Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
Me too. One hour to go, raised the front another 5mm and softened the dampers. Seems to have drastically reduced the banging, only a thud now on massive bumps. Trimmed the rear bumper too to help clearance.

Annoying thing about 2nd hand dampers, can't say for definite if the adjustability is for bound or rebound..
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Annoying thing about 2nd hand dampers, can't say for definite if the adjustability is for bound or rebound..

Call D2 and ask?
Thanks given by:
They made two different versions and can't see any part numbers on these Sad

Never mind, softer seems to be working better.
Thanks given by:
so what happend with mot? good or bad?
Thanks given by:
Judge Dead Wrote:so what happend with mot? good or bad?

Passed, done, sorted AFAIK!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Yip, all legal and no advisories. Been driving it for a couple of days now and alls good apart from a slight leak from a coolant pipe and a blown boost hose, will be rectified tomorrow though!
Thanks given by:
cool been meaning to jump round ures with the cover keep forgetting tho il try get up this weekend
Thanks given by:
French car show this weekend mate so I'll no be here lol
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Yip, all legal and no advisories. Been driving it for a couple of days now and alls good apart from a slight leak from a coolant pipe and a blown boost hose, will be rectified tomorrow though!

I will have a good selection of tools in the boot so no worries as long as you make it as far as Blackpool lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
We need a secret signal a la team America lmao
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:They made two different versions and can't see any part numbers on these Sad

Never mind, softer seems to be working better.

They made 4 different types for the 306 bud road,track,snow,rally
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well that just complicates things more! Going to speak to them about shorter damper inserts as these do not go low at all. They're bottoming out at 80mm so had to raise it to be driveable
Thanks given by:
Well.. that's it. Last day to work on the car has come and gone and i'm not happy tbh. Radiator cap is hissing but car isn't overheating, going to try my spare radiator cap and hope for the best. Weird thing is that every time I drive it since redoing the coolant the temp gauge surges up to just under 100deg in about 3 minutes then settles way back down to 70 or so, then stays steady at just over 80degrees at all times. Airlock passing the thermostat possibly?

Cosmetically made a couple of tweaks today so this is how she'll look cruising down the M6 tomorrow afternoon. Kinda glad i'm staying with my parents tomorrow night and Sunday night as it breaks up the journey nicely, for a fresh coolant and bleed session each time if needed. Haven't had time to bead the pipes properly either so no 20+psi bursts down the motorway, driving like a granny to keep it under 10psi even though I probably don't need to be THAT slow lol

As long as it makes it to FCS and back i'll worry about a new head/skim/gasket at a later date.

Anyway changed the front splitter today and wired in my 406 Coupé auto dim mirror, absolute doddle but my car has no rain sensitive wipers so had to modify the mirror mount slightly, fits fine but there's a bit of black conduit sticking out on show for the wiring. Ho hum, mirror's epic though and visibility is much better than the standard one. Also raised the rear by 10mm as i'll be carrying a feck load of stuff down the motorway with me including a gearbox so need the clearance lmao

Here's the last pics you'll all see before you see it in person on Saturday/Sunday.

[Image: DSCF1976.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1985.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1983copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1982copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1981copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1980copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1975copy.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks epic mate
Got my fingers crossed for the Potential HG issue. Mine used to hiss and it turned out the seal on the rad cap had gone. New one solved it so hope it's simple like that for you.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
impressive stuff and i really do hope that the journey goes well for you!
Thanks given by:
Absolutely bricking it about the journey. Done 250 miles the last couple of days and hasn't overheated, can't judge if it's drinking coolant though as had a loose clamp that lost a lot of coolant and me being a spaz opened the rad cap just after driving 50 miles in an attempt to locate the hiss, so lost a couple of litres there too lmao

5L bottle of water in the boot, see what happens. Hasn't been overheating though so it MAY be ok.
Thanks given by:
Still can't believe how quick you put this together. Mental! Great job!

Ditto to the above, I took out breakdown cover today :p
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Got breakdown cover? lmao

You'll be fine mate!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Aye full AA cover with proper roadside relay, none of this "nearest garage" malarkey. Funny thing is i'm on my parents' cover and their home is Blackpool. So if I need a home start, i'm actually 190 miles away from home, so i get a jump start at my house lmao
Thanks given by:
Love it! Can't wait to meet you at the services and have a proper look Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Looks lovely
[Image: 20120110_141823-1-1-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
good look with your journey mate. this is the main car i wanna see at fcs so you better make it. see you their mate.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good luck mate. I'm, sure you'll be fine!

Really wanna see this at FCS, the pictures look epic, credit to your work!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Have you driven it at all with the rad cap off? That's what Jake did in the end to remove all of the air locks, give it a try...
Thanks given by:
^^ I don't think Ruan even has a rad-cap anymore on his LOL
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Drive it for how long with the cap off Dan?

D-day ninja
Thanks given by:
Just get it up to temperature and use all of the rev range a few times
Thanks given by:
nice to see this not sat on a drive and in different scenery! top work so far matey!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Just remember, if the temperature goes above 90*c - STOP and find out why... Running them over 90*C - especially bringing it on boost with it over 90*C is a recipe for popping head gaskets...

As long as you're nice to it, it'll be fine... Mine's been eating/spewing coolant for about 6 months now and it's still fine, just takes a little mechanical sympathy!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
That's the thing Ruan, it gets to about 90deg ONCE about 3 minutes after starting the car and then settles back down to bang on 80 degrees. Not been taking it on boost since the hose popped, been keeping it under 10psi just to be safe.

The temp skyrocketed when the boost hose popped off, guess because I had my foot planted it spewed a load of unburned fuel in and shot the EGT's through the roof?

Rad cap is still hissing, haven't changed it, but nothing's coming out of the overflow tank. Ah well, will find out about the durability of the thing in a couple of hours!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,400 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707