Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT
Wasnt much lag tbh when I had it but was only in a k14 for a while but god did it make a difference Smile just need to hear it with the turbo on, sure you dont want to sell it to me Wink
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2013, 08:50 PM)sam Wrote: Wasnt much lag tbh when I had it but was only in a k14 for a while but god did it make a difference Smile just need to hear it with the turbo on, sure you dont want to sell it to me Wink

haha im defo not selling it after all the work ive put into it. Cant wait to get it on the road
Thanks given by:
Had a test fit with the front bumper the other night. Fits pretty well to be fair. Going to get it colour coded to match the rest if the car.

[Image: null_zps23cfb2c5.jpg]

[Image: null_zpscd5851c8.jpg]

I made some brackets for the top of the intercooler

[Image: null_zps6d57734e.jpg]

I've also taken the rear bumper off and will be putting a standard 1 back on. But while it has no rear bumper I pressure washed the rear of the car and the rear wheel arches.

[Image: null_zps8a4e8cdb.jpg]

I have also blown as much mud as I can out the the rear arches and every where else the mud had managed to get. I was the left with this on the floor

[Image: null_zps8dfcfd90.jpg]

So this weekends project is to clean up the rear arches and the rear end. Stone chip it and then paint. It's all solid just doesn't look very nice

[Image: null_zpse3626afb.jpg]

I got a horn fit last night but it doesn't seem to be working ok will have to also try and sort that out
Thanks given by:
so annoyed that ive run out of money this month. looks real nice though dude Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Real tidy build going on here, loving the intercooler setup. Good work chap Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys but I can't take any credit for the intercooler set up as I just brought it off Sam. I do like the way it is routed though just need to find somewhere to mount a screen washer bottle
Thanks given by:
Looks alot better in your bay than it did mine dude Smile
Thanks given by:
Wow great!!!!
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Got a little bit more done over the weekend. I got he horn mounted and eventually working

[Image: null_zps2f4eb326.jpg]

[Image: null_zps79719525.jpg]

I got the breather filter fitted to the catch tank

[Image: null_zps7bae78dd.jpg]

Got the rear arches and the under side of the car all cleaned up and sprayed with stone chip and then a coat of wax oyl. Made it look a lot tidier

[Image: null_zps8109f34b.jpg]

[Image: null_zps30126bf6.jpg]

So this weeks plans are to sort out the air intake pipe work and maybe sort out a screen wash bottle. Im sure i will do a few other little bits and pieces as well
Thanks given by:
Got a date for the first drive in mind? Im getting all excited!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 07:15 AM)Tom Wrote: Got a date for the first drive in mind? Im getting all excited!

Hopefully September. Its just a pain with sorting out tax and changing the insurance over
Thanks given by:
Thats quite a long way off i could restrain myself for that long! Lol, Im sure you'lll go for a spin down a back road or round an industrial estate way before then!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah maybe. Got a bit more body work I want doing so might take it for a spin to the bodywork workshop Smile
Thanks given by:
Got a little bit more done after work. I got a new pair of hand brake cables fitted and i fitted some headlights. Fitted some twin optics that i have black masked. Got them fitted but for some reason i dont have any side lights working and dip beam goes out when main beam is on so i need to fit a twin optic stalk as well

[Image: null_zpsf44ebb63.jpg]

[Image: null_zps1f75d664.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Does that four poster do the shake the wheel thing to find play? My mot tester has an epic one, i thought it was awesome!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
The bit that does the shaking is just infront of the turn plates so yeah the ramp does have the shaking thing lol. We havent had the ramp very long though so havent used it a massive amount yet
Thanks given by:
Slowly but surely its getting there. Got a rear bumper fitted

[Image: null_zps27eabd04.jpg]

I cleaned up the sills and stone chipped and then painted them. Need to get the side skirts fitted

[Image: null_zpsa579944e.jpg]

[Image: null_zps91e777fe.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsda612c7c.jpg]

Got a screen wash bottle fitted. I managed to get 1 to fit where i wanted it to. It a pretty tight fit but i think it looks tidy

[Image: null_zps1b318ee3.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsbf32df7b.jpg]

Got the grill fitted so its pretty much just the bumper to go back on

[Image: null_zpsf2141483.jpg]

[Image: null_zps172ad4e4.jpg]

Hopefully get the air intake this weekend and poss mot it
Thanks given by:
Big Grin starting to look good bud!
Thanks given by:
I'll be interested in this air intake pipe route.
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2013, 03:54 PM)mr_fish Wrote: I'll be interested in this air intake pipe route.

So am I as I had a look after work and its doesn't look like its going to be much fun. Have more if a play tomorrow

(19-07-2013, 03:46 PM)sam Wrote: Big Grin starting to look good bud!

It's a black ph1 so it's always looked good Smile. It is getting there now though
Thanks given by:
Got the air intake sorted today. Its quite a tight fit between the inlet manifold and brake servo but i think it sould be fine. I think for some reason it seem to be holding it back though but its difficult to know as i havent really driven it yet.

[Image: null_zps0a5155cd.jpg]

[Image: null_zps97843b04.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsc797bdd4.jpg]

[Image: null_zps81e3c6c7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Would you not have been better coming straight up between the brake fluid reservoir and side of engine bay?

Thanks given by:
Boost pipe in the way . wouldn't be able to mount filter
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2013, 10:29 PM)Sambarker Wrote: Would you not have been better coming straight up between the brake fluid reservoir and side of engine bay?

Like jimbo said there is no room there cuz of the boost pipe
Thanks given by:
Got some black 90deg silicone bends today from modified mania so all the boost pipe joints all match and these are a little longer so the pipes seem to fit a bit better

[Image: null_zpsc7039779.jpg]

I do think that something is not right with the air filter though. When i rev it right up the piping pulls together like its sucking a lot and not getting enough air. But it is hard to explain. I need to take the air filter off and then see what it does
Thanks given by:
Looks loads cleaner dude this going to be at fcs?
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 10:21 PM)sam Wrote: Looks loads cleaner dude this going to be at fcs?

Afraid not Sad
Thanks given by:
looks great chap...looks quite oem
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What size is the air intake pipe? The flexible one.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2013, 01:38 PM)Tom Wrote: What size is the air intake pipe? The flexible one.

The flexi pipe is 70mm and I got a silicone reducer for the turbo 51mm to 70mm
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,654 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Black Ph1 D-Turbo project (black betty) doogle-d turbo 25 9,951 16-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Frosty's S16 6 speed Frosty 244 94,313 04-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Frosty