SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
(13-05-2015, 03:32 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(13-05-2015, 03:17 PM)procta Wrote: get tom out so he can do some work with you Si!

Who's Si?

is he called Si or sam? I cannot remember
Thanks given by:
(13-05-2015, 03:33 PM)procta Wrote:
(13-05-2015, 03:17 PM)procta Wrote: get tom out so he can do some work with you Si!

Who's Si?

is he called Si or sam? I cannot remember

Simon Rowell.

[Image: Simon-Cowell.jpg]

I don't think he's actually got a first name. He's just called "Srowell" pronounced like a garden trowel, srowell.
Thanks given by:
This all looks wank. Really hope it snaps its cam belt soon
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Who's Si?

Yeh procta who is si?
Thanks given by:
is the jack good fella???
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2015, 11:35 AM)Piggy Wrote: is the jack good fella???

Yeh seems decent so far. The axle stands are ratchet but also have pins too.

So i have a set of new Uniroyal RS2s and a set of new Michelin PS3s. Both sets had a blow out so I bought a replacement RS2 a while ago. Yesterday I bought a new PS3 for £45 off amazon of all places. Was the cheapest I could find and its arrived today! Going to the tyre fitters tonight to get hte tyres removed as polishing the dishes also rubs on the tyres so better to get them off!

[Image: IMG_20150514_132406_zpsa74edcwp.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-05-2015, 06:08 PM)Niall Wrote: This all looks wank. Really hope it snaps its cam belt soon

Shut Up Niall. I bet the belt needs replacing... but it wont need replacing if I dont look! Never replaced it as I thought I would have fitted the gti6 head sooner than this... but oh well.

Also realised that I have three bad fondmetal 4000 centre caps. One prototype and One Final. So I have bought another 3 of the finished product which should arrive a few days before FCS. I can buy my own designs with 15% discount so its cost me about £43 to get 3 more 3D printed and posted.
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2011, 07:25 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Some of you may have noticed that I am selling the 1.4. So here is its replacement! :o Its a late 2000 306 1.8 bought from 'iamsilverfox' for £900 with 96K on the clock. Big Grin

[Image: jEsHk1nmOBWL3.jpg]

[Image: j5DVZaNKBAey2.jpg]

[Image: jCsrALisMQM7U.jpg]

[Image: jn4W0onumG5qB.jpg]

[Image: jSGrvYnRLTvwc.jpg]

Current Modifications:

Exterior:

De-Badged
Smooth Boot
Black Side Indicators
Shadow Chrome Cyclones
Aero Wipers
Black Masked Headlights
Xsara Mist Jets
Wind Deflectors
GTI6 Splitter
GTI Boot Trim

Interior

Leaf Pattern Half Leathers
Grab Handles (Painted Ford Sea Grey)
Smooth Dash (Painted Ford Sea Grey)
Grey Clock
Black Roof Lining
Stickerbombed Sun Visors
Converted Electric Rear Windows
Removed top brake light

ICE:

Kenwood USB Head Unit
Soundstream Components

Engine:

De-cat
Induction Kit

Brakes & Suspension

40mm Lowering on the front with GAZ springs and shocks & 50mm on the Back
OMP Upper Strut Brace
OMP Lower Strut Brace

Misc:

Fogs on High mod
Pressed Plates

Planned Modifications:

Install my FLI Comp6 Components
Sticker and trim underside of bonnet
Colour Code & Clean Engine bay
Retrim window vinyl
GTI6 Intake Conversion
6 Spoiler (maybe)
Smooth Bonnet (Welded but needs painting)
Refurb Cyclones
Stickers in boot window

Any thoughts or ideas let me know!

Cheers
Sam

Brilliant! Blush
Thanks given by:
Okay so I took the fond metals to the local place to get the tyres off. Did it free as I said id be coning back to get them out on again once they were refurbished.

