Rd's bagged HDI - new boot build

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rd's bagged HDI - new boot build
So I finally got myself a new HDI yesterday, its has only done 71k from new which was my main attraction.

Bodywork is as clean as I have seen on a 306 which is nice, its pretty much mint

Anyway a few pics

[Image: 2rc73v5.jpg]

[Image: adytyu.jpg]

few small niggles with it though, theres a loud clunk from what I think is the passenger front side when turning a low speed, you dont hear it when cornering at speed.

it had a fault code stored to do with low pressure fuel short circuit or open circuit, but car starts absolutely fine but I believe ever so slightly down on power. But i suspect I have a leak at the fuel filter housing which I will investigate further.

plus when you close the passenger door all the doors lock lol, suspecting its the loom at fault? and the passenger window is missing a clip so it kinda falls to the side

But I love it! Future plans include:

Full service including cambelt
fix locking problem
fix front end knock / rebush
stage one map and possibly stage 2 as and when i can afford a clutch upgrade
refurb minilites and fit them and remove spoiler lol

any comments welcome Smile
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Had this 3 weeks now, absolutely love it so far!

have ordered a dayco cambelt kit and genuine water pump to go on next week to get the boring bits out of the way.

Have noticed the slight tinkering noise at idle with the clutch out so have the idea of saving for a new clutch in my head atm although I have been looking everywhere for new wheels as I fancy something different to the minilites and it needs stance!

just gonna use this to create a list of to do's if you like to keep me on track :

- cambelt and waterpump

- change splitter from espace to gti ( espace one is for sale if anybody wanted it)

- investigate pinging Coilovers / maybe swap out for my old ones

- do earth mod on maf wiring to try clear my eml

- new wheels! looking at bbs rs style or maybe banded steels, want something original

- lower front end extra 20mm

- tap boost gauge and fit it to my centre console I got of just Sean

- straight through exhaust, thinking 2.5" with just backbox

- then stage one map, if I am sure it won't just cause my release bearing to blow, might do clutch first

- fully rebush front end

- black masks and fog tints

a few pics of how it stands now

[Image: 2z53iv4.jpg]

[Image: 2hr3fqs.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Alright thought id give this a quick update as it's been a while lol. She's decided to cut out just before Christmas, needs a new lift pump I suspect.

Plans for after the new year now are heading towards more lows, new wheels and a stage one. I want it to be as low static as I can get lol.

Anyway some pics of her if nothing else...

[attachment=12201]

[attachment=12202]

[attachment=12203]

[attachment=12204]

Can't wait til after new year for more time/ money to prepare her for summer
Thanks given by:
Can't tell on my phone, but if that's the dark metallic silver, that's my favourite 306 colour. Bin off the spoiler and mud flaps, and get some nice wheels on it and that'll be lovely.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Looks like you have purchase a really nice looking hdi there,well done and enjoy Wink
Thanks given by:
I think some wide wheels need to be on this!!
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good actually. Love the colour. Let me know if you want a stage 1 doing.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Sam I think you are right! Told myself I'd wait til the new year by I'm looking every dag now to see what's about lol. Yeah I said the spoiler would come off the day I bought it but I've not got round to it yet :/

I didn't set out to get a silver one but love it now!
Thanks given by:
Mu comps would look nice on this Wink
Thanks given by:
By then it would look just like yours Tongue been looking at a set of rh topline
Thanks given by:
Haha yeah man
Thanks given by:
Not that that would be a bad thing lol, just want it to be different Smile
Thanks given by:
Okay haven't updated this in a good while

Sorted out the clonking by fitting new top mounts and bearings with my coilovers and more LOWS haha.

Mcglynn kindly came and sorted a stage one from Jammapic for me which has transformed the car absolutely love the difference, much smoother and pleasant to drive. But after having a run out in his, I am hungry for stage 2 now

Any next up was fitting the banded steels. Managed to source a set of brand spanking 16" berlingo steels and set about getting them banded.

This is how they looked when they arrived

[attachment=13949]

and painted with tyres fitted, quite a nice stretch with 195/40's

[attachment=13950]

fitted them to the car with a lot of bumping and bashing at the arches lol but I am pleased with the fitment

[attachment=13948]

[attachment=13951]

and it is now very low...

[attachment=13952]

Got my exhaust fitted today as well full straight through to midbox which definately makes the torque more punchy and quicker spool etc which is nice

Plans now are stage 2 in a few months, more lows and lots of interior work such as nice seats, flocking etc to make it a bit nicer to sit in Smile
Thanks given by:
Lovely!
Must keep an eye out for this, you from Ballymoney?
Thanks given by:
I am indeed how'd you know?
Thanks given by:
I think i seen it mentioned in another thread?
Did you have a 30 on purple wheels at a time? Seen it about a few times on the Coleraine/ Balymoney line.
Maybe i put 2 & 2 together if it wasnt mentioned before.
Thanks given by:
Some wagon now! Shes low and not so slow Wink

Good man ill get a look at it 2moro, get coloured wheel nuts or chrome ones or the likes though!
Thanks given by:
Yeah that was my old hdi anto lol

Eoghan she's still slow but the power is there I'm just waiting for a flat bit of road haha. Aye tried all the scrappies today for centre caps etc no joy. So that may wait il later in the week
Thanks given by:
Il keep a look out for you, if you see a dark grey C4 or a nile blue 306 flashing at you thats me.
Thanks given by:
Okay dude, where you from yourself?
Thanks given by:
Portstewart, i be up and down that Ballymoney line every weekday for work...
Thanks given by:
Ahhh very good must keep an eye out. Know anyone breaking a berlingo or partner? Need centre caps haha
Thanks given by:
looks very tidy, love the wheels
Thanks given by:
I dont chap.
You tried the usual breakers? McAuleys, Higgins, Castleroe, Quinns, McMullan?
Thanks given by:
Haven't tried mcmullans which will probs be my best shout
Thanks given by:
Sits spot on dude front slightly needs to come down by 10 mm ish?
Thanks given by:
I've got 15mm tread left on the coils but cant get in my drive atm and think a driveshafts on the way put already lol. But will see....it's nearly flush as is but as you say 10mm would be nice
Thanks given by:
Sitting pretty in work today, kind of makes the other cars look like monster trucks haha

[attachment=14063]

[attachment=14064]

Will be going 10mm lower on the front when I get the front arches rolled.

Missed out on dum dums helix paddle but have now decided I'm gonna save for a cg paddle and fit the cooler in the next week or two.

Also picking up a scorpion back box for a bit more grunt over the midbox backbox and hopefully getting some flocking done from piggy soon.
Thanks given by:
That looks dead smart Smile
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2014, 11:46 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: That looks dead smart Smile

Thanks bud, starting to look how I want at last. Once the 3 leg spoiler is off and replaced with another gti one it should help it too
Thanks given by: