SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
He's already said that includes tax and insurance lol....

But its still sub 20mpg anyway. lol
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 12:05 PM)Toms306 Wrote: He's already said that includes tax and insurance lol....

But its still sub 20mpg anyway. lol

Yep this. Tax at £240 iirc and £400 TPFT
Thanks given by:
Ah, I'd missed that part.

I still only make it about 16mpg though if my maths is right.

Tax and Insurance come to £640 a year, or £53 a month.
£439 a month less £53 for tax/insurance leaves £386 in fuel.
£386 worth of fuel at £1.10 a litre is approximately 350 litres.
1236 miles / 350 litres = 3.53 miles per litre
3.53 x 4.55 to convert to gallons = 16mpg

What am I missing, as that's horrific for a 1.8 4 pot and something has to be wrong somewhere if that is in large part commuting with, presumably, a reasonable percentage cruising in 4th/5th rather than in stop-start traffic? It should be doing twice that if not more.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
It's on bodies, with an aftermarket ECU which they will have set to run insanely rich to avoid any problems of melting stuff...

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest it really is that shit.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ive based fuel on 1.14 which is more than the current price. Assuming that it will go back up again next year.
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2015, 10:32 PM)SRowell Wrote: So Ive been doing lots of calculations this evening and working out what to do.

The 1.8 costs on average £439 a month doing 309 miles a week, 1236 Miles a Month and 16,068 miles a Year.

No wonder I have been living in my overdraft for the past year...
In light of this and more importantly the blown heater matrix the car is now off the road and I do not intend to use it as a daily ever again.

The plan is now to leave this project and the estate and do something else with my time and money.

If you're doing that kind of mileage a diesel is the way to go! You'll save an absolute fortune, the ultimate fuel saver would be a diesel 106 with a Bosch pump which you could run on veg oil, that would probably cost you £100 a month in comparison  lol might not be as much fun though  Wink

A HDI would reduce your fuel costs by 1/4 at least Smile
Thanks given by:
The issue here is behind the wheel. Not the car.
Sam drives like a complete arsehole then wonders why he gets poor MPG lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 05:05 PM)Niall Wrote: The issue here is behind the wheel. Not the car.
Sam drives like a complete arsehole then wonders why he gets poor MPG lol

Do you think that has anything to do with you and grant bring around me wanting me to make pops and bangs?
Thanks given by:
Update. Now that I have the saab this will not be used as a daily. The heater matrix broke and it was only replaced last year and I didnt want to spend that money when it was going to come off the road anyway. As said earlier in the thread I am after a good 3 door phase 3 diablo shell which will be made into a track car. All of the goodies from this car will make it into that car and then this one will be scrapped.

Right now I am clearing a garage which Ill be able to store this in until I get a shell and spend a weekend swapping things over.
Thanks given by:
just remember to keep kicking it over Srowell, would you not consider a phase 1 in diablo red?
Thanks given by:
Ah for me its got to be phase 3. Just love it. Still looks modern where as the Ph1 and especially 2 just look old :/
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2015, 10:57 PM)SRowell Wrote: Ah for me its got to be phase 3. Just love it. Still looks modern where as the Ph1 and especially 2 just look old :/

you can just phase 3 it with the parts from this, you still get your shell, plus it might be cheaper too with it been an older car.  you can sell off the Dturbo unit for some extra funds. will it a part time road track car or a full blown track car?
Thanks given by:
Good plan this buddy! Can really focus on your goals with it now Smile ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I think it will have to be road and track. Just a track car would have such little use. Would rather have it on the road for a few months.
Thanks given by:
Update!

So this parcel turned up...

[Image: IMG_20150117_095114_zpsugshiif1.jpg]

and in it was my 3D printed centre cap!

[Image: IMG_20150117_095252_zps3buztwtg.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150117_095304_zpsiy1syhlg.jpg]

Looks good to me! Pretty spot on. Ive made the tabs a little bit big so need to sand a bit off to get them to fit properly.

In other news the garage clearance has begun... Amazingly this was the after...

[Image: IMG_20150110_141144_zpsnvmg3cts.jpg]

and some of the goodies I found!

[Image: IMG_20150110_132019_zpsptuw7o1k.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150110_134649_zpsuyhuj7xg.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150110_134932_zpsdzqjptdu.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150110_134935_zpsgucpd5od.jpg]

and ford used to give you your old parts in a little bag. love it!

[Image: IMG_20150110_134945_zpsqmpqfhms.jpg]

More garage clearing tomorrow and hopefully it will be ready to accept the 1.8 so I can cancel insurance and tax.
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 02:06 PM)Ruan Wrote: It's on bodies, with an aftermarket ECU which they will have set to run insanely rich to avoid any problems of melting stuff...

im afraid that is utter rubbish, I know from experience that mapped properly a throttle bodied engine can use less fuel than it did previously with no other changes.

there has to be something wrong with this, does it have a fixed rate fpr?  if not get one on there and have ut mapped again. if at all possible by sandy brown, he knows pug engines very well, his race engines make more power and use less fuel than his competitors, and when they come apart for inspection theyre clean.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
So the plastic that the centre caps are made of is pretty brittle. Im ordering them one at a time as I suspected I would run into problems. Ive updated the design which took most of this evening. Its much easier making things from scratch than trying to edit little bits of 3D off!

So now its back to the original 4 legs and I have moved them all in by 0.5mm which means there should be another mm of play so they should fit properly. Also Ive rounded a few more corners from the legs and made them a bit steeper so they should fit easier... Another £18 a a two week wait and I should have V2 on my door step!

[Image: Capture3_zps50c8d9c1.png]
Thanks given by:
£18 for one centre cap?! f*ck me sideways!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
With your name on it?! Just incase it falls off it can be put in lost property?
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2015, 10:24 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: £18 for one centre cap?! f*ck me sideways!

Thats including extortionate postage! Its not cheap to have professionals check your design, print it, package it and then post it! Seeing as you cant get replacements anywhere else once I get a final design I will be the only place to get them!

(20-01-2015, 10:27 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: With your name on it?! Just incase it falls off it can be put in lost property?

As above. I dont want people stealing my model! Even though essentially ive recreated a fondmetal product.... but hey. Better than marking my territory on it like a dog!
Thanks given by:
Before long it'll be cheaper to just make your own 3D printer lol
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2015, 02:12 AM)welshpug Wrote:
(09-01-2015, 02:06 PM)Ruan Wrote: It's on bodies, with an aftermarket ECU which they will have set to run insanely rich to avoid any problems of melting stuff...

im afraid that is utter rubbish, I know from experience that mapped properly a throttle bodied engine can use less fuel than it did previously with no other changes.

there has to be something wrong with this, does it have a fixed rate fpr?  if not get one on there and have ut mapped again. if at all possible by sandy brown, he knows pug engines very well, his race engines make more power and use less fuel than his competitors, and when they come apart for inspection theyre clean.

I think you've gotten the wrong end of the stick!! I'm not suggesting this is correct... I'm suggesting it's been mapped like that because they're lazy!

I totally agree that just because it's on throttle bodies, it shouldn't instantly equal shitty running...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Update! Garage is now cleared. Lovely old work bench at the far end with a gas meter just above it. Super safe for welding etc. And Cupboard on top to store bits in which now means the workbench isnt a work bench. The freezer has to stay where it is and under the work bench is full of demijohns so once they are gone then there will be more space for 306 bits.

[Image: IMG_20150118_145032_zps1cei2yey.jpg]

Car just about fits in!

[Image: IMG_20150124_144147_zpsru5hjtdf.jpg]

and here is what my Peugeot collection looks like...

[Image: IMG_20150124_144346_zpsrkysku4m.jpg]

Very sad to think all that hard work is now stored and not being used. The HDi can be brought out of the car port and stripped in a weekend before its scrapped. All the parts can be put in the garage and then the 1.8 can sit under the car port. New Shell can arrive and then the 1.8 can be stripped and scrapped. Then it will be just the race car in the garage.

Also the insurance has been cancelled which is a £192 refund. And ive cancelled the tax which should be £150 or something. Nice bit of money there to spend on the saab tow bar and then to put aside for buying another 306.
Thanks given by:
id have kept the insurance on, just for the no claims side of things, I don't know how much it was to insure as a second car, but it would have made a bit of a difference, also if the mot was still on it, you could just bump tax on it and take it out for a month or so.
Thanks given by:
Didn't even clean it before your store it lol

I suspose it's going to be heading the the scrap yard soon thought.

I'm still trying to find you a 3 door 1.8 which has relatively clean exterior but no luck so far Sad
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2015, 04:12 PM)7057sam Wrote: Didn't even clean it before your store it lol

I suspose it's going to be heading the the scrap yard soon thought.

I'm still trying to find you a 3 door 1.8 which has relatively clean exterior but no luck so far Sad

I don't know why he wont get hold of a phase 1 in the same colour and just phase3 it, has got the donor car there.  
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2015, 04:12 PM)7057sam Wrote: Didn't even clean it before your store it lol

Just what I was thinking lol! I think he's keeping the bootlid and bumper for the 3dr as well. Confused

That is an awesome clearout though!! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Took probably about 7 or 8 hours worth of work over two days. Ive found one on autotrader but id want to get it for a bit less than £400 and lacquer looks a bit dodgey in places. No service history and obviously been ragged around! Havent got the money until pay day.
Thanks given by:
So today I spent 9 hours making ECU holders for the omex. Just random universal ones. The only one available is a carbon fibre one from spoox for 60 quid so thought I could do better than that. Came up with the three designs below but sadly each came to at least 50 quid to print. The legs have lines built in so that they can be snapped off easily. Bolt holes are M4. Anyway a nice thing for people who want them. Seeing as a budget printer is the best part of 500 ill probably wait until I get my own instead of shelling out 50 quid for one! 

Version 1 - Clip in Style

[Image: Version%201_zpsxaykqjsd.png]

Version 2 - Slide in Style with tabs.

[Image: Version%202_zpsay6xajug.png]

Version 3 - Slide in Style with countersunk holes

[Image: Version%203_zps9tuocj2m.png]

Its frustrating yet therapeutic to design these. The best part is obviously when the finished product arrives and you realise youve designed it and now it exists as a real object. I reckon I could do it quicker with some paid for software but right now 123D Design is pretty good.
Thanks given by:
That looks awesome. Should really give this a go myself.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 222,447 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,767 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 13,228 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore