Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up
(21-02-2013, 07:27 PM)Scott Wrote:
(21-02-2013, 07:26 PM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(21-02-2013, 07:23 PM)Poodle Wrote: Turbo timer? Please be a turbo timer. Shy

He needs to learn to tell the time first!!!

/troll

Twat.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
heated seat circuitry?
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 07:36 PM)SRowell Wrote: heated seat circuitry?

Nah he don't need that!! Not with all the friction his arse gets lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Teasmade?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Circuit board? Wink
Thanks given by:
just gone throught your whole project thread Niall. I like the car and it still looks OEM on the outside so win win - you've spent your cash on items that give you driver rewards, not just look good Smile

Is it the timer for your automatic lights?
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Cheers Smile

Nope. And I still haven't got it installed. Might do that tomorrow!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
you're welcome mate, i don't usually like dark blue cars lol

crack on and then you can do the electrics in my french shed lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Well today i bought a nice upgrade. Some Bilstein B8 front shocks. They are second hand and are missing a bit of power coat here and there so will be getting a coat of paint before fitting to protect them. Will be picking them up after my holiday and then i need some adjustable droplinks Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Not much going on with this really! Havent even driven it too much what with stupid amounts of work however summer and show season are on the way so time to get it ready! Firstly, these arrived the other day

Will be fitting these on Saturday along with a set of adjustable drop links.

I did promise my self i wouldnt spend much on the car this year and spend more on driving it however ive just made a deal with someone on something rather ninja which i really dont need but oh well!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ninja mods are ninja

Can't wait till it's sorted, starting to love your car lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I know. Its really sad how excited i am about it! lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Whats yours lowered by? And I want your plasmer dials Big Grin
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good shout on the B8's, very compliant ride, lovely flat cornering, the more you push the better they seem to feel. Excellent for your average B road.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2013, 08:32 PM)sam Wrote: Whats yours lowered by? And I want your plasmer dials Big Grin

30mm on the front. Was 30 on the back but when i put the 23.5mm bars in the beam, i forgot to take into account the sag and its up at standard height lol. Hoping to drop slightly more with the B8s as they are shorter then i will set the rear height to match.
Oh and tough you aint having my dials. I like being the only person with them! (for now)

(20-03-2013, 09:15 PM)lewisdmz Wrote: Good shout on the B8's, very compliant ride, lovely flat cornering, the more you push the better they seem to feel. Excellent for your average B road.

Good to hear. I was really happy with how the B4s ride. Great mix of compliance and comfort yet everyone on the 6 forum says that B8s and eibach springs are the best set up about whilst retaining a bit of comfort lol.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I'm looking forward to getting those B8s on this weekend! I'll be interested to see how they compare to coilovers (not ebay ones, mind) given that they're of comparable price when they're new. I know that's not what you paid but still Smile
Thanks given by:
I'll be interested to hear your verdict on them as well. I think I'm swaying towards gaz's due to wanting a -50 drop rather than -30, but I haven't completely decided
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You going to paint them first? They look a mess, need to be more shiny shiny haha!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(21-03-2013, 07:25 PM)Poodle Wrote: You going to paint them first? They look a mess, need to be more shiny shiny haha!

Nah cbalol

they arent that bad. That photo was taken before they were cleaned. Now they are cleaned they look much better!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Just paint them you lazy arse! Tongue Even if it's just slapping some hammerite on for some protection
Thanks given by:
yeah i might.....one day. lol. Nah will see how much time i get on saturday. Might just bang a coat of bright yellow hammerite on them whilst on the car lol.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Adjustable drop links have arrived. Need a bloody good clean but other than that, are in really good nick. Also got some new shock boots for when i fit my B8s tomorrow as the ones on there are in several pieces!

[Image: image_zpsf1be6217.jpg]

Me and Scott will be fitting my new shiny suspension parts and ninja parts tomorrow and if i get the time, dropping the rear down to match the fronts.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Well ive got to say a massive thanks to Scott today! I woke up this morning to a text from him. "its snowing badly here". Look out the window and "nah its not here". 2 minutes later......shit. its snowing heavily. Scott turns up at 10 and straight down the cafe to try and wait out the snow. Nope still snowing. Scott drives me all over the place trying to find something to fit my new ninjaness but couldnt so back home at 1, cup of coffee and brave the weather!
Luckily everything came apart fairly nicely so we wernt out there long. Probably took about a hour to swap the springs onto the new shocks, fit the shocks and drop links.
Got the links bolted up but not adjusted so they are far to short. Will wait till its dry one evening and get them properly set up.
Due to the weather and shit tyres we didnt drive it far. Just down the road so i could make sure nothing was knocking. First impressions hard around the roundabout (well as hard as possible in the rain lol) were very good! More pics and updates tomorrow hopefully.

Oh and big thanks to dum dum for driving over to West Drayton for me to pick up bits for my ninjaness which should be on tomorrow Big Grin
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Boooooorrrrrriiiinnnnngggg
Ninja this
Ninja that

No pictures this
Where's the progress that?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
believe me with the weather today, i didnt want to get pics. just wanted to get the wheels back on and get it back on the ground. Need to jack it up again tomorrow so will get pics of shiny shiny Big Grin
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Haha :-) wool shine shiney
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
f*cking ninjas! Be bloody power rangers next! Lol
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
That sounds like fun. Definitely being power rangers next time.
Thanks given by:
Hahaha
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2013, 11:30 AM)Scott Wrote: That sounds like fun. Definitely being power rangers next time.

Can I come next time? Ill come as peter griffen!
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,864 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,911 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,732 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese