Heater matrix

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater matrix
I was wondering how long would changing the heater matrix take for a competent person?

How long has it taken you guys in the past?
Thanks given by:
There not as bad as some people make out to do but there is just a lot of bits to take off etc. I would say allow a good half a day
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it doesn't sound difficult just time consuming.

I'm tempted to do it tomorrow.

ECP are open so might pick one up and get it done.
Thanks given by:
took me a couple of afternoons, it's just bagging and tagging all the nuts and bolts and shit that takes time and where the matrix pipes connect through the bulkhead can be fun . . .:p
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I had them off when I had the engine out and I coated them with silicone grease to stop them getting stuck in future.
Thanks given by:
Dead easy, around 4 hours with Tea
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
Took a whole day for me to do mine, was my first one though. Think i read Krisb used to do them in 3 hours or something!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I stripped Jimbo's out the other day in about 2 hours going at a steady pace. I had my dash out the other day so it was fresh in my head. Just need to get it all put back together
Thanks given by:
I've done it twice now and the second time I split the matrix inside so that I didn't have to get the pipes through the bulkhead. Saved me a huge amount of time. Just reused that pipe elbow bit of the matrix with the new O rings from the new one.

And I wouldn't necessarily worry about labelling anything, I just put a bedsheet on the roof and put all the parts on that in the order they came off. Loads easier than the previous time when I just chucked everything on the back seats!
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2014, 08:22 PM)Ben Wrote: I've done it twice now and the second time I split the matrix inside so that I didn't have to get the pipes through the bulkhead. Saved me a huge amount of time. Just reused that pipe elbow bit of the matrix with the new O rings from the new one.

Same way I do them. Makes it a lot easier
Thanks given by:
As above, make sure you leave the pipes in the bulkhead. I took mine out when I did it, took about an hour and plent of lube to get it back in, its too big for the hole.

All in took me about a day
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  heater matrix flush Ben_w 3 1,520 02-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  heater matrix swap jayspug86 32 7,839 06-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jayspug86
  Changing heater matrix... Matt-Rallye 7 1,769 05-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Mikey