. Just dont see why its a problem that everyones having a decent conversation......and im a sarcastic lady garden
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Pretty sure I was also being sarcastic... I couldn't give a shit if people want to discuss sensibly about something like this, infact, I adhere to it; I always mention people to stop trolling my threads... Get off your high chair mate and chill out lol
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2012, 05:16 PM)Niall Wrote:
Quote:Great; a funny thread has again gone clever
Dodgy
oh sorry for having a good conversation. I do apologise Steve! would you like it in writing on your desk?
If you do write a letter, remember to use pen, not crayon.
Thanks given by:
lmao and address it to "Sir"
Kthanksbye
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2012, 05:28 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Pretty sure I was also being sarcastic... I couldn't give a shit if people want to discuss sensibly about something like this, infact, I adhere to it; I always mention people to stop trolling my threads... Get off your high chair mate and chill out lol

but there was no trolling going on in this thread? not your way anyway. you certainly dont come across sarcastic most of the time. Just come across as youve got the hump because people have changed the topic on a thread you havent commented in since the beginning.
might not be meant to be that way but comes across like it

and ive eaten all my crayola. only got the old berol felt tip pens left for my angry letter writing! (except for blue....blue tastes nice)
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
In all fairness I havnt really looked at the thread since I started; the whole thing is most likely a hoax but was a funny thing to post up. Again Neil, I couldn't care less what people post on a public forum, so I'll say again, chill out..

Honestly, you think I wanted or would be excited by 3 pages on the original story? Bitch please.
Thanks given by:
well dont kknow. you obviously wanted some form of response otherwise you wouldnt of posted it up?
no ones getting shitty so no one needs to chill out!??
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Well you seem to have had 2 personal digs across 2 different threads. You must be looking for a response.. Perhaps boredom after being stuck on a train after selling my "OMGfastestcar"
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2012, 05:48 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Well you seem to have had 2 personal digs across 2 different threads. You must be looking for a response.. Perhaps boredom after being stuck on a train after selling my "OMGfastestcar"

No digs. Bit of trolling maybe on your car sale thread but in all fairness i forgot your not a fan of being trolled....
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xbox geek help Chris306 4 1,816 28-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Last Post: luke306rallye
  Massive geek out right now!! bashbarnard 3 1,179 28-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  FUUUUUUU AA!! Trolling B*stards! Ed Doe 21 5,069 18-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Last Post: puglove