SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
(01-02-2014, 11:59 AM)7057sam Wrote:
(01-02-2014, 12:59 AM)SRowell Wrote: Alloy aux pulley ordered from Bates.
Reverse Cable ordered from ZXVolcane too!

I'll letl you know about the pulley as carl's mate had first refusal on it but i haven't heard back from him yet.

boo. I may call you in a bit and come and see you tonight. Thinking if i dropped off my head then you could give it to carl and get it skimmed along with yours.
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2014, 04:13 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(01-02-2014, 11:59 AM)7057sam Wrote:
(01-02-2014, 12:59 AM)SRowell Wrote: Alloy aux pulley ordered from Bates.
Reverse Cable ordered from ZXVolcane too!

I'll letl you know about the pulley as carl's mate had first refusal on it but i haven't heard back from him yet.

boo. I may call you in a bit and come and see you tonight. Thinking if i dropped off my head then you could give it to carl and get it skimmed along with yours.

Txt carl first see if he actually does it.I'll probably won't go back down there until my car is fixed lol

Which could be a long time as I is fully booked this week.Show they is a good engine builder near us, Hollesley maybe.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Probably is I am always between London and Ipswich. I'll take the head with me to London tonight and see if I can drop it off with someone.
Thanks given by:
That gearbox has come up really well. You just use silver hammerite spray?
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2014, 11:35 PM)Frosty Wrote: That gearbox has come up really well. You just use silver hammerite spray?

Yes. Gunk to clean it all up and then 3 or 4 coats of Silver hammerite spray.
Thanks given by:
ah, think mine are lucas'. I might have some stock mintex ones ordered in error lying around if your interested?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2014, 12:42 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: ah, think mine are lucas'. I might have some stock mintex ones ordered in error lying around if your interested?

pm me some pics etc and we can see what we can do.
Thanks given by:
Fair play. nice build
Thanks given by:
Just ordered FAI GTI6 Head bolts and two inlet manifold gaskets. The number of parts left to get is getting smaller!
Thanks given by:
Just ordered a set of Meyle HD wishbones. 18mm ball joints for the record.
Thanks given by:
Hope they match ya hubs Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
We need a picture of this shiney's stash. Your house must look like Aladdin's cave at the moment lmao
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2014, 10:03 PM)SRowell Wrote: Just ordered FAI GTI6 Head bolts and two inlet manifold gaskets. The number of parts left to get is getting smaller!

If you're using the 1.8 alloy block bottom end then you'll need 1.8 head bolts rather than GTi-6 - the alloy block head bolts threads are M11 whereas iron block are M12.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 11:02 AM)powerandtorque Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 10:03 PM)SRowell Wrote: Just ordered FAI GTI6 Head bolts and two inlet manifold gaskets. The number of parts left to get is getting smaller!

If you're using the 1.8 alloy block bottom end then you'll need 1.8 head bolts rather than GTi-6 - the alloy block head bolts threads are M11 whereas iron block are M12.

Uh oh.... :/
Thanks given by:
So things have turned up.

Oil filter, sparks, fuel filters, 5L of oil, sump plug washers,contitech cam belt kit, water pump, head bolts, clutch cable, reverse cable, meyle HD wishbones. The list goes on!

[Image: IMG-20140211-WA0009_zpsefdcnwzw.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140212_194733_zps3wrkvi4o.jpg]

Hopefully Ill have everything needed a few weeks after the next Ace cafe.

Also wondered where my Inlet manifold gaskets were and they turned out to be in some packaging that was about to go in the bin D:
Thanks given by:
This coming week I decided to take Monday and Tuesday off work to get some things done with the car and to just chill out a bit. Good job I did as this morning my mum reversed her freelander into my car.

[Image: IMG_20140223_102648_zpsxcznsp7y.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140223_111633_zpsa9xdslqd.jpg]

Not really the best way to start the day! The wing is completely pushed in and all the paint is scratched so not just a TCut job. The estate is sitting around nothing and has mint wings so I drove to my grans where that was kept with the intention of swapping the wings and fixing my front bumper which has been hanging off for over a year.

Unfortunately the estate had a flat battery and also flat tyres which meant I couldnt move it out of the car port in order to jack it up and remove the panels. I did try jump starting it but the battery was past that so it is now on charge and will hopefully start tomorrow.

[Image: IMG_20140223_154727_zpshs3xn3to.jpg]

I drilled out all the rivets on the two wings and removed some of the bolts. Also found on the passenger side wing that there was a gap in the arch liner and a beach had started to form.

[Image: IMG_20140223_120856_zpsy5gg0onq.jpg]

I then decided whilst I couldnt fix the wing today I could finally get round to fitting my rear shocks. I hadnt done this before and I didnt have a guide but luckily it was simple enough. It was made a lot easer when i brought out the breaker bar so I had 3 foot of leverage. Anyway the AVO GTZ rear shocks are now on.

[Image: IMG_20140223_161613_zpswpaxqlie.jpg]

While the rear was up in the air i decided to try and stop the arches from rusting. I rolled them a few months ago but unfortunately the wheels had already scrubbed and cracked the paint before then. Last trip to halfords I got a Volkswagen Classic Red touchup pen kit for £1 on the off chance that it would be useful. Amazingly its a very good colour match and hopefully it will protect the arches a bit.

[Image: IMG_20140223_142328_zpskkbprxcb.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140223_142320_zpsfa1jkysa.jpg]

And yeh thats it for today. Lights cable tied back in for the drive home. The rear felt a lot more planted with the new shocks. Cant wait to get the new wishbones and coilovers on the front now!
Thanks given by:
Good work dude, but there's 2 dents in that wing, did your mum reverse into your car twice, so much fun ramming it she had to do it again lol
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 07:15 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Good work dude, but there's 2 dents in that wing, did your mum reverse into your car twice, so much fun ramming it she had to do it again lol

I have no idea. She asked me to move it and me and Dad said there was enough space. Which there was for anyone who isnt blind. And 5 minutes later I looked out of the window and there was a billion tonnes of freelander implanted in my car!
Thanks given by:
Well you've learnt an important lesson: don't ever tell a woman armed with a 4x4 theres plenty of room to manoeveur! Wink

Guess it's lucky you've got the estate sat around in a way...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ohhh nasty Sad

good that the estates comming in handy though

Any more progress on the engine and tb setup?
Thanks given by:
Not much progress mate. Ive been doing a half day at work today so just having lunch then ill be getting started. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Today I worked a half day at work and it turned out the wing swap actually took some time. This was the drive at 7pm!

[Image: IMG-20140224-WA0005_zpsqxonkruv.jpg]

Finally fixed my front bumper where the internal moulding was falling off. Also did some cable tie cross stitching on the crack down the middle.

[Image: IMG_20140224_191948_zps3rbauztz.jpg]

Wing fixed!

[Image: IMG_20140224_202958_zpsagyrw0yw.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140224_202939_zpsrbbcpnoz.jpg]

I always keep an eye on the gti6 club and found a member only a few miles away from me who had a beam and magnex for sale. I ended up walking away with a cat back magnex for £40! Fairly happy with it. He said it was very noisy and thats why he was selling it. Definitely looks like its noisy as the diameter is a lot bigger than stock! Anyway what I really want is a shiny tail tip!

[Image: IMG_20140224_202745_zpsbrncifly.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140224_202853_zps867eeghu.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140224_202759_zpstp6y8kdr.jpg]

Not sure how this mounts onto the cat but apparently it clamps around the bit of pipe that sticks out past the flange! We shall find out tomorrow! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I was looking at that...didn't realise he'd take so little for it! What a steal!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Wow wat a deal Smile

Ahh magnex friends ThumbsUp

Should got the beam aswell, or is yours a gti one?
Thanks given by:
Got dibs on the beam next weekend. Mine is not a Gti one but this one is. I'll be fitting the Magnex today. Hopefully it won't be too loud.
Thanks given by:
Nothing is tooo loud!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
SRowellline='1393320902' Wrote: Got dibs on the beam next weekend. Mine is not a Gti one but this one is. I'll be fitting the Magnex today. Hopefully it won't be too loud.

Second piggy never to loud Big Grin
Yeah you fit that beam to the estate or rebuild for the 1.8

Video of magnex, mine sounded hilarious on broken engine lol
Thanks given by:
I've heard a few Magnex systems with decats, but never thought they were very loud at all.... At least, my Scorpion backbox and stock middle section with decat was significantly louder/raspier than a Magnex I thought... Magnex systems seem to have less of an ability to piss off everyone with the noise than others I've heard... I thought it was the least "offensive" tone wise anyway...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I'd have made the drive up if I'd realised I could have gotten it that cheaply!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 224,599 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,818 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 13,459 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore