heater matrix swap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heater matrix swap
sorry its not a 306 this time but gotan 02 plate berlingo early shape and removed dash etc to change heater matrix but now need to remove the air pipes and blower unit etc to get to it but have no idea how it comes out any ideas please?
Thanks given by:
haynes manual?
Thanks given by:
Never worked on a Berlingo but the matrix usually just comes out the top, no need to remove air pipes or blower...
Thanks given by:
iv managed now but heater matix isn't clipped in housing fully as its held in by 4 plastic lugs and one of them snapped so it raised out on 1 corner will this matter?
Thanks given by:
Should be secure enough with the other 3, it'll be fine. Might just heat the back of the dash a bit more lol.
Thanks given by:
yeah its secure just didn't know if it would affect the heating?
Thanks given by:
Probably a small amount as you'll lose a bit of heat there, but I doubt you'll even notice it tbh.
Thanks given by:
Nah it won't make a difference. Exact same thing happened to my old girls Partner when i did the matrix on it last year. Its spot on and baking hot!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
my heater matrix came with a strip of foam whats that for lol?
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2015, 04:45 PM)jayspug86 Wrote: my heater matrix came with a strip of foam whats that for lol?

just to stop it rattling around mate
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: jayspug86
Yeah your suppose to stick it all around the edge but it doesn't stay on lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
help does anyone know how to remove the matrix pipes from under the bonnet as iv fitted a new matrix and its leaking from the top of the matrix and its a new one need help again
Thanks given by:
Same as 306? Push the spring tab and give the pipes a tug...
Thanks given by:
have already tried cant get them to budge theres like a silver clip in the idle that you push to side but there not coming off
Thanks given by:
Silver clip is the spring tab that I said.

They do take a lot of tugging...I tend to get to get the crowbar behind them, but they can break being plastic! I haven't broken any yet, but it will happen eventually lol.
Thanks given by:
lol il try again tomorrow I cant believe the nw matrix is leaking from the joint at top where the bolts are
Thanks given by:
That foam strip is to force the air through the matrix so it doesn't flow around the edges
Thanks given by: jayspug86
have you removed the other metal clip too?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
what other metal clip lol
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2015, 11:30 PM)jayspug86 Wrote: what other metal clip lol
the metal clip that goes over the top where the pipes join the matrix Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
mine don't seem to have that lol
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2015, 11:49 PM)jayspug86 Wrote: mine don't seem to have that lol

look closer won't stay on without it
Thanks given by:
its not a 306 its a berlingo unless there the same
Thanks given by:
Sorry, on my phone, didn't look, they can be stiff, I worked it in a circle ti get it out on the 306
Thanks given by:
went out this morning to try again and found a useful tool in shed and pulled it off in 10 seconds lol will seal everything tight now and try again lol
Thanks given by:
A useful tool? It was a hammer wasn't it.... lol
Thanks given by:
no its like a t piece bar
Thanks given by:
the additional clip is part number 6464 V0, seems its not used on all of them though.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
all back together seems to be no leaks but had engine running for 15 mins and temp gauge only a 1/4? seems to be blowing hot air but thought it would be hotter?
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2015, 05:35 PM)jayspug86 Wrote: all back together seems to be no leaks but had engine running for 15 mins and temp gauge only a 1/4? seems to be blowing hot air but thought it would be hotter?

15 minutes is no where near enough time for it to be upto temp at idle speed.. Will take a good half hour if not abit more
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  heater matrix flush Ben_w 3 1,520 02-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Heater matrix DeeTurbo 10 2,339 06-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Last Post: londondan86
  Changing heater matrix... Matt-Rallye 7 1,769 05-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Mikey