Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT
Good progress mate
Thanks given by:
Finally theres some hope for fcs. Get cracking mate
Thanks given by:
Got a bit more done to the engine today and got the turbo and inlet manifold bolted on. I will now see about getting the actuator bolted on and an oil feed pipe made. I got to grab a few bits from my 306 spare so more can put more back together

[Image: null_zps9b88cde4.jpg]

[Image: null_zps134c7a0b.jpg]

[Image: null_zps56ba366f.jpg]

I have also started to paint a gti6 front anti roll bar to get fitted. Hopefully more updates to come this week
Thanks given by:
Looking good dude have to take me out in this to let me now how it was going to go like
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
interesting route for the turbo pipe. definitely will look tidy. for custom oil feed pipes, i used Exeter hose and hydraulics in marsh barton. took my turbo in, the old T2 oil line and a picture of what I wanted and the chap there made me a braided one up in the same morning. done it for £25 cash.
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2013, 10:10 PM)sam Wrote: Looking good dude have to take me out in this to let me now how it was going to go like

Yeah will have to take you out in it when it's do. I duno if it will be ready for FCS I don't really want to rush it. Do you know If the exhaust bit for the turbo is lined up to go down the tunnel?

(10-06-2013, 09:09 AM)mr_fish Wrote: interesting route for the turbo pipe. definitely will look tidy. for custom oil feed pipes, i used Exeter hose and hydraulics in marsh barton. took my turbo in, the old T2 oil line and a picture of what I wanted and the chap there made me a braided one up in the same morning. done it for £25 cash.

Cheers mate. I think that a mate at work knows someone in hemyock who makes oil pipes so he should be coming to have a look this week. Thanks anyway though. I might get back to you if he can't help me
Thanks given by:
Whats good about this turbo then? Just a much more modern k03?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2013, 01:26 PM)Tom Wrote: Whats good about this turbo then? Just a much more modern k03?

To be honest im not sure. Sam would be the best man to ask as I brought the turbo off him. We will see what its like when I get the car all finished Smile
Thanks given by:
Got a bit more done today. I got the car up to the wash bay at work and gave the engine bay a steam clean off as i fort i may as well do it properly while the engine is out. Got some paint flacking off and some rust coming through so i will get that all sorted and cleaned up.

I have got an oil feed pipe sorted as we came up with a brain wave to try the standard T2 oil line and it is a close to perfect fit with a little bit of work. So im really happy about that as that saves me sorting a new feed pipe.

[Image: null_zpse58d6fcd.jpg]

I need to sort out the return pipe now which i need to get some 14mm pipe for so hopefully sort that tomorrow. And then i think it just the actuator that needs sorting and that should be the turbo all sorted.
Thanks given by:
Looking good !
Thanks given by:
Got the turbo oil return sorted. Not the best of jobs but it will go the job so thats all that matters.

Might try and see tomorrow about getting the actuator mounted. Also need to finish painting up some of the bits that i have started and got a subframe to clean up and paint as the 1 on the car needs painting but i cant really take it of the car so go a spare 1 i will sort out.

Will also have to see about buying some more bits i will need
Thanks given by:
Got a little more done to this over the weekend. I got the car in on a ramp at work to clean up the engine bay and a few bits underneath which i think it makes sense doing while the engine is out.

Before
[Image: null_zps77d01b39.jpg]

After
[Image: null_zps2c58679c.jpg]

[Image: null_zps57af1b08.jpg]

[Image: null_zps9e664ce3.jpg]

Just need to give some of it a spray over with some black paint to give it a nice finish

A few underneath bits where 306s always seem to go a bit rusty
[Image: null_zps3f09cf71.jpg]

[Image: null_zps2070b17b.jpg]

So i hope to get the engine back in soon. As for the engine i got a few more bits bolted on and i just need to finish mounting the actuator.

I also need to decide what i am goin to do with the exhuast as i have got a new idea but i need to see how it looks when the engine is bolted in
Thanks given by:
Good progress dude, wish I never broke my dt for parts now :/ kinda miss it looking forward to see this Smile
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2013, 10:58 PM)sam Wrote: Good progress dude, wish I never broke my dt for parts now :/ kinda miss it looking forward to see this Smile

TBH when this is finished it will prob be like yours was going to be Smile
Thanks given by:
I finished getting the actuator mounted on. I think it should be ok

[Image: null_zps7203bacb.jpg]
Thanks given by:
coming along nicely dude
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Actuator should be fine there mine fits ok like that Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2013, 05:29 PM)Tom Wrote: Actuator should be fine there mine fits ok like that Smile

Ideal. You run your td04 with the actuator then?
Thanks given by:
Yeah i did and i think the housings are bigger on the td04, its closer to the steering uj than the bulkhead.

Also can you hurry up with this i want to see it working! Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah i know! hopefully the engine will be in next week and poss running
Thanks given by:
Got a fair bit done this weekend. Got the engine all back together ready to go back in

[Image: null_zpsd5e6f99c.jpg]

The engine back in the bay

[Image: null_zps5ae594dd.jpg]

Then got it all back together to fire up. And it started all ok which i was happy about

[Image: null_zpsed7f9cc3.jpg]

[Image: null_zps9d96eff6.jpg]

[Image: null_zps6ceccaec.jpg]

Now that the engine is in i need to see about sorting the exhaust

[Image: null_zps74069e42.jpg]

Hope to get some more done this week and see about the exhaust and the FMIC
Thanks given by:
same stage as mine now Smile race to the finish now? haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Need to get a manual boost controller now mate
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 08:53 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: same stage as mine now Smile race to the finish now? haha

Haha, still got a lot to do. This wont be done in time for FCS Sad

(30-06-2013, 08:56 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Need to get a manual boost controller now mate

Get it all finished first. You see what i mean about the exhaust?
Thanks given by:
Got the exhaust down pipe off the turbo sorted tonight after work with a lot of help from a mate.

[Image: null_zps24ed1fc1.jpg]

[Image: null_zps3ce80bf7.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsaa17a6d5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking good dude Smile wanna sell it to me I miss mine Sad
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2013, 07:21 AM)sam Wrote: Looking good dude Smile wanna sell it to me I miss mine Sad

I owes me way to much to sell it lol
Thanks given by:
Some really nice, tidy, thought out work going on here, credit to the owner!

Look foward to see'ing it up and running!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Cheers Darren! I will have to let you know about the wheels. I think some white challengers will finish it off nicely Smile
Thanks given by:
Im afraid a local guy bought them in the end chap, couldnt say no as he lived locally / offered me what I wanted...sorry
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,617 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Black Ph1 D-Turbo project (black betty) doogle-d turbo 25 9,867 16-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Frosty's S16 6 speed Frosty 244 93,253 04-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Frosty