SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
Srowell your going to fall behind now, with Lolsteves new shell, well new car. He maybe more on the money now!
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2015, 08:37 PM)procta Wrote: Srowell your going to fall behind now, with Lolsteves new shell, well new car. He maybe more on the money now!

ive been looking for shells daily and I found a xs in diablo but seller wont reply to my messages! Hopefully something will come up soon!
Thanks given by:
Now got the OMEX ECU holders in my shapeways shop along with the centre caps. Havent actually got one printed so I hope its right if anyone buys one haha. Cant believe they are so expensive. Its because the printer always needs to build on top of something so to get the birdged parts it has to be stalks which are then removed once printing is complete so it uses a lot more material than is actually present in the finished product.

Items are here in case anyone is interested in having a look. Come in a range of funky colours!

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/SRowell
Thanks given by:
i will be wanting a holder for the omex soon but isnt high priority atm
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2015, 07:30 PM)Stef205 Wrote: i will be wanting a holder for the omex soon but isnt high priority atm

I was going to post in your project thread. Its pricey mate if you havent seen the price! D:
Thanks given by:
I did see after posting in here, might keep to my bit on stainless c channel haha
Thanks given by:
So after a few more weeks of waiting I received the 2nd print of the updated centre cap. Fits perfectly and there is quite a bit of tension in it so it takes some force to get it off again! This time I got strong and white polished which means its been through a polishing machine to make it all smother and make the edges rounder. Its great quality now and fits perfectly!

[Image: IMG-20150205-WA0013_zpsv8gnlz1d.jpeg]

Now just to get some mirror vinyl, refurb the wheels and paint these and then cut some fondmetal decals for them! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well.... its been almost 6 months now and the right 306 hasnt turned up for me to buy. I was hoping to see one today but I rang to confirm our arranged viewing and it had already sold but he didnt think to tell me before I set off on a 200 mile round trip. For anyone who doesnt know what im looking for is a Phase 3 Diablo in either 1.8 XS or GTI spec. Seem to be lots of black ones but i have lots of diablo spare parts so was hoping to get a diablo so i could use my stack of parts. Anyway seeing as I havent found the right car and show season is upon us it isnt going to take a lot to get the 1.8 on the road. When I say not a lot... with a month to go.... its quite a lot! Ive been collecting parts so got a lot to do!

Jobs:
New battery
Replace Heater Matrix
Fit Refurbished GTI Rear Beam
Fit Rear GTI6 ARB
Fit Solid Rear Beam Mounts
Fit Baker BM Engine Mounts
Fit Wrapped GTI6 Exhaust manifold, magnex decat and magnex exhaust.
Fit Seam Welded Subrframe (remove from estate)
Fit Meyle HD Wishbones (remove from estate)
Fit Lower Strut Brace
FIT GTI6 ARB
Fit GTI6 Sump
ReFit Shortshift
Full Service
Refurbish Fondmetal 4000s
Fit Spoiler
Send Coilovers off for machining or fit standard top mounts again.

There are 4 weekends in the run up to FCS. I am busy for 3 of them. I work from home 4 days a week so hopefully this will mean I can get lots of evenings on the car. If anyone is around the weekend of 30/31st thats when I am free and working on this. Any/all help appreciated.
Thanks given by:
Best get going then lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
not really that much given its all suspension related, get cracking :p
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2015, 09:01 PM)welshpug Wrote: not really that much given its all suspension related, get cracking :p

Its the matrix im worried about. And also pulling the engine out to put the gti6 exhaust manifold. Getting the coilovers machined.... no idea how someone can do it but i need about 20mm more thread going down the shaft in order to run solid top mounts and stop bottoming out. Dont know how the mapping will react to the new manifold but its a throwaway engine anyway.
Thanks given by:
Just ordered a low entry jack and 4 axle stands. Also ordered more polishing mops after my last one got clogged.

http://www.thepolishingshop.co.uk/acatal...rills.html

For anyone polishing deep dished alloys this is what you want "Steel Polishing kit 4"x1/2" mops with Menzerna Compounds".
Thanks given by:
Ask tom(bash) I'm shure we can get down one weekend and start sorting some bits out.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Right so.... Day 1 of 25 before leaving for FCS...

