205 HDi :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 HDi :)
Getting exciting now Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2014, 04:11 PM)Piggy Wrote: Getting exciting now Smile

Yeah its been a long time getting this ready, cant wait to just have it on the road never mind with 205HP lol Smile
Thanks given by:
any news on this bud?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2014, 09:01 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: any news on this bud?

This!!! Amazing project mate!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I need. NEED to see this in action when finished!
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Past few months I've been gathering parts and trying to get all the smaller jobs done and dusted.

Recently my 306 brakes have been on the crap side, so instead of cleaning them up and re greasing them I fitted the calipers off my 205. This, unfortunately meant I had to get bigger brakes for it so I present Lucas 266mm-

[Image: 20140521_190606_zpsge7mj6ro.jpg]

.^^^ When they arrived I got them into work and shot blasted them, ready for painting. Usually I'm not into fannying round painting stuff but I gave them a good dose of hammerite smooth. Could probably do with another layer before going on the hubs-

[Image: 20140708_223416_zpsudzvu3b4.jpg]

So, knowing that the 266mm setup won't fit under 14" 205 alloys without help I set about getting bigger alloys. A trip to Chesterfield later I had these puppy's in the boot-

[Image: 20140708_224133_zps0plzqs8f.jpg]

Also picked up a starter on way back through ( cheers Chris-90, made a hell of a difference on the 306)
The wheels could do with a refurb which will have to wait till a later date. Have more updates once I sort the pics out Smile
Thanks given by:
Glad starter was good for you mate Smile

Thanks given by:
Cant wait to see this on the road mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Any progress on this?
Thanks given by:
WOW! What a project. So much potential for tuning there.
The Hdi route is very interesting and to be honest, had scared me off due to all the electrics/electronics involved. I had the impression it would be a real headache, but you've given the impression that this isn't the case. Ok a different ECU has been used, but still. WOW!

Can't wait to hear how this performs and hopefully a video of it sometime too ;-)

Keep up the great work.

Will
Thanks given by:
Nowt to report sorry Sambarker, been tied up with other stuff. (Not in a good way either lol )

Madwelshman, yeah the Hdi in a 205 is a great combo. The electrics still need to be fettled to allow mapping/diag and a few other bits but the bulk of it is easy enough.

The Ecu has only had its immobiliser codes removed, with the correct connections you could run the engine on a pallet. Dealing with fault codes etc might be tricky once it's running....

Seriously need to pull my finger out and get it mot'd Big Grin
Thanks given by:
That's good to know. Like you say, fault code reading may be interesting in the future, but hopefully you won't need to.
It's gonna be a great machine to drive. So much more responsive than an XUD and more tuning potential.

Keep going, you're so close now.
Thanks given by:
like it! nice project.
Thanks given by:
Some work put into this , great project Smile . Cant wait too see this finished. Keep us updayed Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Any more updates?!
Thanks given by:
Not much has happened unfortunately, we had to unexpectedly move house last year which was a real kick in the sack. The car is currently under a cover in the back after I found the sunroof had leaked leaving about 2" of water in the drivers foot well.

Anyway, when we moved I discovered the rear passenger wheel would turn then lock, it would then free up with a light tap on the back plate. Turns out a slither of shoe friction material had come off which was jamming between the drum and shoe. While the drum was off I found the cylinder was leaking too. So need to to fit new shoes etc...to the back.

The GTI tank pump motor failed,  which I suspect is from me fitting (bodging) it in a diesel tank which allowed it to run dry. I've now bought a GTI tank and a 406HDI in tank pump motor which will go in the original housing. (Still to fit)

Got new drivers belt to fit and tidy up the fuel filter arrangement. Besides all that I finished boost pipework and intake, fitted new brakes and 15" speed lines so when we had our first dry day of the last few months I took a few pics of the old girl.....

[Image: IMG_20160207_130945_zpsnnpmdsgc.jpg]

And a pic of the engine, filter is a bit of a lash up and will be properly secured eventually.

[Image: IMG_20160207_131005_zpsdg3e7nei.jpg]

Just before we moved I made a short vid of the engine running, nowt special but sounds good I reckon.
[Image: th_VID_20150712_154438_zpsd5nqomhx.mp4]

Wish I had more to show but been reet busy and very skint Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm just about to start a 205 hdi conversion myself, I must say you've done a great job Smile

Any further progress in the past few months?
Thanks given by:
any further with this one yet?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Nothing to report sorry chaps, I've got the stuff to finish it but because it's in the back and the weather has been shit for a long time I've not done owt. That's my flange worthy excuse anyway Smile
Thanks given by:
Could you get some pics of how close the alternator is to the rad please mate
Thanks given by: