Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up
(20-03-2015, 07:49 PM)Stef205 Wrote: He's saying "I think a m90 will fit here" lmao

Or where's my battery cover lol 
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Battery cover is in the boot because i now only have one tab left and it does at it pleases lol. Was trying to sort my bastard idle as i had been messing about with the programming and cocked up my idle so it just bounced from 900-1500rpm which made it a bastard to pull away lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Refurbished rear beam now ordered from Stef on here and battery relocation kit ordered Smile
Been struggling to fit everything in the bay and want to try and combat my cold air feed issues before it gets too hot outside so making way for a nice big air filter housing and will order a more efficient IC in a few weeks Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(05-04-2015, 04:53 PM)Niall Wrote: Refurbished rear beam now ordered from Stef on here and battery relocation kit ordered Smile
Been struggling to fit everything in the bay and want to try and combat my cold air feed issues before it gets too hot outside so making way for a nice big air filter housing and will order a more efficient IC in a few weeks Smile
Were did you get a battery relocation kit from?
Thanks given by:
More importantly what's in a relocation kit. I just stripped a scrap BMW for my bits.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Just bought some welding cable, a junction box and a few ends and fittings. It's not a kit as such. Just all the bits I need lol
Also started bidding on a new better inter cooler. Should help with air temps plus I will be refitting the standard air box just not in the standard position Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ah I see. I stripped a BMW out for all my bits. What works, works at the end of the day.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I was going to do that but on eBay youre looking at £25+ delivered for the cable and I know my local scrappy are expensive. I paid £12 for the cable Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
What specs the beam being build to ??

Think i got a fibreglass box and all my cables for 30 ish although you could be a proper pikey and use the original box lol
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2012, 08:28 PM)Niall Wrote:
Toby Wrote:Supercharge it tbh.

Ain't happening. Going to keep it almost standard engine wise. Not even sure if I'm going to fit my K and N as it sounds epic on cam.

A quote from your first page...

Rofl lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2015, 01:08 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(06-04-2015, 12:54 PM)7057sam Wrote: What specs the beam being build to ??

Think i got a fibreglass box and all my cables for 30 ish although you could be a proper pikey and use the original box lol

Just standard spec for now. Will get some B6 rear shocks as and when I can be bothered. Mines slowly on its way out and want to get a new one before my current one is scrap.

(24-05-2012, 08:28 PM)Niall Wrote:
Toby Wrote:Supercharge it tbh.

Ain't happening. Going to keep it almost standard engine wise. Not even sure if I'm going to fit my K and N as it sounds epic on cam.

A quote from your first page...

Rofl lmao

Funnily enough I saw that yesterday and had a good giggle. Also saw the video at about page 8 and forgot what this used to sound like!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I think Tom swayed your opinion on supercharging lol
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2015, 01:30 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: I think Tom swayed your opinion on supercharging lol

Wel considering the rude bastard wouldn't sell me his 205 after he took me out in it, I had no choice but to charge my own car haha
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
lol
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2015, 04:53 PM)Niall Wrote: Refurbished rear beam now ordered from Stef on here.

Since when? i cant remember you asking for one? You wanted it all painted pink didnt you? and yellow bars? youll have to jog my memory if thats wrong lol
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2015, 12:36 PM)Stef205 Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 04:53 PM)Niall Wrote: Refurbished rear beam now ordered from Stef on here.

Since when? i cant remember you asking for one? You wanted it all painted pink didnt you? and yellow bars? youll have to jog my memory if thats wrong lol

Aw hell yes, mr blobby edition GTi6SC!!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I couldn't care what colours it goes. Its under the car! As long as its painted and built professionally, you crack on! Wink

Update!! (well sort of)
My goal for this spring/summer is to sort out my charge temps. Over winter, i was seeing temperatures of about 6 degrees after a far bit of ragging which is pretty win. However last summer, i was seeing 40+ after a lot of ragging which isn't so win albeit that was with a buggered charger.
Anyway, first thing i need to do is get a colder air feed running to the charger. Ive always struggled to get a air box into my engine bay due to the layout of it so I've been thinking and I'm going to relocate the battery to the boot which should be done next weekend with any luck. Although I'm on call so may not get a chance). Im then going to mount the standard 6 air box minus the resonator (for more charger whine Wink ) where my battery should be.
So, anyone thats seen a 14 year old ti air box knows they don't fare well to the weather...so I've cleaned mine up,.....

[attachment=22552]
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Shweet
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
nice and oem Smile

(if oem involved a supercharger)
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Looks good

Will it be fitted before action day ?
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2015, 12:57 PM)7057sam Wrote: Looks good

Will it be fitted before action day ?

Err doubt it now seeing as I've just spent most of my disposable cash this month on this....

[attachment=22590]

Never know, if i can find some cheap battery cable from somewhere then yeah Smile
In other news, my new IC has been dispatched Big Grin
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I have made a start on nialls beam and have managed to mix up a nice colour of pink which im sure he will be happy with Smile will update when i have more progress
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
So possibly the smallest update to date but to me (and some that have been hassling me lots!)

[attachment=22655]

[attachment=22656]

I FINALLY HAVE A DRIVERS WING MIRROR CAP!!!!!

Also, Thought i could hear air leaking...

[attachment=22657]

I need to fix this in somehow. its only held into the TB with a rubber O ring.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
get a new one, they have 4 tabs that lock them into place, they're missing on yours
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
they blow out under any real sort of boost mines siliconed in. Weld the hole up and get a bolt in sensor
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(05-04-2015, 08:22 PM)Niall Wrote: Just bought some welding cable, a junction box and a few ends and fittings. It's not a kit as such. Just all the bits I need lol
Also started bidding on a new better inter cooler. Should help with air temps plus I will be refitting the standard air box just not in the standard position Smile

If your gonna get a new cooler i wouldn't use anything less than an AH motorsport fab one. I didnt believe the hype untill i saw a Forge cooler core compared to an AH one.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2015, 06:43 PM)Niall Wrote: Err doubt it now seeing as I've just spent most of my disposable cash this month on this....
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=22590]

How are you finding those rubber queen tyres mate as I've been looking as a set or something similar for my new bike
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2015, 02:45 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 08:22 PM)Niall Wrote: Just bought some welding cable, a junction box and a few ends and fittings. It's not a kit as such. Just all the bits I need lol

If your gonna get a new cooler i wouldn't use anything less than an AH motorsport fab one. I didnt believe the hype untill i saw a Forge cooler core compared to an AH one.

Yeah Except we don't all have a minimum of £250 to spend on a IC lol
Well, my Forge cooler turned up today. Its bigger than i thought lol

[attachment=22664]

[attachment=22665]

[attachment=22666]

[attachment=22667]

I thought it was the same height as the original R26 intercooler, just thicker and as you can see, its quite a bit taller so i had to fettle the cross member a bit to get it to fit but eventually managed! Also had to fettle the bumper a bit to fit it but nothing major

[attachment=22668]

[attachment=22669]

[attachment=22670]

[attachment=22671]

Took it for a drive with the laptop plugged in to measure air temps. To start with, temps dropped quickly as soon as i pulled away then suddenly shot up to about 40 degrees paired with a almighty whistle on boost.....air temperature sensor popped out! Need to make a plate to fit over it to hold it in place as it is only push fit and mine is rather worn/missing tabs.

Need to get it out for a nice long drive to see how much better it is!

Dum, not sure yet mate. Its been ridden to the end of my road and back so far lol.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
How you finding the MotoV2s - had nothing but problems with mine when I had them...

Boiled them repeatedly when I was in France no matter what pads I used - used to send the fluid black in a few rides.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2015, 07:46 PM)Ruan Wrote: How you finding the MotoV2s - had nothing but problems with mine when I had them...

Boiled them repeatedly when I was in France no matter what pads I used - used to send the fluid black in a few rides.

Like i say, i haven't really ridden the bike except up the road and back but first impressions, they don't inspire me with a huge amount of confidence. My old bike has 10 year old Hope M4s (the old black and gold ones) and they feel much better but i will see on Saturday when i take the Spesh out to Leith Hill! They will be up for sale anyway because Hope now do the E4 tech 3s in purple! lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,863 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,907 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,732 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese