Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust
(08-09-2013, 12:28 AM)Piggy Wrote: I got a gti front arb with two new links for sale Smile

well done with the progress chap

is your turbo mani just bolted onto standard xud manifold??

excuse my highly technical drawing :p

this is very basically how my manifold looks, based on a t2 manifold but using pipe instead. 4-1 so it doesn't cause space issues against the bulkhead and using the biggest pipe possible so as to not cause restriction issues or hot points

[Image: turbi_zpsb3457a84.jpg]
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
f*cking lol at that drawing
Sucks to hear about that damage caused from falling out :/ I met the guy I'm pretty sure? And he seemed alright! Bad times. Hope you get it all sorted soon mate!
Thanks given by:
lmao

did you do that drawing left handed while fighting a ferrel cat with your right hand?!?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2013, 09:41 PM)Stephen Wrote: f*cking lol at that drawing
Sucks to hear about that damage caused from falling out :/ I met the guy I'm pretty sure? And he seemed alright! Bad times. Hope you get it all sorted soon mate!

Yeah you met him when you were over, I've got my own place now so don't need to have any further conflict about it. All good :-)

And yeah my drawing lol, not bad for a laptop with a dodgy mouse haha

(08-09-2013, 09:43 PM)Piggy Wrote: lmao

did you do that drawing left handed while fighting a ferrel cat with your right hand?!?!

It was a honey badger. And a lion
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Good good Smile

Yeah looks like a child's drawing of a snail :p
Thanks given by:
When we getting this fucker done? Between the 205 and the 106? Or after? lol
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2013, 12:05 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: When we getting this fucker done? Between the 205 and the 106? Or after? lol

106 can wait, this needs to get back on the road boosting it's tits off :-D
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2013, 12:11 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 12:05 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: When we getting this fucker done? Between the 205 and the 106? Or after? lol

106 can wait, this needs to get back on the road boosting it's tits off :-D

I 2nd that comment!
Thanks given by:
Think I've worked out where the sedan left the road....Tongue
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2013, 12:42 PM)Face. Wrote: Think I've worked out where the sedan left the road....Tongue

If it's that hole in the hedge on the Eardisland road it's not mine, that was after my attempt further down the road from there
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2013, 12:48 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 12:42 PM)Face. Wrote: Think I've worked out where the sedan left the road....Tongue

If it's that hole in the hedge on the Eardisland road it's not mine, that was after my attempt further down the road from there

Damn, I was close tho.Would be interested to know where you binned it.

That road is quick, I've seen many people coming a cropper on that road mainly in the wet.
Thanks given by:
This coming weekend things are going to happen. It's hopefully going to be mot ready by the end of the month.

Here's the to do list for Saturday lol [Image: IMG-20130924-WA0030_zps0f1ebb20.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Just saw your epic technical drawing, flol!
Thanks given by:
My Microsoft paint skills are second to none haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
the best part of this list: 'paint shit black' flol
Thanks given by:
Bit of a list there. Got plenty to crack on with
Thanks given by:
meh. thats nothing. my list 1st september was 5 sheets of A4 printed!!! lmao

have fun!

PS you going to mini action day this saturday?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2013, 09:21 PM)Piggy Wrote: meh. thats nothing. my list 1st september was 5 sheets of A4 printed!!! lmao

have fun!

PS you going to mini action day this saturday?

It's not much to do really, just finishing touches to get it ready for the mot :-)

Saturday is working on the car day, got no time for minis at the moment ;-)

Although if you're thinking of going do so, brilliant track action with the minis
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
already got tickets Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nice to-do list lol!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
well bit of a sad update, you know I mentioned previously that Ive had a fight with my brother in law after he started the car up while I wasn't there which resulted in the wheel coming off and draining all the oil through the disconnected turbo feed?

well I was at the workshop all day yesterday doing jobs on the list and just happened to check my less than a thousand mile old turbo for shaft play to find out its completly f*cked. Running it dry of oil has resulted in a turbo with zero play a couple of months ago turning into a turbo with a good mm of movement in any direction. completely f*cked.

I don't even know if I have the heart to finish it, whats the point when someone else will just f*ck me over again
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Piss through his letter box, or something.
That is a right bummer though that it's failed and not even due to your fault.
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
It would have had to get hot to f*ck the turbo up that quick
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2013, 11:06 AM)Jimbo Wrote: It would have had to get hot to f*ck the turbo up that quick

revving it with no oil
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Awww man thats s#*t dude Sad
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looking at my options, drive it till it blows up, in the current state I give it about 600 miles before the shaft snaps, or I can try source a new one at great expense and difficulty as you just seem to get them in the UK, all shipped from the states = £££££££

or take it off now and have it fully refurbed before it gets worse
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
have it refurbed.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
revving it stationary with no oil wont cause the turbo to have raping play....play only occurs over time / abuse...all that will happen with no oil is itl seize...I seized the turbo twice on my blown transit from the hose pipe oil feed failing out field on FULL boost at 40psi..just got it turning again with a deep socket, got oil feed up again, and ragged on, never failed / play never got worse of such!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2013, 12:36 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: revving it stationary with no oil wont cause the turbo to have raping play....play only occurs over time / abuse...all that will happen with no oil is itl seize...I seized the turbo twice on my blown transit from the hose pipe oil feed failing out field on FULL boost at 40psi..just got it turning again with a deep socket, got oil feed up again, and ragged on, never failed / play never got worse of such!

I'm just curious how it went from zero play to lots and all that's happened is being ran dry and revved enough to leave soot stains on the floor :-\
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
sucks dood.
seriously need to get that waste of oxygen to pay back what he owes and the damages too
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,339 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,769 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01
  Project- 306 2.0 8v Turbo PUGNUT_XS 243 127,510 13-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Joep83