Ordered all the parts I need. Took the dash out to change the matrix. Got to the point where I need to get the matrix through the grommet but it will be easier to smash it to get it through. Also broke the engine side matrix piping. Solvable but id rather have a proper 1.8 pipe. If anyone has one let me know...

[Image: IMG_20150511_194535_zpspfi9g8he.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150511_194546_zpsdjoslv4w.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150511_193701_zpsah3hc7yz.jpg]

Also something I have mentioned is the refurbished GTI beam ive got. Torsion Bars from the estate were 21mm (not the special 22mm) but the ARB was tiny. Grant has given me a GTI6 ARB that I will be fitting to it soon...

[Image: 11150423_10155524245855338_4391295716234...tk9cif.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you're fitting a GTi manifold, you want GTi matrix pipes
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
if youre dropping the subframe then you can do the manifold swap then without taking the engine out.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
get toms306 out to help you!
Thanks given by:
Thanks Procta. Rolleyes He's got Bash and Bates to help him, doesn't need my hindrance. Wink
Thanks given by:
another pair of hands tom helps! plus it gets you out too!
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 09:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Thanks Procta. Rolleyes He's got Bash and Bates to help him, doesn't need my hindrance. Wink

Like procta says. An extra pair of hands is always helpful even if your there to take the Mikey out of us.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Or making the tea, tea is good and always better if someone else makes it
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 09:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Thanks Procta. Rolleyes  He's got Bash and Bates to help him, doesn't need my hindrance. Wink

Lol we need all the help we can get.

Sam it looks atm I'm working late all this week but should be able to came over Sunday.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 07:59 AM)306Dan Wrote: Or making the tea, tea is good and always better if someone else makes it

I don't drink tea... Means what I make is bloody awful...though no-one ever asks for another cup which is a bonus. lol
Thanks given by:
Right. Im going to Carl Chambers tonight to pick up a replacement GTI6 sump and GTI6 Matrix Pipes.
Thanks given by:
Ok, well convince tom to help you and the lads too! extra pair of hands, means one step further forward! Plus it will cheer tom up too!
Thanks given by:
Cheer tom up? Is that possible?
Thanks given by:
Right.... no work today but a lot of driving around getting things.

Firstly yesterday I grabbed a whole bunch of things to start sanding down in order to give them a respray.

[Image: IMG_20150512_204110_zps7tgfdmlx.jpg]

Whilst working from the delivery man came and gave me my new low entry jack and 4 axle stands

[Image: IMG_20150512_204100_zpsdmnuzqq7.jpg]

Work finished for the day and went to go and see Carl Chambers to get GTI6 Matrix Pipes and a GTI6 Sump.

[Image: IMG_20150512_175506_zpspq4sj1nd.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150512_183348_zps7ytxhu8e.jpg]

Finally a trip to B&Q and Halfords to get paint and other things....

Halfords:
2x Grey Primer
2x Silver Wheel Paint
2x Lacquer
1x Ford Graphite Grey
Hammerite Black
Hammerite Yellow
Hammerite Silver
Hammerite Red
2.5L of Gunk
DemonShine

B&Q:
Oil Drain Tray,
2x Masking Tape
Bucket
10 Brushes
Thanks given by:
Heater Matrix and sump washers just arrived! Been using some Gunk on the sump and it has worked really well. Got to paint it up next!
Thanks given by:
get tom out so he can do some work with you Si!
Thanks given by:
(13-05-2015, 03:17 PM)procta Wrote: get tom out so he can do some work with you Si!

Who's Si?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 224,959 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,833 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 13,476 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore