Rd's bagged HDI - new boot build

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rd's bagged HDI - new boot build
I like that, its different and thats a good thing !
Thanks given by:
Love it!
Thanks given by:
Looks bloody epic, if only you could drive it like that over here.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Yeah really pleased how they came out. Hoping to replace the spoiler for a gti one soon and get the roof bars on. Its up for mot in a week or two thougj so will have to be raised and lowered again Sad

[attachment=15978]
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2014, 02:29 PM)rd070707 Wrote: Yeah really pleased how they came out. Hoping to replace the spoiler for a gti one soon and get the roof bars on. Its up for mot in a week or two thougj so will have to be raised and lowered again Sad

Have one here just outside ballymena..
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure on the couloir on the silver tbh, don't get me wrong it looks good just really unsure myself
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Right been a while since i updated this, I am getting mcglynns paddle clutch in a few weeks and she will be getting a cheeky stage 2 map all being well if the Hg isnt blown.

This is how she sits atm waiting her MOT lol

[attachment=16381]

Only annoying problem is that i cant get the front bumper to sit 100%. It sags down from the grille in the middle even with the mounting nuts tightened as high as it will go. Anyone any ideas how i could get it to sit flush with the bottom of the grille/ hockey sticks?

[attachment=16382]
Thanks given by:
I would try and level the sides out to what it is in the middle. Looks to be too high where the bumper meets the wing.
Thanks given by:
Managed to get the bumper sitting better although still needs slight tweeking but not much point as it will all be coming off again to fit fmic

[attachment=16423]

Managed to get an absolute bargain of a fmic as I thought mine was too small. So i got this nice twin pass dirt cheap Smile

[attachment=16424]

So hopefully get that fittef along with the cg paddle after holidays, cant wait Smile

Cant wait to get it slammed again

[attachment=16425]

[attachment=16426]
Thanks given by:
Looking awesome, are those painted kingfisher green? Looked to be sitting perfect! (before MOT.. lol)
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its actually a citroen green off a ds3 believe it or not. But yeah sits nice in that pic
Thanks given by:
Sooo... havent updated this in a while.

No longer getting the paddle off eoghan as he has grew a set and has some epic plans for his Hdi which require the clutch. So keep an eye out for that

Anyway still gonna plumb the fmic and go limited stage 2 for a while and just focus on tarting the car up a bit.

Have my eyes on more wheels going even wider than I have now so excited about that hopefully I can get the set I want Smile

I fitted a new bootlid the other day with a standard ph3 spoiler on and the roof bars are on Smile

[attachment=16813]

[attachment=16814]

Need to whip the top engine mount out as i have a feeling the cup is cracked as I have a clicking noise when i move off as well as a bit of movement
Thanks given by:
Looking smart mate.

Sorry about the clutch dude as you say ive got the prioriyies sorted lol, the HDi is staying!

Whered u get the roof bars as they'd be a good shout for me if im travelling as im always going places with the car.
Thanks given by:
got them months ago bud off ebay I think, just didnt want to fit them with the other spoiler lol.

And no worries about the clutch, you need it more than me Wink
Thanks given by:
Some recent photos of her Smile

[attachment=17407]

[attachment=17408]

[attachment=17409]

[attachment=17410]

Dat rake tho...

[attachment=17411]

New wheels on the way Smile excited!
Thanks given by:
Okay haven't updated this in a while. Plans havent taken quite a change in direction lol. I ditched the idea of stage 2 as I will mainly be using it to travel to uni for the next few years and want it to be as reliable and economical as possible.

So the new plan was to fit air suspension so I could actually drive the thing on most roads without hitting the roof and avoiding speedbumps.

So the planning began and I built up a kit ready to install.

very basic boot build atm just until i get it in and working 100%

[attachment=18789]

How the front sits fully down atm but im in the process of making custom top mounts hopefully to get me to the rim

[attachment=18790]

So this is how she sits now, I am in the process of fitting the rear bags which should be finished tomorrow, this was obviously the most time consuming bit of the job having to modify the rear axle.

[attachment=18791]
Thanks given by:
Looking sweet, nice to see someone putting the effort in and getting it on air, but thats just not the low life, whats the spec on the wheels? Width and offset? Just out of interest. Tidy job though, keep us up to date.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol yeah I know, don't feel as hardcore driving about aired up now lol. The steels are 16x8 and 16x8.5j, very low offset cant remember 100%.

Putting it in the rear has been quite a ballache and its taken a while but will be worth it in the end.
Thanks given by:
How did I miss these wheels? Nursing a semi right now! Fecking gorgeous!
Thanks given by:
Thanks bud im aiming for something like this at the back

[attachment=18811]
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 07:52 AM)rd070707 Wrote: Putting it in the rear has been quite a ballache and its taken a while but will be worth it in the end.

Each to their own I guess, try a bit of lube next time...
Thanks given by:
I'm curious how you will fit it in the rear.
Keep going looks very cool =)
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 08:50 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 07:52 AM)rd070707 Wrote: Putting it in the rear has been quite a ballache and its taken a while but will be worth it in the end.

Each to their own I guess, try a bit of lube next time...

Haha good one tom, if only it was that easy...
Thanks given by:
So the rear bags are in. Everything going nicely so far just hope it doesnt fall apart haha.

This is the fitment though

[attachment=18846]

Could go down more im just scared to wreck the arch lol

And my custom 0mm torsion bars Wink

[attachment=18847]
Thanks given by:
OoohBig Grin, any more pics of the bags in the car? Did they work out expensive?
Thanks given by:
I will get pics once its all painted up and finished. Yeah they did, although i dont want to calculate a total figure as such haha.

Im happy for now, need another 10mm at the front for perfect stance then some new wheels might be on the cards
Thanks given by:
God I want this.
Thanks given by:
Lol shes not for sale unfortunately. Hopefully make fcs this year at least
Thanks given by:
Looks brilliant this, good job
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2014, 08:34 PM)rd070707 Wrote: I will get pics once its all painted up and finished. Yeah they did, although i dont want to calculate a total figure as such haha.

Im happy for now, need another 10mm at the front for perfect stance then some new wheels might be on the cards

Get some pics of how you done the rear if you can, be interesting to see how you done it. I find its best to not even think about how much youve spent lol
Thanks given by: