Cummins Drift Truck a la Dum-Dum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cummins Drift Truck a la Dum-Dum
Visit your local scrap yard and get five finger discount. They're in most cars these days.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2016, 02:50 AM)C2K Wrote: Visit your local scrap yard and get five finger discount. They're in most cars these days.

Can't go into most of the yards here these days, think the nearest one is 20 miles away so it will cost me more to drive there and get them than it will just to buy a bag of 120 off ebay.

Just a f*cking pain in the arse finding a picture of which fuse takes which amps and slotting in a load of new ones. Engine bay ones are all gone too.
Thanks given by:
Is there no diagram to state what is what, in case something goes pop?
On the metro, where you go in for the fuse box, on the back of the cover, there is a diagram of fuses, stating bank number, what its for and fuse amp. Also an Haynes manual if you can get one, should tell you too.

Or see if you can find one on ebay been broken, and ask for the full fuse boxes with the relays etc, As that you could save you a f*ck on, plus its a spare too. Just say you have had an electrical fire and you need to replace the two fuse boxes.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-ranger-br...Sw~oFXGMoV

It is a pain in the arse dum dum, when you have to correct things. Try and make your life easier, even though it can be pricy but at least you know you are covered. Less f*cking about with the electrics the better.
What was the story why this was engineless anyway?
Thanks given by:
I have a scrap van/car in dunsmore you can rob for fuses, i know the transit has small fuses, not sure about the 306.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2016, 04:57 PM)procta Wrote: Is there no diagram to state what is what, in case something goes pop?

What was the story why this was engineless anyway?
They say beside the holes what they are but not the ampage so I don't know what to put in.

It was engineless as the bloke selling it bought it/took it in part ex with a dead head gasket (common problem on the WLT). He intended to just swap the engine for the working one but that had a dead gasket too, he got f*cked off and so he listed it on ebay as spares or repairs which is where I come in.

(10-06-2016, 06:32 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: I have a scrap van/car in dunsmore you can rob for fuses, i know the transit has small fuses, not sure about the 306.
The 306 definitely not and I don't think the tranny has the right size either, at any rate it's still at the point of being cheaper to have brand new ones delivered than it is for me to drive Thanks for the offer though.

Out of interest the tranny hasn't got a 3.31 rear diff if you are breaking?
Thanks given by:
FWD mate. Can ask the owner of the other scrap RWD transit there if he is selling his one.
Transit final drive on the newer diff is shite though TBH, i dont like em on transits, let alone drift trucks.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2016, 07:40 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: FWD mate. Can ask the owner of the other scrap RWD transit there if he is selling his one.
Transit final drive on the newer diff is shite though TBH,  i dont like em on transits, let alone drift trucks.

Gotta be the 3.31 out of one of the mk4/5 transits, It was the longest gearing they ever did.
Thanks given by:
transits have micro fuses, connect, fwd and rwd.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Drop me a message on monday while im at work and ill message you the autodata fuse box diagram with all fuse sizes and locations. Can do it as log as i have reg
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2016, 08:10 PM)welshpug Wrote: transits have micro fuses, connect, fwd and rwd.
I was sure they were normal sized from when I had one apart at work. Probably dementia setting in.

(10-06-2016, 08:11 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Drop me a message on monday while im at work and ill message you the autodata fuse box diagram with all fuse sizes and locations. Can do it as log as i have reg
Cheers buddy. I'll try and remember to take a photo of the reg on my way ot work so I can message you.
Thanks given by:
3 pages and no coal or tyre smoke...

#fail
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2016, 08:58 PM)Piggy Wrote: 3 pages and no coal or tyre smoke...

#fail

Pot Kettle Sir. Your (far less difficult) project thread spent the best part of 10 pages fannying about with the wrong car far less having anything capable of creating both types of fun smoke. Rofl
Thanks given by:
Stripping stuff off the underside is finished as I have the spare wheel out

It is suspended by a chain that is turned through a hole above the numberplate I have a 6 sided chisel that fits in a 17mm socket so that on a few extensions and a breaker bar got at it, I turned it till it had let the chain all the way out and then gave it some welly and snapped the chain with brute force on the breaker bar.

Thanks given by:
I've bought something BIG for the truck, I'll post pictures when I get it here but it's all kinds of awesome. I'm literally so excited Big Grin

I looked at the fuse box again and it actually says what fuses it wants so it's an easy fix when the fuses get here.

I unplugged all the wiring from the bay and labelled it. I gave the bay a good attacking with a bottle of Cilit Bang and a scrubbing brush. I actually can't believe how well it came up, wire brush and treat the rust next.

And gave her her first wash of my ownership, again surprised as to how well she came out, she's much whiter but still not what you'd really call white and there is a load of green stuff between the cab and the bed I can't get at for the moment. I think I'm gonna take the bed off at some point to clean up underneath and get at the fuel tank.

Thanks given by:
Hehe, get plenty of grinder discs in stock, unless you have a plasma cutter Tongue That bulkhead is going to be getting a nice massage at some point in the near future! Smile

Looks good though, always pays to get everything clean / sorted out before starting on a project like this!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
looks fairly tidy actually. cant believe how good that bay is.
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2016, 04:58 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Hehe, get plenty of grinder discs in stock, unless you have a plasma cutter Tongue That bulkhead is going to be getting a nice massage at some point in the near future! Smile

Looks good though, always pays to get everything clean / sorted out before starting on a project like this!

I actually need to get a small grinder, only had the 9" for a few years now however diamond disc means I hardly ever need to change the blades. I wish I had a plasma cutter or even a mini oxy/gas set up but £££.

I am looking forward to working in nice clean engine bay.

(21-06-2016, 05:02 PM)Eeyore Wrote: looks fairly tidy actually. cant believe how good that bay is.
Cheers buddy, it's only really rusting around where the arch liner clips come through and only one of the holes is going to need welding.
Thanks given by:
I'll just leave this here.

Thanks given by:
Bahahaha brilliant
Thanks given by:
Good lad ThumbsUp

Now go bolt it on....

Oh, wait....
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Inlove      Cool   
Awesome.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Monster!

[Image: 640d01187f87a1134f17f03cd15d22842f57c51a...b47382.jpg]
Thanks given by:
you'll need a 50 shot of nos to get that to spin up lol.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Gentlemen, thank you very much, it's sitting on my living room floor and just looking at it it's hilariously big.

(24-06-2016, 10:20 AM)welshpug Wrote: you'll need a 50 shot of nos to get that to spin up lol.
Nope, in case you didn't notice the vertically mounted actuator it's a Holset VNT
Thanks given by:
ohhhh!

I recall HX40's were fixed so a newer variant?
Thanks given by:
This aint no HX40 lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Have you got an engine yet?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 12:10 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Have you got an engine yet?

Don't be daft...
He has his priorities in the correct order...

Turbo first, always turbo first!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Are you going to position it in the bay, then sit in the cab and make whooshing noises? Smile
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 11:16 AM)welshpug Wrote: I recall HX40's were fixed so a newer variant?
(24-06-2016, 11:45 AM)Piggy Wrote: This aint no HX40 lmao

As Piggy says, that ain't no HX40

HX55V!!!

Nope, probably be the month after next unless anything else shows up on ebay at a bargain price.

(24-06-2016, 12:43 PM)Piggy Wrote:

Don't be daft...
He has his priorities in the correct order...

Turbo first, always turbo first!
#alwaysboost

(24-06-2016, 08:56 PM)C2K Wrote: Are you going to position it in the bay,  then sit in the cab and make whooshing noises? Smile
Nah I'll run it off the hoover in the lounge and just sit with it between my legs risking slicing my knob like pepperoni.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project e46 v8 scratch that s14 vhate drift car xudlingo 34 13,123 03-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Last Post: xudlingo
  Daze's 400bhp Nissan Silvia drift car Dazecoop 45 18,289 02-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Dazecoop
  The Landrover Cummins (12v 6BT) Conversion darrenjlobb 76 34,268 29-11-2015, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy