Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT
(03-07-2013, 12:14 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Im afraid a local guy bought them in the end chap, couldnt say no as he lived locally / offered me what I wanted...sorry

No worries. Did you sell the spacers with them?

I got some challengers so I will just get them painted up
Thanks given by:
No still have a set of 4 x 20mm bolt on spacers with bolts
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
tidy work on that exhaust downpipe. puts my lash up to shame.

so what's left before it on the open road?
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2013, 12:27 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: No still have a set of 4 x 20mm bolt on spacers with bolts

The spacers that bolt to the hub and then then wheel to the spacer?
Thanks given by:
indeed
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2013, 12:33 PM)mr_fish Wrote: tidy work on that exhaust downpipe. puts my lash up to shame.

The exhaust ain't perfect but it should do the job. Just glad my mate helped me out with it as my welding skills ain't very good.

Still a fair bit to do before it's on the road. Most the engine work is all done now though so I just need to finish the exhaust and sort and the intercooler bits.

Then I got some tidying up to do and fit the front brakes and a bit of body work. A few other bits and bobs as well
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2013, 12:44 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(03-07-2013, 12:33 PM)mr_fish Wrote: tidy work on that exhaust downpipe. puts my lash up to shame.

The exhaust ain't perfect but it should do the job. Just glad my mate helped me out with it as my welding skills ain't very good.

Still a fair bit to do before it's on the road. Most the engine work is all done now though so I just need to finish the exhaust and sort and the intercooler bits.

Then I got some tidying up to do and fit the front brakes and a bit of body work. A few other bits and bobs as well

and you say it won't be ready for FCS...you got 3 weeks odd. good progress though Wink
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2013, 12:47 PM)mr_fish Wrote:
(03-07-2013, 12:44 PM)Frosty Wrote:

and you say it won't be ready for FCS...you got 3 weeks odd. good progress though Wink

Haha. I wish I got my ass in gear earlier and I would of had it ready. It's just having to sort the tax and insurance out as well which is a pain
Thanks given by:
Got a few bits done today. Got some gti6 front brakes painted

[Image: null_zps58400e25.jpg]

Slam pannel painted

[Image: null_zps9a3e6a97.jpg]

How the engine bay is looking at the moment. Got most of the intercooler pipes beaded as well

[Image: null_zps442874a8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Got the exhaust finished off today. Pretty happy with it to be fair. I did want to go for a stainless steel system but i want to keep costs down a bit. A few pics

[Image: null_zpsdc9f761d.jpg]

[Image: null_zps1cae09b5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Get that centre box out
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2013, 09:16 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Get that centre box out

I fort about it but i dont think it will make a massive about of difference TBH. Can always cut it open and empty it out
Thanks given by:
Good progress chap Smile
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
can see that anti-roll bar shining away. Wink . jealous of your tidy exhaust. purring like a kitten yet?
Thanks given by:
Purring like a tank you mean aha!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2013, 11:01 AM)mr_fish Wrote: can see that anti-roll bar shining away. Wink . jealous of your tidy exhaust. purring like a kitten yet?

Haha yeah prob a waste of time but looks good at the moment lol.

Well it should like a tractor which is what I like. No to loud but I haven't revved it right up yet
Thanks given by:
how is your project car so clean? mines looking like a full on barn build now haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2013, 04:49 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: how is your project car so clean? mines looking like a full on barn build now haha

I have been cleaning it as i go like painting the engine bay
Thanks given by:
Got a bit more done over the weekend. Got the gti6 front brakes on with new discs and pads and also fitted some braided brake line all round

[Image: null_zpsbfe1a023.jpg]

Then had a test fit of the intercooler and pipe work

[Image: null_zps8920a154.jpg]

Still got a lot to do but its getting there slowly
Thanks given by:
Looking good man. Get them hoses from HEL? Look identical to the ones ive just got for my hispecs.
Did you have any trouble undoing the union where it fixes to the copper line in the car? Not looking forward to tackling that tomorrow!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 09:03 PM)Niall Wrote: Looking good man. Get them hoses from HEL? Look identical to the ones ive just got for my hispecs.
Did you have any trouble undoing the union where it fixes to the copper line in the car? Not looking forward to tackling that tomorrow!

Cheers. Yeah i got them from HEL at a car show last year. I had to make up new bit of copper brake pipe for the fronts as the nuts wouldn't turn on the pipe. Also on the fronts where they join the metal brake pipes the mounting bit was different to the standard fitment. I had to make the hole a bit bigger. I got some lines from swampy for the S16 and in my opinion there are better/easier to fit
Thanks given by:
Ah great. Not looking forward to trying to get them apart at all tomorrow!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yours might not be to bad though as your car is newer and i live in the countryside so there always cover in mud. Use plenty of WD40
Thanks given by:
Yeah i hope so! Ive never really looked. How is the steel line fixed to the body on that small plate? Im assuming its just a lock nut holding it on so will probably slip and try and twist the steel pipe?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 09:16 PM)Niall Wrote: Yeah i hope so! Ive never really looked. How is the steel line fixed to the body on that small plate? Im assuming its just a lock nut holding it on so will probably slip and try and twist the steel pipe?

That is correct.

Its in a bracket mounted to the inner arch. Same principle as the rear beam where the copper meets the flexi Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeah there is the mount at the back where the metal pipe joins to the other brake line. Its the brake pipe nut that gets stuck to the brake pipe. If it starts to twist the pipe give it a spray and work the the nut forwards and back. A brake pipe spanner will be handy to have as well
Thanks given by:
Bit more done. I put some silicone vac hose around the wholes for the intercooler pipes to go through to protect them and stop the banging

[Image: null_zpse5154f00.jpg]

[Image: null_zps31b389bc.jpg]

Got the slim line fans wired up by using the orignal fans wiring. Tried to do a tidy job but its still not the best

[Image: null_zpscb0180c2.jpg]

Got an oil catch tank fitted. Just need to fit a filter

[Image: null_zps6babe562.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsac4e6813.jpg]

Fitted the slam pannel. Making some brackets for the top of the intercooler to bolt to the slam pannel at the moment

[Image: null_zps50cc9a28.jpg]

[Image: null_zps5411cefa.jpg]

[Image: null_zps243ab46e.jpg]

Also swapped the driver side wing for another 1 i had as the 1 on the car had some rust coming through. Will update with some more soon im sure
Thanks given by:
Looks amazing Big Grin
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That intercooler is pretty huge! Cant wait to get my car done then buy a massive sexy intercooler like that! Looks like its all coming together now. Completely opposite to me lol!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah it is a fair size so will be interesting to see if there is much lag. But it does look good!

Its getting there now. Still a fair bit to do but it seem to be taking shape now
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,626 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Black Ph1 D-Turbo project (black betty) doogle-d turbo 25 9,897 16-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Frosty's S16 6 speed Frosty 244 93,926 04-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Frosty