Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
wouldnt fancy being the tyre fitter who tried to get them off what a knightmare that will be lol
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Kezzieboy Wrote:Yeah, looks silly, never mind lol

Why is it only me and you can see sense? lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:

Why is it only me and you are practical and boring? lol

EFA Wink
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^^ lol

Looks awesome, love the improvisation with the weight lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Ha, we just needed something bastardly heavy! Tried it with Xav stood on the wheel but that seemed to look like it could end badly with the amount of fire about the place. Massive random boulders ftw!
Thanks given by:

yeah and im not to sure there entirely legal either

Thanks given by:
Not to be a killjoy but it should probably be mentioned that we don't recommend anyone attempting to fit a tyre using fire, explosives, boulders and bricks.
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Not to be a killjoy but it should probably be mentioned that we don't recommend anyone attempting to fit a tyre using fire, explosives, boulders and bricks.

What better way is there? Pray tell your minions oh master ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hitchos Wrote:

yeah and im not to sure there entirely legal either

They're as legal as fitting any tyre to any wheel. There are manufacturer recommendations but no legal tyre size for a given width. The only legality issue is that of safety which is in the eye of the officer questioning them. If the officer feels they are unsafe then they can dish out cautions/fines/points even, but in a court of law it would be the officer's prerogative to justify WHY they think it is unsafe.

On those grounds you could argue that Jimmy McPikey's car should also be illegal because it's running on its bump stops and handles like a bag of crap. There's nothing to say you can't legally have rock solid static suspension, but is it safe for him to do so?

Anyway, keep this out of the thread please. It's a build thread, not one to discuss what becomes a very tiresome subject. C&C welcome as always but I really cba sifting through umpteen pages of "is it this/that/the other" as there's plenty of discussion about it all over the internet.
Thanks given by:
Hey im just telling you what im seeing they are wider than the arches thats illegal mabye you will never be stopped by the police mabye you will just expressing my opinion

Thanks given by:
The arches haven't been rolled yet. And the tread is nearly all covered. And on various Police forums it seems that wheels are allowed to extend a maximum of 30mm past the arches as long as the tread pattern is covered.

Massive grey area and will depend purely on what the officiating Police Force has decided is acceptable. Appreciate your opinion, just know from experience this could easily turn into 20+ pages of opinions and very little fact.
Thanks given by:

Totally agree, looks shite tbh! Doh

Why the hell did you get rid of a nice car for this....and then ruin it even more? :?
Thanks given by:
oh i would not hit the kerb to hard cause tbh it will pop the bead of the rim oh yeah and wreck the alloy

Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:

Totally agree, looks shite tbh! Doh

Why the hell did you get rid of a nice car for this....and then ruin it even more? :?

Because the nice car was a pile of crap, and then the new car will be spotless?

It's a play thing, a show piece. Driving "fast" in a GTI6 gets boring very quickly. In fact i've been bored of it for about 18 months now. You can't drive it properly without a track day, and they're expensive, and you can't drive it as a family car as its running costs don't justify the practicality of it.

It's only a car. I have a van for work, and i'm getting back into the show scene this year, and i'm making a car that I want as opposed to one that everyone else loves.

Next up? Carzone body kit. That should upset a few more people! lmao

And Hitchos, you shouldn't be hitting kerbs anyway, that's a schoolboy thing to do right there Wink
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome bud!! I would do it on mine as I love the look but prefer hooning it down the country lanes
Thanks given by:
I think you will find everybody mis judges it sometimes im just saying be carful last thing you wanna do is hit a kerb and puncture the tyre and or damage the wheel

Thanks given by:
Guys this isnt the place. If you want an argument over tyre stretch then START ANOTHER THREAD somewhere appropriate.

As far as Im concerned Falken have done some testing with stretched tyres and think theyer OK (as stated above in this thread) so if the manufacturer thinks theyer OK and nobody can give me the Law (act and section) that says theyer illegal then you can all GTFO.

I may clean this thread later if I can be bothered.
Thanks given by:
what? no roley poley pics chris?? im disgusted
Thanks given by:
Seriously WTF is everyone's problem?? He has even asked nicely to not go on about the age old argument but you still carry on! If you really care that much then GTFO and start a new thread instead of spamming the crap out of this one!

cwspellowe Wrote:Ha, we just needed something bastardly heavy! Tried it with Xav stood on the wheel but that seemed to look like it could end badly with the amount of fire about the place. Massive random boulders ftw!

Yeah I see where your coming from but needs must and all that Big Grin

cwspellowe Wrote:Because the nice car was a pile of crap, and then the new car will be spotless?

It's a play thing, a show piece. Driving "fast" in a GTI6 gets boring very quickly. In fact i've been bored of it for about 18 months now. You can't drive it properly without a track day, and they're expensive, and you can't drive it as a family car as its running costs don't justify the practicality of it.

It's only a car. I have a van for work, and i'm getting back into the show scene this year, and i'm making a car that I want as opposed to one that everyone else loves.

Next up? Carzone body kit. That should upset a few more people! lmao

And Hitchos, you shouldn't be hitting kerbs anyway, that's a schoolboy thing to do right there Wink

lol

Love it, IMO just keep doing what your doing!

I think that Dumdum has hit the nail on the head there TBH too Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
^^^^^yep
Thanks given by:
f*ck me Chris, don't you dare do something 'different' to a 306. Where are the bloody cyclones at?! Keep it sensible will ya :roll:
Thanks given by:
It looks better then I thought! Could be good.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe, im just writing this to say sorry if you think i was having a go i didnt mean to destroy your thread i dont want to fall out with anybody about this i was in a bit of a mood last night and shouldnt have boght it on here no doubt the car will look mint when you have finished with it and tbh i cant wait for the results

If you have any other tyre related questions dont hesitate to ask

Sorry again

Thanks given by:
Don't worry mate I'm sure Chris will be fine about it, not everyone has the same taste and if you've ever been on 306gti6 you'll know Chris will have had much worse than anything you've said. Hell, they'd probably call him a lady garden for even thinking about buying a diesel lol
Thanks given by:
Ha, honestly it's fine, but as said I think tyre discussion could be kept to another thread.

I've gotten plenty of stick in the past, imagine telling the "30mm on cyclones" club you're painting your car yellow and covering it in stickers. Think that went well? Funny thing though is that when it was finished, a lot of the critics were won over.

This car wont please everyone, but it WILL be at FCS so feel free to have a look over when alls finished and done (unless I die from a blowout half way down the M6 lmao)
Thanks given by:
xav Wrote:what? no roley poley pics chris?? im disgusted

lmao you fair move for a guy with cancer!
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Ha, honestly it's fine, but as said I think tyre discussion could be kept to another thread.

I've gotten plenty of stick in the past, imagine telling the "30mm on cyclones" club you're painting your car yellow and covering it in stickers. Think that went well? Funny thing though is that when it was finished, a lot of the critics were won over.

This car wont please everyone, but it WILL be at FCS so feel free to have a look over when alls finished and done (unless I die from a blowout half way down the M6 lmao)

You better be on our stand at FCS.

At this rate we will need a euro section to the stand haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Ha, honestly it's fine, but as said I think tyre discussion could be kept to another thread.

If i do go ill follow you down and when it blows out ill tell ya i told you so lol no seriosuly tho if i can make it ill have a look defantly and then you can look at mine and point and laugh as i think mine will be the only standerd one there, hope it dosnt blow out mind wouldnt look right been on the stand with 3 alloys and a steel wheel lol

Thanks given by:
I like stretch but some times too much is just gettign silly

And this is why:

[Image: 228388_10150185428781961_515706960_71654...1355_n.jpg]

He had this happen to him a couple of times i think.

Back on topic, hurry up and get the estate, just wheels doesn't make it project worthy yet. Looking forward to some real progress Smile
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Can i make it to 5 pages without a car?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,389 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707