replacing heater matrix

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
replacing heater matrix
read a few guides on this and it seems pretty straight forward, if a little long winded.
but is there much that can go wrong apart from the clips through the bulk head being a pain.

Just going to take a long time basically?
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Getting the dash back in without any squeaks or rattles - good luck with that haha

Just make sure to check and double check everything. Very easy to nick wires or cause chaffing and shorting.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
its an old 306 it already has plenty of squeaks and rattles Smile
so just take my time and check and double check nothings caught, reckon I might have a go on the weekend
Thanks given by:
Yeah, its not too bad of a job. Just as you say long winded. Nothing technical, just lots to remove!

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2013, 11:25 AM)Grant Wrote: Yeah, its not too bad of a job. Just as you say long winded. Nothing technical, just lots to remove!

and then replace? :p

hopefully it won't be one of them where I end up with a box of left over bolts ....
Thanks given by:
Well you know the easiest thing?

Remove the bits, then don't put them back!

Becauseraceacar

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
It's an easy job. Just time consuming. You could do the whole lot in a day if your dragging your heals.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Ive managed to avoid doing this for many years due to never having issues, but found myself doing two in the last year...and honestly, cant see what the fuss was all about, very straight foward easy job to be honest.... You wont have any issues at all Joe Tongue
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
awesome thanks guys, I read a guide think it was on the 6 forum, and it sounds a piece of piss, but was worried there may have been some hinden things as you say theres always a lot of fuss about them
Thanks given by:
It's just long and boring, but not half as bad as its made out to be to be fair. I did it over a weekend, Saturday morning, then pub, then finished it Sunday. Wouldn't do it all in one go myself.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I've got to chuck the offending heap through an mot, but I reckon it should fly through, no point fixing things if its getting scrapped.

also the heaters are either on or off via an external switch at the moment so should be able to have a peak see if I can fix them at same time, does the dash come right out when its all undone or just slide forward enough to get to stuff?

only reason I ask is the dash is bubbled up a bit from sun light, so if I'm taking it out it may be worth replacing??
Thanks given by:
Dash comes straight out. Thats the most difficult bit if your on your own. Lifting it out without smashing everything to pieces!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Why take it out?

I just pull it back and do the job and put it back again, no need to remove everything / fully remove it from the car....unless you not planning on putting it back in of course haha
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Well thats it. Last time i took a 306 dash out, it wasnt going back in due to it being scrapped lol so didnt consider how much room there was to replace the matrix
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Sorry I didnt mean to come across that you were doing it wrong Niall, not at all, was just saying to save time...Im a firm believer of doing thing your own way, not how other people tell you to, nothing works better than this in the real world Smile dont take me the wrong way, as i often come arcross that way without meaning to.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(30-07-2013, 09:12 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Why take it out?

I just pull it back and do the job and put it back again, no need to remove everything / fully remove it from the car....unless you not planning on putting it back in of course haha

Well if everything had to come off to get access was thinking of maybe replacing the dash as it's bubbled, but that was earlier, I had energy and stupid ideas, the bubbling isn't bad enough to bother removing one from the scrap yard
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2013, 09:54 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Sorry I didnt mean to come across that you were doing it wrong Niall, not at all, was just saying to save time...Im a firm believer of doing thing your own way, not how other people tell you to, nothing works better than this in the real world Smile dont take me the wrong way, as i often come arcross that way without meaning to.

Nah don't worry I know! Lol

I'm thinking I might have to do the matrix in mine soon as I have a wet drivers footwell I can't seem to cure at the moment Sad
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  heater matrix flush Ben_w 3 1,520 02-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  heater matrix swap jayspug86 32 7,842 06-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jayspug86
  Heater matrix DeeTurbo 10 2,339 06-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Last Post: londondan86