rotary polisher recommendations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rotary polisher recommendations
I'm a complete beginner to electric polishing... I'm after something that's going to be user friendly and car friendly.

Do I need to but special polish and wax or is the meguires I'm currently using going to be alright?

What about pads and any other accessories ive overlooked?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
machine polish normally slightly different to cope with the heat generated by the polisher
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It'll say on it if it's suitable for use with a machine polisher, if it's 205 I believe it is. You won't be using wax with a mop, still do that by hand...

I use Menzerna compounds and pads, it's expensive but worth it. Don't cheap out on the pads though whatever you buy... http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing/...d_220.html

You want to check that it's lubricated though. Some require use with water (like G3, as it's so harsh) and some are self lubricating. The ones linked above are the latter which is much better.

If you're worried about the paint and want to play it safe, get a DA one. I use a rotary which is technically better IIRC, but you have to be careful with it... Mine's just a generic Silverline branded one and does the job fine.
Thanks given by:
I'd agree with the above post, get a DA if your only starting. Takes a bit longer to correct paint but it's harder to do any damage to the paint compared to a rotary.

I've a dodo juice polisher and find it good.

Use menzerna polishs with hexlogic pads.

Depends how bad the paint is and whether you want to fix it or cover it up.
Thanks given by:
The paints not bad at all. Just a few swirls. But I want to get a real deep shine out of the Astor.

Thanks for that curt. I'll check out the website
Thanks given by:
To be honest sean, Im not expert but my best friend is a fully q'd painter n polisher and Ive spent too many hours by his side helping with deep polishing etc....
and I looked at your paint and I would say 99% sure that its been flatted and polished at least once.
the paint and shine is excellent. certainly on front end

....and thus would say apart from maybe the odd bit that needs a abrasive polish by hand, it just needs a proper good wax.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah it does. Needs a good valet.

Clay and everything. I wanna get a da out of ease more than anything!
Thanks given by:
i ve got a silverline rotary polisher use the red silverline foams all from toolstation
my method good or bad is

a good wash,
built&hammer white or blue clay,
a good wash,
towel dry,
machine over with autoglym super resin polish,
a hand wax with poorbouys wax,
polished off by hand,

get the correct colour wax for the car colour, light wax light cars, dark wax for dark cars Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  recommendations Clay bar please cully 12 2,454 24-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Last Post: samass
  Machine Polisher etc. Matty 13 3,045 29-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Matty