Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
Isn't this finished yet? Geeeez, get on with it man :roll: x
Thanks given by:
We are waiting! Hurry up! Haah.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Geo, was just wondering as all the sellers on ebay kept telling me they were sold out. Managed to get some in the end but was after the BBS RS reps instead, but Dare don't have any more until March/April Sad

Might just get a set of them too and use these as Winter wheels. haha.

Good news though, Gav's nearly got the engine out of it at his so I can get it transported up to me ready to start fettling. Can't wait but i'm chomping at the bit here!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ho hum, three pages already and not even got the car yet!

Might as well list the things i've got waiting for the 'state

New bits:

TA Technix coilies
Top mounts and bearings
Pressed number plates
Aux belt
16x8/9 wheels ET25/35
195/40/16 Falken ZE912's
Flush fit tyre valves
80mm/100mm studs and polished nuts
20mm spacers front, 40mm rear, giving ET+5/-5
Boost gauge

Old bits going on:

Refurbished GTI6 rear beam inc callipers and ZX Volcane shocks
GTI6 283mm front callipers, discs, pads and master cylinder
Low mileage T2 with minimal play
Inlet/exhaust manifold gasket (one piece)
Depo graphite grey masked headlights with 6k HID's
Smoothed black bonnet
Smoothed grille
Phase 3 front bumper
OMP Corsica rep steering wheel and boss kit
GTI6 front ARB
My GTI6 hubs with nearly new bearings
GTI6 wishbones with new bushes
STICKORZ!

Oh and the planned list:

Partially smoothed bumpers
Bianca white smooth bonnet
Red centres on the wheels
Rolled arches
Headlight washers
Roof rack removed
Gloss black roof

..and probably loads more?
Thanks given by:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

that is all
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Gah what a ball ache today's been!

Got the 8J's popped on no bother at all, and tbh its a pretty modest stretch. The 9J's are proving to be lady gardens though, combination of a couple of inner tubes and brake cleaner and just couldn't get them to pop on! Tomorrow's another day though...

Here y'are though. Nice mounted 8J

[Image: photo3.jpg]

[Image: photo4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good! Not as much stretch as i expected
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wait til I get the 9's mounted...
Thanks given by:
Falken 912's, good choice, like the list and look forward to the progress Smile

Falken have also tested their tyre's when fitted stretched and found no problems/ adverse effects at all before people start harping on about safety too Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Falken 912's, good choice, like the list and look forward to the progress Smile

Falken have also tested their tyre's when fitted stretched and found no problems/ adverse effects at all before people start harping on about safety too Wink

Massively mixed opinions, but yes, as long as the bead seats correctly and the correct psi is used they're as safe as unstretched tyres. But no, I don't want that conversation on here.

Tomorrow's mission:

[Image: photo5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Feck me those will look good if you can get them seated! dont think they will be too bad at all Smile I had a set of the 912's and thought they were good for the cost, awesome in the dry, good in the wet and wear pretty well too, pretty sure dumdum is a fan also, I am a massive fan of the rainsports myself but they have stopped making them in 16" for some reason so i'm going back to these now!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
912's are the shit! I have these for my new wheels and love them!

I think too much stretch is gay, the 8j is perfect. But you may change my mind!
Thanks given by:
Sweet my pal runs his own tyre place, he has a tool that you fill the hoofing great gas bottle up with air stick inside the bead a press the trigger and bang, he does a lot off off road stuff, it's scary to use ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Aye a bead blaster? Could do with one of them tbh. 4 bar or air released in one go, boom!
Thanks given by:
Yep ZE912s are my favourite tyre (well favourite that i can afford)
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Sweet my pal runs his own tyre place, he has a tool that you fill the hoofing great gas bottle up with air stick inside the bead a press the trigger and bang, he does a lot off off road stuff, it's scary to use ha ha

yeah we called it the bead cheater lol
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good.
wait for the finish Tongue
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
absoloute stretch on that rim! good luck with it!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Any luck with getting it on?
Thanks given by:
Hmmmm, still not a fan of stretch, the 8J doesn't look too bad, but I can't help but think the 9J will look gash :/
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Kezzieboy look away, just about to upload today's pics haha
Thanks given by:
Right, some good progress today. Still no car, so the old Sundance was our test mule yet again.

Firstly, the 9J's. As seen in my earlier picture, there's quite a bit to go before the tyre seats properly. This proved to be a PITA yesterday, the gap was too big to explode it on as the flammable stuff dispersed out the sides of the tyres instead of bursting the tyres on, and the inner tube trick didn't work as, when the tyre started to stretch, the inner tube popped out and the tyre shrank back to normal again. Singed pretty much ALL my facial hair yesterday and was walking round last night with a rather funny smell coming from my face. Result.

Lesson learned, did a bit of research last night and came up with a new plan of action.

We (Me and Xav) first got the tyre over one bead using a combination of inner tube to seal one side and explosion on the other. We also changed explosives, having seen cheap crappy "Insette" hair spray used successfully on various YouTube videos. Yesterday's combo of brake cleaner, easy start, Right Guard and Old Spice was doing nothing but cause frankly rather dangerous fires left right and centre, whereas this stuff seems to be explosive rather than flammable. Safety first and all that...

First bead popped on absolutely fine. But that still left the problem of the massive gap to the other bead. At least one side was sealed anyway, meaning all we had to do was close the gap between the tyre and the bead before exploding it.

We created this rig:

[Image: DSCF1464.jpg]

About 100kg of dead weight in the form of some random stones about the garden, and a series of bricks stacked up to hold the tyre in place. And the compressor rigged up to the valve on the tyre ready to fire air in as soon as the hair spray exploded. One of the big problems with big stretch is the tyre jumping back off the bead after the explosion, caused by the resulting vacuum.

The plan? Me armed with the hairspray and a lighter, Xav ready with the air gun.

Three

Two

One

BANG!

Popped on very very easily once we had enough dead weight on the wheel to force it through the tyre. Quick blast of air from the compressor up to a healty 36psi and the wheels are sitting pretty. Well, not to some, but the tyres are on, and that's all that matters. Job done.

[Image: DSCF1465.jpg]

Want to see them on?

[Image: DSCF1473.jpg]

POKE! Nah, that's just for lolz. We grabbed an old steelie, flipped it inside out to swap the ET and fitted a stack of spacers to make what looks like ET-50!

[Image: DSCF1474.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1472.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1475.jpg]

A bit of fiddling with some nuts (snigger) and we have VIP worthy 20 degrees of negative camber y0!

[Image: DSCF1483.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1484.jpg]

Enough sillyness. Here's the real deal.

[Image: DSCF1460.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1461.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1462.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1463.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1466.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1471.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1469.jpg]

Next up? Painting the wheels. I've found a way to remove the fake bolts so I can paint the centres right up to the lip in this colour:

[Image: DSCF1491.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1485.jpg]

And i'm going to get some gold zinc plated socket cap M6x10mm bolts to drop in there instead. Yes they're still fake splits but they'll look SO much better!

Will start up a how-to as a few people seem to be after split reps these days
Thanks given by:
Looks really good mate.
Thanks given by:
Mmmmm looks fecking sweet bud!! You getting camber plates?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nah, well, may go for machined arms one day but happy with the stance as it is for now. Clearance is pretty tight on the rear inner arch so might need to space it more to get the camber in
Thanks given by:
Looks good and i like those cam covers too! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I'd sell them to you if they fit your engine haha
Thanks given by:
candy red. <3
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
Yeah, looks silly, never mind lol
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
I'd be scared that the tyre could pop off lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,388 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707