Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
Obligatory make-the-last-post-appear post

(08-01-2013, 06:14 PM)Dave Wrote: I haven't read the last 42 pages of your thread, but do you have a restrictor in your oil line?

Dave, the GT2056 has a built in restrictor at the seat of the oil feed channel. No restrictors are run on these on the vans, just a banjo'd fitting.

Starting boring at a measly 16psi with this. Then slowly building up to 20psi. Changing the oil in a few weeks for some Gulf fully synth stuff, just running cheap oil to bed everything in and make sure it works, avoiding long in-gear pulls, so don't expect any 30-70 videos any times soon.

Once on the fully synth i'll probably go 22-23psi tops. Sure it'll be torquey enough at that. Headline bhp figures don't interest me tbh as when am I ever going to see it in the real world?

Just been out and stocked up on oil, filters, and some clean PVC tubing for the MBC and actuator. Early start tomorrow. Just hope my V5 arrives soon so I can go play...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
By the way Chris you don't need to post for the last post to appear. If it says there's an extra page but when you click the page number it takes you to page one, then the last post on the last thread is the most recent post. The issue with the pages is a mybb issue that hasn't been fixed yet.
Thanks given by:
turbo looks nice and shiney Smile how come you need a actuator when its already got one
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
This comes with a vac actuator as standard, i need a boost one Sad
Thanks given by:
Invert it Chris, I did it on mine, just needs some sealing. Glad you got one, hope she's back on the road soon!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Nah I inverted the last one but when I was testing it the diaphragm slipped and I couldn't be arsed so decided to go with a T2 one.
Thanks given by:
ARGH YOU lady garden!

No don't worry, i've not killed another blower. But really struggled today with my usual redneck engineering. Turns out the transformer in the garage I use for my drill and angle grinder has been taken back to my brother in law's work. It had been there for 4 years but he decided to walk out of his job and handed all his tools in.

He's also handed in half of my tools too, needle nose pliers, couple of spanners and sockets.. raging.

Managed to make progress albeit not as fast as I'd hoped. Anything needing a grind had to be hacksawed, anything needing drilled had to be done with my 24v cordless. Still did the job but took AGES..

So completed today:

Degreased all the FMIC pipes and drained the intercooler
Ported the wastegate from 17mm to 20mm and gasket matched the turbine inlet
Stripped, checked, reassembled and clocked the turbo with the T2 actuator tested and fitted, opens at about 14psi which seems about right. Interestingly the CHRA parts have been balanced individually, so if I went to a 60mm compressor wheel one day it wouldn't need rebalanced if the new wheel was also balanced individually... ninja
Mounted the turbo to the exhaust mani with a new EGT sender and new genuine gaskets for everything. They came free with the turbo so hey, i'm not complaining! No more cereal box gaskets lmao
Refitted the manifolds and sat the engine back on its mounts
Refitted all the FMIC pipework

Not much left to do, need to plumb in the oil return now, change the oil and filter, wire up the new sender and we should be good to go. May even clean the car tomorrow for its first run.

Going to pay for car tax online and keep a receipt of it in the car, can't find my f*cking MOT certificate. Doh. Desperate to get driving again and tbh.. i'll take the hit on failing to display if I get stopped. Should be ok as Police round here never really check, it was parked on a main road for two weeks before I remembered it expired and nothing was ever said. Once it's taxed and shows up as taxed on ANPR i'll be even less likely to be stopped anyway. f*ck it.
Thanks given by:
So your a day late destroying a turbo then!!!

As Per my last post shall we change Thursday to Friday?

Lol really hope you get it sorted!

f*ck me your a Scot!! Bet it's killing you spending this much money lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lmao

Yeah it's worrying how much i've spent on turbos in two months, but then again they're very valuable lessons i've learned.
Thanks given by:
like your attitude. i drove round once with no tax for nearly 3 months. and got away with it. my bad.

car sounds like its not far off. hope you dont have to many problems with her.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah don't know how you got away with that mate! Tax is a nightmare to avoid, I knew something was up when the missus phoned soon after I left saying traffics were crawling up and down our street looking for "something". Just as I set off I went to the petrol station across the road, ANPR has obviously picked the car up and reported it, police were here within 10 mins of me leaving.

My car's recognisable though, if they know the car they know where it stays most of the time. Been on my inlaws' drive the last few weeks though.
Thanks given by:
Same round here bud! I pass at least 5 traffic cars every day!! I would never get away with no tax
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
bummer about the transformer but least you done what you needed to do. has the actuator arrived yet?
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
i wouldnt have said that theirs any visual differences from yours to any other 306 estate. oh, hang on a min..
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah Karl actuator arrived yesterday, took me a day to remove the oil from it lmao
Thanks given by:
that was quick Smile. haha it was just highly lubricated thats all ninja
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
It made getting the hose on easier, so thanks for that

lmao
Thanks given by:
lmao no worrys mate hope it does its job. cant wait to hear how it goes
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
broke it again yet?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Did you really use cereal box's to make your old turbo gasket!?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Im looking forward to the next update. Hope it all goes well! Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 11:21 PM)Ricky Wrote: Did you really use cereal box's to make your old turbo gasket!?

Yep lmao
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2013, 09:52 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(09-01-2013, 11:21 PM)Ricky Wrote: Did you really use cereal box's to make your old turbo gasket!?

Yep lmao

I would have thought that would catch fire!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Nahh the oil return gasket I mean. Exhaust elbow and mani join were just bolted up and gun gummed at the edges but it didn't actually blow. Probably would under pressure but never found out lmao
Thanks given by:
f*cking LOL. I'm fed up of this car.

Me being me, didn't put enough preload on the actuator, so it now make a lovely 3psi peak boost ninja

Got dark by the time it was on its wheels so i'll sort that tomorrow. Oh and a great way to get oil out your win pipe. Give it a rev. Garden's f*cking covered in it, mother in law is NOT happy lmao

[Image: photo11-1.jpg]

So here it is for one more night. f*ck getting under that thing in that dark foggyness...

[Image: photo12-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lmao that oil pic is amazing! You should make a thread of how not to upgrade a turboTMI
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
When I saw the oil I thought you had blown it already!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2013, 07:46 PM)Ricky Wrote: When I saw the oil I thought you had blown it already!

This! lol

I facepalmed, then read you hadn't f*cked it*

*yet
Thanks given by:
ninja

Well it's not making any boost but it IS going "whooooosht" so yeah, go figure.

Gotta say I was shitting it a bit with the amount of smoke coming out for the first ten mins. Revved it, smoke cleared. Guess that pic explains why lmao
Thanks given by:
oh dear. gotta wait till tomorrow now to hear about this power Sad
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,407 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707