Will be much easier to polish them now the tyres are off and the valves are out. Also out one on the scales and find metal 4000s weigh 7.4kg each.
Thanks given by:
are you going to polish them on the car? I found its a pretty nifty way to do it saving a lot of elbow grease
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2015, 03:06 PM)rd070707 Wrote: are you going to polish them on the car? I found its a pretty nifty way to do it saving a lot of elbow grease

I have seen people do it.... However I have a full polishing kit for a mains powered drill which is doing the trick really well so far.
Thanks given by:
ahh fair. I was working all the way up from 400 grit so was much easier on the car
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Got a bit more done today.

Arrived at 10.30 with a friend and started trying to get the matrix through the grommet. Wasnt happening and eventually with a series of screwdrivers got the grommet out. Couldnt see the leak in the matrix but under pressure there must be something. Refitted the matrix and cleaned out the blower motor whilst I had access. Wasnt sure whether the matrix should be in the grommet or out of the grommet when refitting. Ended up cutting the grommet into two halves and fitting to the bulkhead and then pushing the matrix through with lots of WD40 to lubricate.

Dash back in. Easy as most of the bolts were broken. Just the three at the top and the bottom side bolts left which is secure enough. Facia back in.

Still have a problem. I have GTI6 matrix pipes which will clear the gti6 manifold once fitted but the bottom end is different so going to need some cutting! Shouldnt be difficult through.

Had all the cleaning stuff but had had enough for the day... Will be back at it tomorrow.

Also got the valves out of the fondmetals. Put some GUNK over them and alloy wheel cleaner and worked it in with a tooth brush before pressure washing. One wheel is way dirtier than others so not looking forward to that but the other three shouldnt bee too bad. All ready for a sanding and polishing tomorrow. Looking forward to having decent wheels as I have never really had a perfect set.
Thanks given by:
Standard Peugeot PITA day then LOL
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2015, 08:30 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Standard Peugeot PITA day then LOL

Undoubtedly and as per usual ive taken skin off my hands :/
Thanks given by:
Right so another evening. Crap day at work so wasnt very motivated. Did some work on the saab first but then onto the 306.

Cut up the old heater matrix pipes I had to replace the kinked oil hose. Took the hold one off and obviously hadnt been flowing well as it was full of this yellow gunk... Hopefully someone isnt going to tell me this is headgasket related...

[Image: IMG_20150518_184700_zpsrpul4m5f.jpg]

and new pipe on....

[Image: IMG_20150518_185503_zpsopfldoge.jpg]

and then gave it a quick wash down as it hadnt been cleaned for months. 

[Image: IMG_20150518_182941_zpshyyqzhu1.jpg]

So yeh. Next steps are to get it up in the air and drop the subframe. then to remove the manifold and fit the gti6 one and then refit a second seam welded subframe ive got. GTI6 decat on, magnex on, lower strut brace on. Then I can get round to the beam but that isnt essential to get on track!

I will be working on the car in Melton, Suffolk for the following days. If anyone is around and wants to help please do!

Tuesday 19th May - Evening
Thursday 21sth May - Evening
Friday 22nd May - Afternoon, Evening
Monday 25th May - Evening
Tuesday 26th May - Evening
Thursday 28th May - Evening
Friday 29th May - Afternoon, Evening
Saturday 30th May - Afternoon
Sunday 31st May - All Day
Monday 1st June - Evening
Tuesday 2nd June - Evening
Thursday 4th June - Evening
Friday 5th June - Morning, Leaving for FCS!
FCS!
Thanks given by:
Tom needs to get down and give you a helping hand!
Thanks given by:
Id love to come and help but sadly there's stuff I need and want to do to mine.
Thanks given by:
Could be hg, but then it could be where you don't use it much most of the time, you get that when it does a few short journeys without warming up properly. I won't be coming to help, you're a prick.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(19-05-2015, 05:33 AM)Poodle Wrote: Could be hg, but then it could be where you don't use it much most of the time, you get that when it does a few short journeys without warming up properly. I won't be coming to help, you're a prick.

Love you too. 
Thanks given by:
Right so.... Work since the last Update

Fondmetals have been sanded down. Turned out I actually sanded off most of the dirt so back to the original paint and polished rims. Still need a decent polish especially on one of the wheels and going to respray the centres. Need to get some gunk over the back of the wheels to remove all the dirt.

I picked up an engine crane from Toms306. Not sure I need this now as Im not going to take the engine out but im sure it will come in handy when changing engine mounts etc.

Bash came over last night and we dropped the subframes from the hatch and the estate. Estate sub frame is seam welded and has brand new Meyle HD wishbones. Bash also managed to get the heat shield off the manifold which was a challenge as the top bolt was rusted and rounded. Out came the grinder and eventually it came off. left it last night with all the manifold bolts soaking. Got gearbox oil in my hair too which is disgusting.... Bash has also taken my lower engine mount and housing away to press the new baker BM mount into its housing. GTI6 front ARB has also been fitted.

[Image: IMG_20150521_200818_zpsv1mgfgri.jpg]

Working a half day today so will be off to remove the manifold and hopefully fit the gti6 one. May get the new engine mounts fitted as well. Should be ready for fcs! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ready to loose at fcs Wink
Good job on the progress though would help if I could bit alas I can only shout abuse at you via the internet
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2015, 10:32 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Ready to loose at fcs Wink
Good job on the progress though would help if I could bit alas I can only shout abuse at you via the internet

Cheers Steve. Will have to see what the mapping is like with the new manifold. Worried i might blow it to bits before arriving at the show!

Just bought MTEC front and rear drilled and grooved discs. You hear people saying no... and you hear people saying theyre fine. I need new discs all round as the ones on at the moment are particularly rusty. Maybe Im wrong and Ive wasted my money but I want to make up my own mind.

And Ive just bought the service Items... Already got a fuel filter somewhere after I bought two last time...

Premium Quality Oil Filter - £5.03
Bosch Spark Plugs x4 - £6.72
Shell Helix HX7 10W-40 5L - £17.99
Locatite 5699 - £6.80

ALl should arrive during next week and should be the last bits to do to the car!
Thanks given by:
nice to see.

That car has been through a fair bit with you

Just wouldn't be right not seeing it at the shows
Thanks given by:
So im updating his thread. Lol. Lower engine mount bush in housing ready to go on for him
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Awesome. Off to do more work on this now.
Thanks given by:
f*cking french shite. So battled the exhaust, cat, lambda and manifold off.... All of the nuts were stuck on the studs so the studs came out of the head. On the drivers end one sheared inside the head so no way I can get that out and the one below it sheared but with 2mm of thread... so.... Just going to have to accept that those two are gone... Ill be swapping the head in the next year anyway and its not as if this is going to do a lot of miles...

For anyone looking to do this its a f*cking nightmare. I would strongly advise just taking the engine out and painting it at the same time. Bolts are difficult to access and if you do shear them you havent got access to do anything. People have said you can fit the gti6 manifold with the subframe dropped slightly. Im calling bullshit on that one. Even with the entire subframe dropped the steering rack has to be half removed and the gear selector has to be removed.

Anyway... here is a pic of them side by side... rather excited to see how the gti6 one sounds.

[Image: IMG_20150522_174753_zpsxpemqdm9.jpg]

annoyed... and an estate boot carpet makes a great thing to lay on...

[Image: IMG_20150522_184716_zpsnkjfh6zw.jpg]

everything else for another day...
Thanks given by:
such a farce that. Sorry not closer to lend a hand.
Is it on now, does it blow bad?? Just add loads of exhaust paste that end!? lol

I too use old boot carpets for laying on the lovely gravel here!

oh and "5 door twack car fwends"
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wow I never knew the 1.8 manifold was so shit lmao

Gti6 item should be an epic improvement! 
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
The 2.0 XSi uses the same shitty manifold as well lol... Can see why '6s cost so much new with all the engineering that went into them tbf.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 222,734 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,782 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 13,230 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore