Swapping reluctor ring on drums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swapping reluctor ring on drums
I had a look through the first 27 pages but nothing came close to the issue I have.

Also using the search function for Rear ABS didn't help much.

I'm fitting new drums, shoes, cylinders etc. as I'm starting fresh with the rear brakes for the retest.

The new parts don't come with the ring for the ABS sensor and the motor factor I bought them from doesn't list the ring either. I am wondering if I can heat them up a little, remove them and fit them to the new drums.

I had a quick look on Service Box using the VIN but I cannot find a part number or a listing for the ring.

Does anyone know if there is a part number for such an item?
Thanks given by:
The drum rings aren't sold separately as far as I'm aware (fronts are though), they should've been supplied on the new drums really. I guess you could try heating it up and removing but as they'll be pretty old by now could damage them in the process.
Thanks given by:
I would be keen to clean up the old drums and refit them, save the hassle of the ring.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the reply guys.

If the other other side wasn't as badly scored I would think about trying to smooth it out, but sadly it looks at the end of it's service lifetime. Plus the side in the photo has a collapsed inner race.

It's frustrating that the aftermarket suppliers around don't have the rings available, but after looking at service box I understand the dealer prices to be around £115 a side before VAT!

Worse still is the previous owner/technician reused the axle nut atleast twice which has chewed the threads on the stub pin.

The plan is to measure the stub pin to find a replacement part but I am unsure how much is recessed into the arm and fit the new bits. I'll worry about the drum/bearings last.
Thanks given by:
to be honest, just find another beam and chuck it on. Disc beams can be had for £50-100...so drum beams must be available cheap enough
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
They come of handy enough, ive prised them of before with no heat.
Thanks given by:
I tried with a couple of large bladed screwdrivers but all that happened was I straightened one of them ThumbsUp

Out came the puller and with a dash of Plusgas they popped off.

Had to bash one a bit flatter but after a warm up in the oven they went straight on.

Light comes on and goes off, just as it should for the test.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ABS sensor ring issue jim1500 3 2,171 22-06-2018, 01:08 PM
Last Post: jim1500
  Rear axle - drums to disc Dreijers 9 2,221 18-08-2016, 10:42 PM
Last Post: xanax
  Drums vs Disc. Lowering etc. What to do... Dazecoop 3 1,190 20-01-2016, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset