OBY the Black DTurbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OBY the Black DTurbo
Thats exactly what I did to mine and thats why I got a spare set of clocks and a spare set of needles lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 08:15 PM)Connor Wrote: Thats exactly what I did to mine and thats why I got a spare set of clocks and a spare set of needles lol

its a piss take! lol trying to be careful and not rush then it just snapped. Need a new one now haha
Thanks given by:
Dont have a spare one of those sorry Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 08:30 PM)Connor Wrote: Dont have a spare one of those sorry Tongue

no worries mate Smile hopefully someone will have one for sale when i get paid
Thanks given by:
I want another black d turbo :/
Thanks given by:
I think ive still got my old clocks, can have the one off them, might need a clean up to be up to your standard.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2014, 03:48 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: I think ive still got my old clocks, can have the one off them, might need a clean up to be up to your standard.

That would be awesome mate thanks Smile I'll be up near the end of the month whenever your free if that's cool
Thanks given by:
Yeah, its not going anywhere. Just give me a shout when your up this way
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2014, 05:18 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: Yeah, its not going anywhere. Just give me a shout when your up this way

Awesome thanks mate
Thanks given by:
Rear pads have been replaced and exhaust has been wrapped to stop the leaks, now all I need to do is replace near side brake flex hose if I can ever get it off Sad and loosen the brake load sensor and it will be ready to pass its MOT Big Grin
[attachment=18769]

[attachment=18770]
Thanks given by:
Whats that wrap tied on with?
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think that pad is the wrong side, the little notch should be in the piston. Might have notches on both pads though, cant remember tbh.

Also not seen anyone put the retainer bar at the top, though I cant see it making a difference lol.

Good luck for the restest! Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 08:11 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Whats that wrap tied on with?

It's held on with wire until it heats up and sets around the pipe

(03-09-2014, 08:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I think that pad is the wrong side, the little notch should be in the piston. Might have notches on both pads though, cant remember tbh.

Also not seen anyone put the retainer bar at the top, though I cant see it making a difference lol.

Good luck for the restest! Smile

Both pads have notches Smile and yeah I couldn't get the retainer bar in at the bottom. I might give it another go tomorrow. Will it still pass like that? It's held in so can't see an issue
Thanks given by:
Ah that's alright then!

As for the retainer, I cant see any reason for it not to be at the top, so should be fine. Smile I just haven't seen anyone put it there before lol.
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 08:40 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Ah that's alright then!

As for the retainer, I cant see any reason for it not to be at the top, so should be fine. Smile I just haven't seen anyone put it there before lol.

Fair enough Smile yeah I need to sand the bottom a little bit. There's to much paint on it so gotta take a little off so it will fit better Smile
Thanks given by:
You could swap the pad carriers from either side save removing the pads etc
Thanks given by:
No need to remove the pads, just slide the plate out, pop the springs off and put them on at the top then slide the plate back in the bottom. Id swap it just to be sure its right even though as tom says cant see why it makes a difference.
Thanks given by:
And brake hose is done Big Grin mole grips are life savers. All ready for retest tomorrow!
[attachment=18782]
Thanks given by:
Those springs were fitted wrong too FYI Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2014, 07:11 PM)Piggy Wrote: Those springs were fitted wrong too FYI Smile

How so?
Thanks given by:
I missed the posts about the springs/retaining bar!! Der! Soz.

Make sure those springs hold the pads under some tension Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2014, 07:16 PM)Piggy Wrote: I missed the posts about the springs/retaining bar!! Der! Soz.

Make sure those springs hold the pads under some tension Smile

Haha no worries mate Smile and yeah the rear brakes seem great now
Thanks given by:
Me and Ian got the new clutch fitted with a bit of a struggle, this is the condition of the old clutch, fair to say it was a little worn
[attachment=18785]
Thanks given by:
Passed the MOT then??
Thanks given by:
Yeah all passed now. New clutch all in and sorted?
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2014, 10:15 PM)Connor Wrote: Yeah all passed now. New clutch all in and sorted?

Yeah clutch is all in Smile super smooth now, bushes and new oil makes a huge difference
Thanks given by:
Pain in the arse job that was, getting that pin out is right mare. And some nicely seized in balljoint pinch bolts slowed us down. Glad we got it all done though. Whats next? Start ticking off advisories.
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2014, 12:25 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: Pain in the arse job that was, getting that pin out is right mare. And some nicely seized in balljoint pinch bolts slowed us down. Glad we got it all done though. Whats next? Start ticking off advisories.

Yeah those ball joints were a bitch and yep advisories is my next task tbh there's only 2 real ones and that's tyres and pas pump leak. I'm putting rallye blanks on eventually so don't have to worry about the fog lamps
Thanks given by:
So a new addition to the car is lower suspension Smile i picked up a gti6 rear beam and front shocks and springs off Chris (dumdum) estate last night, so thought id crack on and get the front suspension in Smile think it looks a whole lot better just need to get the rear beam put in now and think I'm in need of a splitter

[attachment=19291]
[attachment=19292]
[attachment=19293]
[attachment=19294]
Thanks given by:
A little more progress looks a lot meaner lowered on the front Smile and had this turn up for me this morning. Best. Wheel. Ever. feels so good.

[attachment=19330]
[attachment=19331]
[attachment=19332]
[attachment=19333]
[attachment=19334]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phase 1 Black 306 DTurbo - Road Test! (GT2052S, 11mm, FMIC) silverzx 171 55,081 23-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Ph1 black 306 dturbo BenDturbo1 9 1,739 17-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Last Post: dashmader
  Black Phase 2 dturbo. (4waydiablos old car) adamm306 102 12,937 22-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Last Post: adamm306