Geek trolling on an epic scale!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geek trolling on an epic scale!
paperblog Wrote:Tim Cook (Apple CEO) received a call from Samsung CEO explaining that they will pay $1 billion dollars for the fine recently ruled against the South Korean company in this way.

{ Full story found here }

For anyone that doesnt know about this story; basically Apple are attempting to sue samsung for 5 of their products which infringe on the Apple patents and breach them. This is just part of the story... hillarious lmao

{ More of the lawsuit here }
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I couldn't work out whether this was true or not as it hasn't been reported on any major news site.

It sounds like an internet hoax to me, the geeks just want it to be funny.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
...the lawsuit is all real, as for the payment method, may just be a hoax, who knows , still a fairly epic way to deliver some moneys!
Thanks given by:
Apple need to do one really. Patent trolls of the highest order. They are simply trying to muscle everyone else out of the market.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
If that payment method is true then fair play to samsung and a epic idea Smile

Thanks given by:
thats sooooo jokes lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah it is true i saw it on the news on Monday or Tuesday... Infringements such as ; the shape of the device ie. rectangle with rounded off corners!! and the way the screen moves while scrolling in a list!! To put it in perspective its like if Henry Ford turned around Years and Years ago saying.. "right guys ive patented the idea of a metal box with four wheels on it, Anyone who uses this idea will get sued" PFFT Pathetic... I hope apple choke on their own success and die!
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2012, 03:53 PM)kyleo92 Wrote: I hope apple choke on their own success and die!

lmao

oh wait...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2012, 03:53 PM)kyleo92 Wrote: I hope apple choke on their own success and die!

F*ckin repped!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
My gold plated butt-plug business is being sued by Apple.
Apparently they have a patent for overpriced crap for arseholes.
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lmao
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Lawsuit is real and rightly so. It isn't just the shape there suing over. Apple developed all the internals of the phone and contracted most of it out to Samsung to manufacturer and they basically stole their designs for a few of their phones. That's why all new apple mobile devices are now made by Foxconn. Samsung shot them selfs in the foot really because apparently apple were paying them literally billions a year to make their products. Greed really!
Somehow think that story is a hoax though. Can't exactly see professional businesmen doing that.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Where would one get 20 billion 5cent coins from lol!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2012, 06:27 PM)Jake Wrote: Where would one get 20 billion 5cent coins from lol!

...It's Samsung Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2012, 05:43 PM)Niall Wrote: Lawsuit is real and rightly so. It isn't just the shape there suing over. Apple developed all the internals of the phone and contracted most of it out to Samsung to manufacturer and they basically stole their designs for a few of their phones. That's why all new apple mobile devices are now made by Foxconn. Samsung shot them selfs in the foot really because apparently apple were paying them literally billions a year to make their products. Greed really!
Somehow think that story is a hoax though. Can't exactly see professional businesmen doing that.

I agree, what is the point in having patents if people are allowed to break them with no consequences? And whilst yes, the patent regarding the shape is a bit "vague" and daft, the fact that it was stolen is wrong.

(29-08-2012, 06:32 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(29-08-2012, 06:27 PM)Jake Wrote: Where would one get 20 billion 5cent coins from lol!

...It's Samsung Dodgy

Doesn't matter who they are, they can't just mint as many coins as they like. And I doubt anyone in the US has that quantity of 5 cent coins just lying around ready for a big company to "use".
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Tbh it probably isn't vague. I couldn't go and patent a new laptop with say a 42" screen and then sue every other company because they copied the clam shell design I've used.....like all laptops do.
In order to patent something, it has to be uniquely different and although the iPhone might not look too different from other phones on the surface, the build and general construction method may/will be vastly different.

And no it doesn't matter if your Samsung or some corner shop dealing crack under the counter. You can't just go and get that many penny's. Only a ginger would believe that....

Tbh I'm not a fan of android software. Htc hardware however is good (all be it not as good a build quality as apple stuff) but Samsung never has been good at making phones and probably never will be. There shite.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
True, I didn't mean vague, I meant generic but used completely the wrong word! But even then you're right, the actual patent will be something very specific or they wouldn't be able to patent it.
Thanks given by:
This must be over the S3, iv had the Ifail and iv now got a S3 and its far better than the Ifail
Thanks given by:
What's wrong with apple products? Tbh I have found them to be ultra reliable they do what I want when I want, my iPhone 3GS has been smashed, driven over, dropped in water and Iam on it now!! The only over phone I had that has done the same was my old Nokia, and I mean old!! As In no camera ha ha, funny how many times my mates have asked me to google something as their htc or the like ain't got no.battery left
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2012, 08:47 PM)Jonny b Wrote: What's wrong with apple products? Tbh I have found them to be ultra reliable they do what I want when I want, my iPhone 3GS has been smashed, driven over, dropped in water and Iam on it now!! The only over phone I had that has done the same was my old Nokia, and I mean old!! As In no camera ha ha, funny how many times my mates have asked me to google something as their htc or the like ain't got no.battery left

I agree entirely, my Macbook is now 5 years old and still going strong! The only thing slowing it down these days is my boredband speed (seeing as I only ever browse the 'net when I'm at home).
Thanks given by:
The thing is a lot of people say that apple stuff is over priced. Them people have clearly never seen them in detail because I've never used a product of such good build quality before. My iPhone has been down the stairs onto a wood floor, dropped on numerous pavements and drives and launched 6ft through the air into the road when I slipped on some ice (serves me right trying to carry two cups of coffee, in the snow on my phone). There built so well it makes it worth the extra

Awaits 4way to come and say nope your wrong my old android is more powerful than a space shuttle.....
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(29-08-2012, 09:18 PM)Niall Wrote: Awaits 4way to come and say nope your wrong my old android is more powerful than a space shuttle.....

Technically I think my wristwatch is more powerful than the original space shuttles! Which of course means that the Android can't be more powerful!
Thanks given by:
Well IMO it is over priced... But plenty of people are willing to pay it. I don't like Apple products myself, only thing I'd/have owned is an iPod. But that broke.

They are well put together, but they definitely have a weak spot - the screen. Pretty much everyone I know has/has had at some point a broken screen.

At the end of the day, they're very good at one thing. Advertising...
Thanks given by:
I'm the opposite I love their products I've just never liked their work ethics, I hate how they brainwash people intothinking that they have created something new and because of their financial backing they can lead us to believe t hat it's the only viable option.. I'm talking about this from a mobile device point of view not a mac OS X point. It just used to annoy me when I used to work a phones4u and people would say stupid things like 'oh wow you can 'facetime' that video calling sounds amazing ( term I'm ssorry video calling has been around for at least 7 years now on a phone) or wow iCloud is amazing it automatically saves my photos, I've been using Microsoft skydrive for 4 years now that offers 25gb online storage and automatic backup of photos'

..but people see a tv advert with a white backdrop and some minimalist font with an apple logo and people and expect a fantastic new 'invention'

Anyway rant over im tired

Thanks given by:
Yeah they do seem to blag a bit but one thing I do think they do is improve on what other companies already do.
Yeah you've got sky drive but that doesn't sync all your devices together instantly and back them all up without the need of extra software or dragging stuff to other locations. It's so handy for me if I download a song on my iPad or computer and it's instantly on my iPhone ready for when I go for a walk and listen to music.
Think the only thing they do that is new is their hardware and this is why Samsung are getting raped in court by them!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
The mobile market is a warzone anyway.. Lawsuits are just an act of defence.. Wish their marketplace went back to what it was in the 90's

Thanks given by:
Tbh mobiles like the 3310 were epic. They were built to survive a nail bomb, they made calls, they text and they had snake.
Now it's like owning a computer that just conveniently phones people. But that's just the way times change I suppose. I couldn't live without smart phones in my job
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(29-08-2012, 09:46 PM)Niall Wrote: Yeah they do seem to blag a bit but one thing I do think they do is improve on what other companies already do.
Yeah you've got sky drive but that doesn't sync all your devices together instantly and back them all up without the need of extra software or dragging stuff to other locations. It's so handy for me if I download a song on my iPad or computer and it's instantly on my iPhone ready for when I go for a walk and listen to music.
Think the only thing they do that is new is their hardware and this is why Samsung are getting raped in court by them!

They are good at what they do. I suppose the main thing that pisses me off is that fact that they are such a premium product and people buy them for the sake of buying, they should be kept to a niche that uses and understands them..

You understand how they work and they benefit your lifestyle.. Where the stupid people I used to sserve would have a white iPhone because my sister's friends uncles.brothers got one

Btw I'm not a hater I've got a 2012 MacBook pro it's just the phones/iPad that I rant about hehe
Love the mountain lion software. Just wish they would do away with a computer app store lol

Thanks given by:
Ordered a new MBP from apple today. Skint now but can't wait till it turns up on Friday. Mountain lion looks good. Have put used any of there OSs since snow leopard.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
One of the big things for me is ease of use all apple products work the same. anyways! May not trouble you youths lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xbox geek help Chris306 4 1,808 28-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Last Post: luke306rallye
  Massive geek out right now!! bashbarnard 3 1,167 28-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  FUUUUUUU AA!! Trolling B*stards! Ed Doe 21 5,063 18-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Last Post: puglove